Windows 10: Windows 11 Enterprise Virtual Machine images downloads

Discus and support Windows 11 Enterprise Virtual Machine images downloads in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 11 Enterprise virtual machine images are now available. You can download the images for several popular virtualization applications directly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Nov 25, 2021.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Windows 11 Enterprise Virtual Machine images downloads

Windows 11 Enterprise virtual machine images are now available. You can download the images for several popular virtualization applications directly from Microsoft's Developer website.

Note that the virtual images include more than just a Windows 11 Enterprise installation. They are designed for developers and include several applications, e.g. Virtual Studio 2019 and Visual Studio Code. Developer Mode is also enabled automatically on these installations.

How to download Windows 11 Enterprise

Windows 11 Enterprise Virtual Machine images downloads windows-11-enterprise-virtual-machine-image.png

Note that the title of the page is mentioning Windows 10 --Get a Windows 10 desktop environment -- but that the downloads are for Windows 11; this is likely something that Microsoft has overlooked and will address in the future.

To download the virtual machine images, do the following:

1. Visit the Microsoft Developer website. The downloads are listed directly on the site that opens.
    2. Select one of the available Windows 11 Enterprise virtual machine images. All have a size of about 20 Gigabytes. The latest is the VMWare image, the smallest the Parallels image The following virtual images are provided:
      1. VMWare virtual image Windows 11 Enterprise.
      2. Hyper-V virtual image Windows 11 Enterprise.
      3. VirtualBox virtual image Windows 11 Enterprise.
      4. Parallels virtual image Windows 11 Enterprise.
    3. The download of the file starts immediately after one of the buttons is activated on the page.

The virtual machine images are set to expire on January 9, 2022 automatically. They contain a Windows 11 Enterprise installation with Windows Subsystem for Linux (Ubuntu) and Developer Mode enabled.

Windows Terminal, Visual Studio Code, Visual Studio 2019 and Windows 10 SDK version 2004 are installed as well.

The virtual machine images are designed primarily for developers, but none developers may use them as well to run Windows 11 Enterprise. Unless Enterprise is required specifically, it may be faster to download another edition of Windows 11 instead and create a virtual machine image manually using the downloaded ISO file.

Tip: check out our guide on downloading Windows 11 ISO images here.

Closing Words

The evaluation period feels rather short, considering that the images do expire in early January of 2022. Add the Holiday period of part of the globe to that, and you end up with just a few weeks in which the environment can be used in organizations.

Now You: what is your favorite Windows edition, and why? (via Deskmodder)

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Windows 11 Enterprise Virtual Machine images downloads appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Nov 25, 2021

2. Licensing for Virtual Machines on Windows 10 Enterprise

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to Licensing and Activation related to Virtual Machines in Enterprise Environment.

I would suggest you to get in touch with the
    Volume Licensing Center
    to get more information on the license of Virtual Machines.

In addition, you may also want to post your query on
    TechNet forums
    , where we have expertise and support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Virtual Machines to assist you with your query.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Nov 25, 2021
  3. S_and_S Win User
    Installing a Virtual Machine in Windows 10

Step #1 is to decide which virtual machine software you wish to install.

The three most popular choices are:

• VirtualBox (from Oracle)
    • VMWare Workstation Player (from VMWare); and
    • Hyper-V (from Microsoft)

Once you've made your choice you can find detailed, illustrated instructions for installing each one on the internet.

As a personal suggestion: You might find it easier to use either VirtualBox or VMWare Workstation Player. Hyper-V is more complicated to setup.

Between VirtualBox and VMWare, I think you'll find VirtualBox more user-friendly, and it has the advantage of allowing you to create checkpoints - backups of your virtual machine - whereas to do that in VMWare you'll need to upgrade to their (expensive!)
    paid version.

S_and_S, Nov 25, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

BSOD when launching Virtual Machine

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your effort on this. I understand how difficult it could be when the computer doesn’t work as it is supposed to, we will look into this for you. Please reply with the following details to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting
    steps:

• Which application are you using to create Virtual Machine?
    • Does the issue occur only when launching a Virtual Machine?
    • Have you reinstalled Windows on the computer?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

I have analyzed the dump files shared by you. Since the issue occurs when you launch Virtual Machine, I suggest you to try disabling the VMWare USB Arbitration Service and check if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Look for the VMWare USB Arbitration Service and double click on it to open
      Properties.
    4. Select Disabled from the drop down for
      Startup and Stop the service.
    5. Click on Apply and OK.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 25, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 11 Enterprise Virtual Machine images downloads - Similar Threads - Enterprise Virtual Machine

2. Installed Windows 11 on virtual machine and moved disk image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installed Windows 11 on virtual machine and moved disk image: I bought Windows 11 Pro yesterday and did not receive a product key in the confirmation email; is was a digital key that I assume was used when I downloaded it. The link no longer works.I moved the virtual machine windows file to an external disk and now it is unactivated. I...
  3. Installed Windows 11 on virtual machine and moved disk image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installed Windows 11 on virtual machine and moved disk image: I bought Windows 11 Pro yesterday and did not receive a product key in the confirmation email; is was a digital key that I assume was used when I downloaded it. The link no longer works.I moved the virtual machine windows file to an external disk and now it is unactivated. I...
  4. Windows 11 In a Virtual machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 In a Virtual machine: I need some help trying to get a Windows 11 VM Running on my PC. My PC does support Windows 11 but it wont run in a VM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-in-a-virtual-machine/69499972-c05e-4e0e-b6e8-626efd837830
  5. Windows 11 In a Virtual machine

Windows 11 In a Virtual machine: I need some help trying to get a Windows 11 VM Running on my PC. My PC does support Windows 11 but it wont run in a VM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-in-a-virtual-machine/69499972-c05e-4e0e-b6e8-626efd837830
  6. Windows 11 On a virtual machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 On a virtual machine: I have a virtual Machine on which I want to install Windows 11 But I Cannot download the ISO as I get errors Please help me to get the ISO Of Windows 11 Latest Stable buildThank you in advance...
  7. Windows 11 On a virtual machine

Windows 11 On a virtual machine: I have a virtual Machine on which I want to install Windows 11 But I Cannot download the ISO as I get errors Please help me to get the ISO Of Windows 11 Latest Stable buildThank you in advance...
  8. Update Windows 10 Enterprise Evaluation Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update Windows 10 Enterprise Evaluation Virtual Machine: How can I update my Windows 10 Enterprise Evaluation Virtual Machine from version1903 to 1909? I tried to use the Update Assistant and Media Creation Tool. Both tools say that my Windows version is not supported. Using this method I was able to start the Windows update in...
  9. Download virtual machines

in Windows 10 News
    Download virtual machines: Download virtual machines Test Microsoft Edge and versions of IE6 through IE11 using free virtual machines you download and manage locally. [img] Source: https://developer.microsoft.com/en-u...s/vms/windows/ 46229
  10. Capturing syspreped image on virtual machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Capturing syspreped image on virtual machine: Hello, and Merry Christmas to all! i have syspreped win10 32 bit 1511 virtual machine. problem is i cant capture .wim file. i tried for months all tutorials, and various virtual patforms (VirtualBox, Hyper-V, and VMware, which iam using right now) i try imagex, macrium,...