Windows 10: Windows 11 drains batter much faster than Windows 10.

Discus and support Windows 11 drains batter much faster than Windows 10. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; In overall general use please confirm that Windows 11 drains the battery far faster than Windows 10? If you confirm this, I can stop trying to optimise... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Rob Green4, May 24, 2024.

1. Windows 11 drains batter much faster than Windows 10.

In overall general use please confirm that Windows 11 drains the battery far faster than Windows 10? If you confirm this, I can stop trying to optimise the system.In other responses Microsoft justifies the poor battery usage on Windows 11 by suggesting that the system is being used differently to Windows 10.I do not use Windows 11 in any different way to how I used Windows 10.Windows 11 performs far less effectively than Windows 10. On Windows 10 the battery would last for more than 8 hours and I never once experienced an issue with the laptop.Since upgrading the same laptop to Windows 11 an

:)

Rob Green4, May 24, 2024
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 24, 2024
  3. JasonR_91 Win User
    Is Windows 11 draining laptop battery faster?

Thank you, Aymeric for your response. However, it looks like many users on the Internet are raising similar concerns on other forums that, after they upgraded to Windows 11, their laptop battery is draining faster.

So far I stay with Windows 10. Hence dual boot and not an upgrade!

JasonR_91, May 24, 2024
  4. JasonR_91 Win User

Windows 11 drains batter much faster than Windows 10.

Is Windows 11 draining laptop battery faster?

Hi,

I have HP 245 G7 notebook with Windows 10 2004 side by side with Windows 11 22000.318 in dual boot.

While Windows 11 is certainly faster, I notice that it seems to be draining the laptop battery faster too.

While on Windows 10 with normal activities it easily lasts 3.5 to 4 hours, in the case of Windows 11 it reaches less than 10% in just 2 hours. This is despite I have enabled battery saver in Windows 11 as always on.

Also comparing side by side, say when idling at say 90% battery Windows 10 shows 5 hours remaining, at the same time Windows 11 shoes just 2 hours 30 mins remaining.

Is this a known issue with Windows 11 or am I missing something?

Ideally, I expect 11 to be superior to 10, in speed, performance, and power efficiency at least.

Thanks.

JasonR_91, May 24, 2024
Thema:

Windows 11 drains batter much faster than Windows 10.

1. Windows 11 drains batter much faster than Windows 10. - Similar Threads - drains batter much

2. Windows 11 drains batter much faster than Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 drains batter much faster than Windows 10.: In overall general use please confirm that Windows 11 drains the battery far faster than Windows 10? If you confirm this, I can stop trying to optimise the system.In other responses Microsoft justifies the poor battery usage on Windows 11 by suggesting that the system is...
  3. Windows 10 is MUCH faster than windows 11 for my friend

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 is MUCH faster than windows 11 for my friend: My friend with AMD 7800 xt & Ryzen 7 7700x & 32GB RAM 6k Mhz Speed agrees that windows 10 works for him without any of the lags he had on win11 and it just feels so much smoother.Apps opening, apps using, system apps using, etc. It's just so much faster and Win10 has an...
  4. Windows 10 is MUCH faster than windows 11 for my friend

Windows 10 is MUCH faster than windows 11 for my friend: My friend with AMD 7800 xt & Ryzen 7 7700x & 32GB RAM 6k Mhz Speed agrees that windows 10 works for him without any of the lags he had on win11 and it just feels so much smoother.Apps opening, apps using, system apps using, etc. It's just so much faster and Win10 has an...
  5. It doesn’t look like Windows 11 is much faster than Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    It doesn’t look like Windows 11 is much faster than Windows 10: The general crappiness of Windows updates is so well-known these days that it has become a bit of a cliched meme. They often don’t work and sometimes even harm device performance. It is understandable then why many people try to avoid Windows updates but it seems even more so...
  6. Battery life draining much faster after Windows 11 install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery life draining much faster after Windows 11 install: I installed Windows 11 last week and it drastically decreased my battery life. I ran a diagnostic and my battery is now running at half capacity after having no problems before the update. I reverted to Windows 10 to see if this would fix the problem but it didn't. Is anyone...
  7. Battery life draining much faster after Windows 11 install

Battery life draining much faster after Windows 11 install: I installed Windows 11 last week and it drastically decreased my battery life. I ran a diagnostic and my battery is now running at half capacity after having no problems before the update. I reverted to Windows 10 to see if this would fix the problem but it didn't. Is anyone...
  8. Is Windows 11 draining laptop battery faster?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Windows 11 draining laptop battery faster?: Hi,I have HP 245 G7 notebook with Windows 10 2004 side by side with Windows 11 22000.318 in dual boot.While Windows 11 is certainly faster, I notice that it seems to be draining the laptop battery faster too.While on Windows 10 with normal activities it easily lasts 3.5 to 4...
  9. Is Windows 11 draining laptop battery faster?

Is Windows 11 draining laptop battery faster?: Hi,I have HP 245 G7 notebook with Windows 10 2004 side by side with Windows 11 22000.318 in dual boot.While Windows 11 is certainly faster, I notice that it seems to be draining the laptop battery faster too.While on Windows 10 with normal activities it easily lasts 3.5 to 4...
  10. Battery life draining faster than usual

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery life draining faster than usual: I have been using my laptop alot for online school and playing lots of games, and recently I have noticed that its going down MUCH faster when I play games that it used to, so I found out how to get a battery report and I want to know if this is good for my computer, and what...