Windows 10: Windows 11 dual mirror make applications go fullscreen covering taskbar on 2nd monitor

Discus and support Windows 11 dual mirror make applications go fullscreen covering taskbar on 2nd monitor in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I installed a 2nd monitor and when I did so I tried maximize Google chrome and it started covering the whole screen even the taskbar itself. So if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Viktor Edström, Oct 16, 2021.

1. Windows 11 dual mirror make applications go fullscreen covering taskbar on 2nd monitor

So I installed a 2nd monitor and when I did so I tried maximize Google chrome and it started covering the whole screen even the taskbar itself. So if I an application in fullscreen I can´t switch between other applications because it covers my options. The problem is that the taskbar on the second monitor isn´t always on top I think. But I can´t seem to find the correct setting to fix this problem because of the new layout! Anyone that can guide me? The first monitor works as it should it just the 2nd monitor.Best regards Viktor

:)

Viktor Edström, Oct 16, 2021
  2. Zemphi Win User

Taskbar when running game fullscreen borderless (dual monitors)

Hi,

The guy in this post asks if the update will fix his taskbar issue, not causing it.

Witch is currently my case, since I literally have to force it up, sometimes it takes 2-3 tries to get it to show when I am ingame playing in fullscreen window mode.

Considering removing one or both of the updates to try and figure out witch one of them did it, since there was 2 updates 1 day apart for me.

The game itself acts like it's tabbed out when I tab/click my 2nd monitor but the taskbar doesn't show when doing that.

The issue is only in windowed fullscreen and no taskbar settings has been added so it has something to do with the update. I tried going to fullscreen and back agian to borderless windowed but it's still there, in all games I play with this setting. They
    fked it up that's for sure...

-L

Zemphi, Oct 16, 2021
  3. How to run a fullscreen app on dual touch monitor on Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the below questions.

1. Are you trying to mirror the display on your PC? Or are you trying to use the extended display to display two different application on different
    monitors?

2. What is the make and model of your PC?

3. What is the make and model of the touch monitors?

4. How are the monitor connected to your PC?

Windows 10 provides multiple display options when multiple monitors are connected to your PC.

1. PC Screen only – Display will be available on the primary monitor only.

2. Duplicate - Shows the entire desktop on both displays. The secondary monitor will mirror the primary display.

3. Extend - Stretch the desktop across the two displays. The desktop screen of your PC is extended across all the detected monitors and allows you to
    have a desktop screen that spans across all monitors.

4. Second Screen only – Display will only be available on the secondary monitor.

If you are trying to duplicate your monitor to display the same application and task on the both the monitor, I would suggest you follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps:

To do that,

1. Tap on Windows + I on the keyboard.
    2. Click on the System option.
    3. Now click on the Display option.
    4. Under Multiple displays, select Duplicate these displays by clicking on the drop down.

We await your response.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Oct 16, 2021
  4. Zemphi Win User

Windows 11 dual mirror make applications go fullscreen covering taskbar on 2nd monitor

Taskbar when running game fullscreen borderless (dual monitors)

Nah this is completely different, I only want taskbar on my main monitor, but when ingame full screen (borderless windowed) after anniversary update, I can't show the taskbar on my main screen by clicking on my 2nd monitor, not that I want taskbar on my
    2nd monitor.

Thanks for trying tho I still appreciate it.

The game itself acts as if it's tabbed out, but visually I can't tell.

-L

Zemphi, Oct 16, 2021
Thema:

Windows 11 dual mirror make applications go fullscreen covering taskbar on 2nd monitor

1. Windows 11 dual mirror make applications go fullscreen covering taskbar on 2nd monitor - Similar Threads - dual mirror applications

2. Windows 11 taskbar covers the bottom of Office365 applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 taskbar covers the bottom of Office365 applications: There are already 2 other posts with this question. One is locked and the other is discussing the situation that the taskbar autohide feature seems not to work when Excel or other Office 365 application is maximised.My situation is that autohide is off, but when I maximised...
  3. Windows 11 taskbar covers the bottom of Office365 applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 taskbar covers the bottom of Office365 applications: HiI have the same question as a previous post but there is no clear answer, Could someone please support fixing this issue?Basically when Excel is maximized, the task bar which is set to AUTOHIDE, does not go away. Interestingly, when the task bar is NOT SET TO AUTOHIDE, then...
  4. Application window covers taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application window covers taskbar: I seem to be seeing an issue with the taskbar and application windows the opposite way to other posts. My problem is that when Windows starts and I load an application which has a window which I move down the screen it goes behind the taskbar, i.e. the taskbar is still...
  5. Application window covers taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application window covers taskbar: I seem to be seeing an issue with the taskbar and application windows the opposite way to other posts. My problem is that when Windows starts and I load an application which has a window which I move down the screen it goes behind the taskbar, i.e. the taskbar is still...
  6. Application window covers taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows 11 taskbar covers the bottom of Office365 applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 taskbar covers the bottom of Office365 applications: I'm using WIndows 11, when I maximize an Excel by dragging the window up gainst the top of the monitor or by selecting the "maximize" icon in the upper right, all the Excel tabs are hidden behind the taskbar and I am unable to fix this, what can be done?Thank you....
  8. Windows 11 taskbar covers the bottom of Office365 applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 taskbar covers the bottom of Office365 applications: I'm using WIndows 11, when I maximize an Excel by dragging the window up gainst the top of the monitor or by selecting the "maximize" icon in the upper right, all the Excel tabs are hidden behind the taskbar and I am unable to fix this, what can be done?Thank you....
  9. Windows 11 dual mirror make applications go fullscreen covering taskbar on 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 dual mirror make applications go fullscreen covering taskbar on 2nd monitor: So I installed a 2nd monitor and when I did so I tried maximize Google chrome and it started covering the whole screen even the taskbar itself. So if I an application in fullscreen I can´t switch between other applications because it covers my options. The problem is that the...
  10. how to mirror 2nd monitor to 3rd monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to mirror 2nd monitor to 3rd monitor: I was using win 7 with 3 monitors, extending desktop to second monitor and mirroring the second on the third monitor. I don't see how to do this in Win 10. Option not available?...