Windows 10: Windows 11 doesn't boot after enabling Secure Boot.

Discus and support Windows 11 doesn't boot after enabling Secure Boot. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11, everything was fine until I went to open valorant and realized that secure boot was disabled. So I went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Daniel__Machado, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Windows 11 doesn't boot after enabling Secure Boot.

Hello,I upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11, everything was fine until I went to open valorant and realized that secure boot was disabled. So I went into my bios Asus PRIME-B550M-A , Boot>OS type and switched it from "other os" to "Windows UEFI mode".I saved and restarted my PC. Windows 11 started automatic startup repair and I couldn't boot into windows. It created a log file C:\Windows\System32\LogFiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt . So after this, I decided to go into the bios and go to key management and delete the PK. After doing this I was able to boot into windows normally with secure boot

:)

Daniel__Machado, Oct 25, 2021

2. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Oct 25, 2021
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Oct 25, 2021
  4. digibucc Win User

Windows 11 doesn't boot after enabling Secure Boot.

Windows 8 Secure Boot: Designed to Lock Out Linux?

from the article:
    translation:
    so if an oem manufacturer wants their firmware to enable secure boot with windows, it will be controlled and mandated by microsoft.

in order to allow secured boot, they will need to follow msofts rules. since the signed os bit is part of UEFI anyway, i'm not sure what rules microsoft will impose, but this is fancy speak trying to hide the fact that they WILL mandate and control firmwares that enable secured boot for windows.

not saying that does or doesn't make sense, they just deliberately tried to hide that point.

digibucc, Oct 25, 2021
Thema:

Windows 11 doesn't boot after enabling Secure Boot.

1. Windows 11 doesn't boot after enabling Secure Boot. - Similar Threads - doesn't boot enabling

2. WIndows 11 not booting normally after enabling secure boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIndows 11 not booting normally after enabling secure boot: For some reason I have to enable secure boot on my pc. I enabled Windows 10 UEFI support then secure boot in the BIOS. But then my pc boot into blank screen in the second day, mouse and keyboard lights on, nothing on monitor. I restarted it with the restart button and it...
  3. WIndows 11 not booting normally after enabling secure boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIndows 11 not booting normally after enabling secure boot: For some reason I have to enable secure boot on my pc. I enabled Windows 10 UEFI support then secure boot in the BIOS. But then my pc boot into blank screen in the second day, mouse and keyboard lights on, nothing on monitor. I restarted it with the restart button and it...
  4. Windows 11 Secure boot enabled, but not?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Secure boot enabled, but not?: I would like to update my computer to windows 11. I have an Asus tuf b360 pro-gaming motherboard and in the bios it says that the secure boot is enabled, but in the health app it says that it isnt. I have absolutely no idea what the problem is. Updated the drivers and still...
  5. Windows 11 Secure boot enabled, but not?

Windows 11 Secure boot enabled, but not?: I would like to update my computer to windows 11. I have an Asus tuf b360 pro-gaming motherboard and in the bios it says that the secure boot is enabled, but in the health app it says that it isnt. I have absolutely no idea what the problem is. Updated the drivers and still...
  6. Windows 11 Secure boot enabled, but not?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Re-enable secure boot after dualing boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-enable secure boot after dualing boot: I just finish dual booting my computer with windows 11 and Ubuntu 20.04. In order to dual boot I had to disable secure boot, and now that I'm done with the installation process i was wondering if a can enable secure boot again or if that will not let me initiate Ubuntu....
  8. Enabling secure Boot - Windows 11

Enabling secure Boot - Windows 11: Hii am trying to enable secure boot on my PC, but without success. I went to the BIOS, make the settings accordingly, any idea how to do it ?RegardsManuel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enabling-secure-boot-windows-11/fd9ccb12-56fd-44ed-ab9f-eb391449eccf
  9. Enabling secure Boot - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enabling secure Boot - Windows 11: Hii am trying to enable secure boot on my PC, but without success. I went to the BIOS, make the settings accordingly, any idea how to do it ?RegardsManuel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enabling-secure-boot-windows-11/fd9ccb12-56fd-44ed-ab9f-eb391449eccf
  10. Windows 11 doesn't boot after enabling Secure Boot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 doesn't boot after enabling Secure Boot.: Hello,I upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11, everything was fine until I went to open valorant and realized that secure boot was disabled. So I went into my bios Asus PRIME-B550M-A , Boot>OS type and switched it from "other os" to "Windows UEFI mode".I saved and restarted...