Windows 10: Windows 11 drag and drop icon of file, thumbnail image is opaque, previous version of...

Discus and support Windows 11 drag and drop icon of file, thumbnail image is opaque, previous version of... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,In Windows 11, when dragging a file or folder item the thumbnail graphic is opaque and makes it very difficult to see where you are dragging the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AriK_240, May 17, 2023.

1. AriK_240 Win User

Windows 11 drag and drop icon of file, thumbnail image is opaque, previous version of...

Hello,In Windows 11, when dragging a file or folder item the thumbnail graphic is opaque and makes it very difficult to see where you are dragging the item to. In previous versions of windows the thumbnail has transparencies so you can see the target items below this. Other forum posts have indicated this is a bug.Is there a know fix to this issue, or any status updates for resolution?My organization does not allow use of Feedback hub, is there another way to report this issue?Screen shot of the opaque thumbnail:Thanks,Ari

:)

AriK_240, May 17, 2023
  2. gatahwa Win User

Drag and drop in Windows 11

Windows 11 drag and drop icon of file, thumbnail image is opaque, previous version of... 6eaaeddb-ce73-45b8-9ed7-bbcb96a3909c?upload=true.png

Hello,

It is May and I still have "Build 22000", how do I update to "Build 22581"?

Regards,

gatahwa, May 17, 2023
  3. Drag and drop in Windows 11

Drag and Drop is now available in Windows 11 Beta Channel.

Announcing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22581 | Windows Insider Blog

Changes and Improvements

[Taskbar]

• Drag and drop is now supported on the Windows 11 taskbar. Quickly drag and drop files between app windows, by hovering over apps in the taskbar to bring their windows to the foreground. Try attaching a file to an Outlook e-mail by dragging it and hovering over the Outlook icon in the taskbar to bring the window to the foreground. Once in the foreground, drop your file into the e-mail to attach it. You can also customize your taskbar with your favorite apps from Start’s All apps list by dragging and dropping over the taskbar to pin them. You can also drag and drop to the desktop via “Show desktop” at the very right corner of the taskbar.

Sumit (Volunteer Moderator), May 17, 2023
  4. Windows 11 drag and drop icon of file, thumbnail image is opaque, previous version of...

Drag and drop capabilities in Windows 11 File Finder

I am having trouble getting used to the new file finder setting in Windows 11. Is there a tutorial anywhere to explain everything. I am used to the drag and drop capabilities of previous version and it appears that isn't available anymore, at least I'm having a hard time doing it. Any suggestions would be helpful.

JayneCoxParker, May 17, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11 drag and drop icon of file, thumbnail image is opaque, previous version of...

1. Windows 11 drag and drop icon of file, thumbnail image is opaque, previous version of... - Similar Threads - drag drop icon

2. Drag and Drop files to programmes Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drag and Drop files to programmes Windows 11: Is Windows 11 Drag and Drop to the apps and programmes in the task bar ever going to be restored? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop-files-to-programmes-windows-11/9286121a-0663-4a93-9245-01dcabc71bcf
  3. Drag and Drop files to programmes Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drag and Drop files to programmes Windows 11: Is Windows 11 Drag and Drop to the apps and programmes in the task bar ever going to be restored? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop-files-to-programmes-windows-11/9286121a-0663-4a93-9245-01dcabc71bcf
  4. Windows 11 drag and drop icon of file, thumbnail image is opaque, previous version of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 drag and drop icon of file, thumbnail image is opaque, previous version of...: Hello,In Windows 11, when dragging a file or folder item the thumbnail graphic is opaque and makes it very difficult to see where you are dragging the item to. In previous versions of windows the thumbnail has transparencies so you can see the target items below this. Other...
  5. Windows 11 drag and drop icon of file/folder is toooo BIG

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 drag and drop icon of file/folder is toooo BIG: Related to many questions from [believe it or not] 2010 [How to remove/disable the icon/thumbnail that floats above the - Microsoft Community], thousands of MS SW engineers are still unable to resolve a BIG issue with UX / accessibility and proper visual freedom.Now, Jan...
  6. Windows 11 drag and drop icon of file/folder is toooo BIG

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 drag and drop icon of file/folder is toooo BIG: Related to many questions from [believe it or not] 2010 [How to remove/disable the icon/thumbnail that floats above the - Microsoft Community], thousands of MS SW engineers are still unable to resolve a BIG issue with UX / accessibility and proper visual freedom.Now, Jan...
  7. Opaque rectangle when dragging and dropping - can't see target - 20H2

in Windows 10 Support
    Opaque rectangle when dragging and dropping - can't see target - 20H2: Hi, since 'upgrading' from 1903 to 20H2, I've encoutered a few disadvantages. Yesterday I came across another. Win 1903 when dragging and dropping a file I'd been able to see the target quite easily. Now the target is obscured, whether by a rectangle with an icon reflecting...
  8. Drag and drop files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Drag and drop files: i have a touch pad thing and i cant drag and drop files into a diffrent folder how do i do this please help me, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop-files/834e0054-f3ba-477b-839c-d09481300874
  9. Drag and Drop Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Drag and Drop Desktop Icons: Trust this is posted in correct forum...……… I cannot drag and drop desktop icons (?) They always move back. I have researched and tried 1) ESC key option 2) Task Manger explorer.exe option 3) Registry EnableLUA option. None of this worked. I've run sfc /scannow with no...
  10. Drag and drop files

in Windows 10 Support
    Drag and drop files: [img] when dragging files in win 10 the icon is so big that u can not see where u r dragging to. Is there a way to turn this feature off ? IN THE SCREEN CAPTURE WHEN I DRAG A FILE THIS ICON GOES WITH THE DRAGGING FILE AND MAKE IT HARD TO SEE WHERE YOU ARE DROPPING IT....