Windows 10: Windows 11 Dual Monitors Display Port/HDMI Window rearranging to main monitor upon waking...

Discus and support Windows 11 Dual Monitors Display Port/HDMI Window rearranging to main monitor upon waking... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have two monitors:- main monitor: 1440p, Display Port- second monitor: 1080p, HDMIOne of the main reasons I upgraded to Windows 11 was to avoid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by etherealantlers, Jan 21, 2022.

1. Windows 11 Dual Monitors Display Port/HDMI Window rearranging to main monitor upon waking...

I have two monitors:- main monitor: 1440p, Display Port- second monitor: 1080p, HDMIOne of the main reasons I upgraded to Windows 11 was to avoid having my windows rearranging upon waking. After doing a clean install of Windows 11, I noticed that only my browser/google chrome is moving to my main monitor. The only window that is moved to the main monitor is google chrome. I have Spotify as WIN+< and Discord as WIN+>, those two windows stay on that second monitor in the location I have them arranged.File Explorer windows also do not rearrange on main monitor upon waking from from monitor

:)

etherealantlers, Jan 21, 2022

2. Dual Monitors connecting to Docking Station

I have an HP laptop, running Windows 7, with an HP docking station. I also have dual LG monitors. I have one monitor connected through the VGA port. I have a Displayport to HDMI cable for the second monitor. The display ports on the docking station
    are ++. The HDMI monitor will wake up when connected, it asks if I want to connect, but I cannot answer OK. It then goes to sleep. I have the monitors set to extend, and I keep the laptop closed. Both monitors work, using the VGA, so I know it isn't a
    monitor issue. Suggestions?

BDe Vries1, Jan 21, 2022
  3. Rey Bel1 Win User
    Dual monitors with HDMI not working

Hi Anthony,

If both devices aren't detecting each other after properly setting them up, try these steps and see if it helps:

• First you need a video cable for making the physically connection. For better picture quality, you should connect the computer to the TV using standard VGA ports or via the DVI to HDMI cable provided your TV supports these ports.
    • Open the "display settings" in your computer and activate output to the TV screen. You can either mirror content of your computer on the TV or extend the display just like a dual monitor screen.
    • Pick up your TV remote and switch to "External Inputs" from the menu. You will need to change the default "Video 1" to a different selection which may be "HDMI 1" or "Video 2" depending on how you have made the connection.

Important: Make sure you connect the cable to the TV before turning on the computer as sometimes it may fail to recognize external display.

Also, you may refer to Andre Da Costa's How to add multiple monitors to
    your Windows 10 PC
    for more information about setting up dual monitors in Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rey Bel1, Jan 21, 2022
  4. Windows 11 Dual Monitors Display Port/HDMI Window rearranging to main monitor upon waking...

No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

Issue solved

Removed DVI/HDMI cable from computer and monitor

Step 1: Check if the VGA monitor cable is defective.

1. Turn off computer
    2. Connect the monitor VGA cable from the monitor to the VGA port on the computer
    3. Turn on computer, VGA monitor cable is good.

Step 2: Tun off computer
    1. Connect HDMI Cable to HDMI port and TV
    2. Turn on computer and TV, there is no monitor black screen
    3. Click on the Windows logo, select the Settings icon , and then select

System. Under Display there are two squares, labeled 1 and 2

D Click on Advanced Display Settings:

Display information: Display 1- Monitor Display 2 -TV

E Right-click the Speakers icon in
      the taskbar, select Sound, click on Playback devices,

a s tv screen with my brand shows
      AMD High Definition Audio Device ready.

F. Problem solved

Cause of the problem: Defective VGA port on the Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter

Rooben Kajima, Jan 21, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 Dual Monitors Display Port/HDMI Window rearranging to main monitor upon waking...

1. Windows 11 Dual Monitors Display Port/HDMI Window rearranging to main monitor upon waking... - Similar Threads - Dual Monitors Display

2. Dual monitor BSOD when waking up or turning off main monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitor BSOD when waking up or turning off main monitor.: As the title says, I get a BSOD every time I either turn off my main monitor or wake up my pc from sleep it seems like the second monitor wakes up first, and it "counts" as if my main monitor got turned off or something. I have my graphics drivers up to date and...
  3. Windows 11 Dual Monitors Display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Dual Monitors Display: After installing windows 11 on my PC that had windows 10, now my 2nd monitor does not respond, it shows no signal and powers off. I have checked drivers and updates. Did all the suggested fix's recommended by Microsoft and nothing helps.HELP !...
  4. Windows 11 Dual Monitors Display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Dual Monitors Display: After installing windows 11 on my PC that had windows 10, now my 2nd monitor does not respond, it shows no signal and powers off. I have checked drivers and updates. Did all the suggested fix's recommended by Microsoft and nothing helps.HELP !...
  5. Windows 11 does not work with Monitor in Display Port, but HDMI ¿?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 does not work with Monitor in Display Port, but HDMI ¿?: I've an Asus Prime Z690 Wifi D4 + Intel I7 12700k processor with Intel Integrated UHD Intel 770 graphic card updated all to latest drivers If I plug it using Hdmi output to a Philips 241b8q monitor and it works very well installed latest drivers But If I plug the computer...
  6. Windows 11 does not work with Monitor in Display Port, but HDMI ¿?

Windows 11 does not work with Monitor in Display Port, but HDMI ¿?: I've an Asus Prime Z690 Wifi D4 + Intel I7 12700k processor with Intel Integrated UHD Intel 770 graphic card updated all to latest drivers If I plug it using Hdmi output to a Philips 241b8q monitor and it works very well installed latest drivers But If I plug the computer...
  7. Windows 11 Dual Monitors Display Port/HDMI Window rearranging to main monitor upon waking...

Windows 11 Dual Monitors Display Port/HDMI Window rearranging to main monitor upon waking...: I have two monitors:- main monitor: 1440p, Display Port- second monitor: 1080p, HDMIOne of the main reasons I upgraded to Windows 11 was to avoid having my windows rearranging upon waking. After doing a clean install of Windows 11, I noticed that only my browser/google chrome...
  8. monitor works with hdmi but not display port

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    monitor works with hdmi but not display port: recently my monitor (dell u2412h) started glitching with horizontal lines flashing on the screen on and off in a continuos pattern (1 sec off 1 sec on). then one afternoon i restarted my pc and the displayport wasnt working anymore. tried the hdmi cable, and that one worked....
  9. Dual Monitor System - Main Monitor won't wake up

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Monitor System - Main Monitor won't wake up: I've got a dual monitor system - Intel I5, Nvidia Geforce GTX960... Anyways, for some reason, here and there when I sit in front of my machine in the morning and wiggle my mouse, my main monitor does not come back to life. I should mention, that the main monitor on this...
  10. Dual Monitor System - Main Monitor sometimes won't wake up??

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual Monitor System - Main Monitor sometimes won't wake up??: I've got a dual monitor system - Intel I5, Nvidia Geforce GTX960... Anyways, for some reason, here and there when I sit in front of my machine in the morning and wiggle my mouse, my main monitor does not come back to life. I should mention, that the main monitor on this...