Windows 10: Windows 11 encryption while dual booting

Discus and support Windows 11 encryption while dual booting in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I have on my laptop asus zephyrus g14 Manjaro linux and Windows 11 pro at the same time. Both are not encrypted. But I want to encrypt my Windows 11... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Fedi_769, Jun 25, 2022.

1. Fedi_769 Win User

Windows 11 encryption while dual booting

So I have on my laptop asus zephyrus g14 Manjaro linux and Windows 11 pro at the same time. Both are not encrypted. But I want to encrypt my Windows 11 pro using BitLocker. The TPM is available. When I start the BitLocker and click on "Turn on BitLocker", I get an error message saying "The volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid". I tried to clear the TPM but still have this error. I don't know what to do, I tried to google this issue but I found nothing! Please I need some help!

:)

Fedi_769, Jun 25, 2022
  2. antares Win User

Encrypt Win10/11 dual boot with Veracrypt?

Is it possible to fully encrypt a Windows 10/Windows 11 dual boot system installed in two separate SSD's (Win 10 in SSD1, Win11 in SSD2) with Veracrypt? Thanks

antares, Jun 25, 2022
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 25, 2022
  4. topgundcp Win User

Dual Booting with Windows 8.1

The procedure below will allow you to boot Windows separately or in dual boot configuration.
    Here's what I recommend to do:
    1. Disconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    2. Install Windows 10 with one drive connected.
    3. After step 2, reconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    4. Boot up Windows 8.1. Open disk management and take a note of the drive letter of Windows 10 OS.
      NOTE: if you boot up Windows 10, then take a note of Windows 8.1 drive letter
    5. Open Admin command prompt and type: bcdboot X:\windows where X: is the drive letter of Windows 10 (Windows 8.1 if you boot from Windows 10 in step 4)
    6. Reboot the PC. You should have a dual boot screen.

NOTE: To break off the dual boot setting, Win+R->msconfig->boot and delete the none default entry on the list.

topgundcp, Jun 25, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 11 encryption while dual booting - Similar Threads - encryption while dual

2. Dual boot windows 11 and windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual boot windows 11 and windows 11: i have 2 ssd disk c:500gb and d:500gb, i make partition with 120gb from d, and i want to dual boot and install windows inside the new partition and i got error message windows could not prepare the computer to boot the next phase of installation to install windows restart the...
  3. Dual boot windows 11 and windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual boot windows 11 and windows 11: i have 2 ssd disk c:500gb and d:500gb, i make partition with 120gb from d, and i want to dual boot and install windows inside the new partition and i got error message windows could not prepare the computer to boot the next phase of installation to install windows restart the...
  4. Dual Boot Windows 10 and 11 while sharing settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Boot Windows 10 and 11 while sharing settings: Is it possible to install both windows 10 and 11 and tell them to share some settings/files, eg the stuff determining which apps are shown in the apps & features list, the desktop shortcuts and layout, taskbar, startmenu, autostart apps, etc. so i can switch between the two...
  5. Dual Boot Windows 10 and 11 while sharing settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual Boot Windows 10 and 11 while sharing settings: Is it possible to install both windows 10 and 11 and tell them to share some settings/files, eg the stuff determining which apps are shown in the apps & features list, the desktop shortcuts and layout, taskbar, startmenu, autostart apps, etc. so i can switch between the two...
  6. Dual Boot Windows 10 and 11 while sharing settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Windows 11 encryption while dual booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 encryption while dual booting: So I have on my laptop asus zephyrus g14 Manjaro linux and Windows 11 pro at the same time. Both are not encrypted. But I want to encrypt my Windows 11 pro using BitLocker. The TPM is available. When I start the BitLocker and click on "Turn on BitLocker", I get an error...
  8. BitLocker encrypted drive- Split and dual boot?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BitLocker encrypted drive- Split and dual boot?: Hi All, I have a laptop running Win10 with BitLocker enabled with a 1TB SSD. Is there a way to split the SSD and dual boot another instance of Win10 without messing the initial Win10 partition? From what I've heard, this may mess up the bootloader that is on the first...
  9. Bitlocker issues while Dual Booting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bitlocker issues while Dual Booting: I have Linux dual booted with windows10 in my laptop, everytime I try to open windows, Bitlocker shows up, and I have to enter a big long password to open windows, So, I tried to disable bitlocker, I have 5 partitions, I successfully disabled bitlocker for 3 partitions these...
  10. Dual boot encryption at OS selection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Dual boot encryption at OS selection: I have two ssd's both with Windows 10. I have it set to boot to OS selection. I want to encrypt both ssd's separately so that when I choose one OS or the other that is when I have to enter the password. So far I have use bitlocker to encrypt one drive but it requires me to...