Windows 10: Windows 11 doesn't recognize my HDD

Discus and support Windows 11 doesn't recognize my HDD in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I upgraded to Win 11, my 2TB HDD was not recognized in the new config. All my data on that drive is inaccessible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by VibroSteve, Jun 1, 2022.

1. Windows 11 doesn't recognize my HDD

When I upgraded to Win 11, my 2TB HDD was not recognized in the new config. All my data on that drive is inaccessible

:)

VibroSteve, Jun 1, 2022
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows 11 doesn't recognize my HDD [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jun 1, 2022
  3. CyrrusV Win User
    hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Jun 1, 2022
  4. BetoLP Win User

Windows 11 doesn't recognize my HDD

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Windows 11 doesn't recognize my HDD [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Jun 1, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 doesn't recognize my HDD

1. Windows 11 doesn't recognize my HDD - Similar Threads - doesn't recognize HDD

2. Why Doesn't Windows 11 and 10 Recognize My External HDD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Doesn't Windows 11 and 10 Recognize My External HDD?: I have this HDD that I used to be able to use on Windows but it stopped working and it is only recognized now on Ubuntu. I had a similar problem with a USB Flash Drive but Disk Manager was able to show the Flash Drive so all I needed to do was assign a letter to the...
  3. Why Doesn't Windows 11 and 10 Recognize My External HDD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Doesn't Windows 11 and 10 Recognize My External HDD?: I have this HDD that I used to be able to use on Windows but it stopped working and it is only recognized now on Ubuntu. I had a similar problem with a USB Flash Drive but Disk Manager was able to show the Flash Drive so all I needed to do was assign a letter to the...
  4. Windows 11 doesn't recognize my HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 doesn't recognize my HDD: When I upgraded to Win 11, my 2TB HDD was not recognized in the new config. All my data on that drive is inaccessible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-doesnt-recognize-my-hdd/b6e90b78-a8c0-4ac1-aa46-b083bb4a5080
  5. Windows 11 doesn't recognize my camera for "Hello" sign-in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 doesn't recognize my camera for "Hello" sign-in: I've been trying to set up my laptop for "Hello", so I don't have to put in a pin each time. I get two messages:1. "We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face..2. I removed a driver under "biometrics" in device manager as instructed on one of the answers....
  6. Windows 11 doesn't recognize my camera for "Hello" sign-in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 doesn't recognize my camera for "Hello" sign-in: I've been trying to set up my laptop for "Hello", so I don't have to put in a pin each time. I get two messages:1. "We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face..2. I removed a driver under "biometrics" in device manager as instructed on one of the answers....
  7. My SSD is recognized as HDD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My SSD is recognized as HDD: i have a problem where task manager reads SSD as HDD but previously task manager reads my SSD correctly. but I don't know what I did last time. can anyone help me?Screenshot taken from — 07/01/2021:Screenshot taken from — 08/13/2021:...
  8. My SSD is recognized as HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My SSD is recognized as HDD: i have a problem where task manager reads SSD as HDD but previously task manager reads my SSD correctly. but I don't know what I did last time. can anyone help me?Screenshot taken from — 07/01/2021:Screenshot taken from — 08/13/2021:...
  9. Windows 10 doesn't recognize external hdd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 doesn't recognize external hdd: I have a hdd that I took from my old laptop, and I'm trying to use it as an external hard drive for my new one, but it doesn't recognize it. I'm using a SATA III to USB-C adapter, I can feel and hear it spinning, but after like 15 seconds it stops. [ATTACH] This is what...
  10. HDD not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD not recognized: I have a device that allows exploring HDDs via a UHB hookup. I have several HDDs and have been able to view contents with a device purchased from Cables-to-Go. I don't think that I've used it subsequent to Win 10. Now when I use it it the drives hooked aren't recognized. The...