Windows 10: Windows 11 error "Credentials cannot be verified" when signing in with PIN

Discus and support Windows 11 error "Credentials cannot be verified" when signing in with PIN in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. I have a brand new laptop That doesn't seem to take my PIN that's been working for the past month. When I enter my PIN I get error "Credentials... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by james higgs, Aug 9, 2022.

1. Windows 11 error "Credentials cannot be verified" when signing in with PIN

Hi. I have a brand new laptop That doesn't seem to take my PIN that's been working for the past month. When I enter my PIN I get error "Credentials cannot be verified error 0xc000006d Substatus 0x0". When I try "Reset my PIN option, I get a green screen with message "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded". I'm also not able to do sys restore, uninstall updates, nor Reset PC commands. Thanks in advance for assistance.

:)

james higgs, Aug 9, 2022
  2. enfany Win User

Windows 10 PIN Sign-in: Your credential could not be verified

I've been using my Windows 10 PIN login for a long time, it recently stopped working and throwing an error: Your credential could not be verified, I'm pretty sure my PIN is correct as I've reset my PIN a couple of time.

enfany, Aug 9, 2022
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Windows 10 PIN Sign-in

Hi Pat,

It is possible that the PIN set in an earlier build does not work after reinstalling Windows 10. To better assist you, we'd like clarify few things:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using before reinstalling Windows?
    • Have you tried resetting your PIN?
    • Did you get any error messages after you verified the PIN you entered?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how you can reset your PIN.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Aug 9, 2022
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Windows 11 error "Credentials cannot be verified" when signing in with PIN

PIN

Hi Matthew,

There's a possibility that the PIN code you're asked to enter is the PIN code of your Windows 10 user account. If you signed in to Windows 10 using your Microsoft account, the Xbox app will take the credentials you've used to sign in. Let's remove the PIN
    code. Here are the steps:

1. Click Start and select Settings.
    2. Select Accounts.
    3. Select Sign-in options, under PIN, click
      Remove
    4. Confirm the changes by entering your profile password.

Refer to
    Can I sign in to Windows
    without a password for the steps on how to change the sign-in options for your Windows 10 device.

If the same instance occurs after removing the PIN code and changing your user account's sign-in options, we suggest that you sign in to
    Xbox.com. This is to verify if there's an issue with your Xbox account.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Aug 9, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 error "Credentials cannot be verified" when signing in with PIN

1. Windows 11 error "Credentials cannot be verified" when signing in with PIN - Similar Threads - error Credentials cannot

2. Your credentials cannot be verified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your credentials cannot be verified: My laptop is prompting that it cannot sign in to my account and I should sign out and in again. Tried it many times. I saw suggestions that I restart through the safe mode. So I tried going to the safe mode. While singing in to go to safe mode I get a prompt that my log in...
  3. Your credentials cannot be verified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your credentials cannot be verified: My laptop is prompting that it cannot sign in to my account and I should sign out and in again. Tried it many times. I saw suggestions that I restart through the safe mode. So I tried going to the safe mode. While singing in to go to safe mode I get a prompt that my log in...
  4. Credentials cannot be verified

Credentials cannot be verified: I recently changed the email for my 365 acct.now I cannot log into my windows laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/credentials-cannot-be-verified/1222b99c-c413-47db-8b13-6e7fd869fd8d
  5. Credentials cannot be verified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Credentials cannot be verified: I recently changed the email for my 365 acct.now I cannot log into my windows laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/credentials-cannot-be-verified/1222b99c-c413-47db-8b13-6e7fd869fd8d
  6. “Your credentials could not be verified” when entering PIN. Help!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “Your credentials could not be verified” when entering PIN. Help!!: I restarted my computer and when i went to put in my pin i got the message “your credentials could not be verified”. I tried to click “I forgot my pin” but when it did I got “Something went wrong and your PIN isn't available status: Oxc000006d, substatus:Oxc0070070. Click to...
  7. “Your credentials could not be verified” when entering PIN. Help!!

“Your credentials could not be verified” when entering PIN. Help!!: I restarted my computer and when i went to put in my pin i got the message “your credentials could not be verified”. I tried to click “I forgot my pin” but when it did I got “Something went wrong and your PIN isn't available status: Oxc000006d, substatus:Oxc0070070. Click to...
  8. “Your credentials could not be verified” when entering PIN. Help!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Windows 11 error "Credentials cannot be verified" when signing in with PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 error "Credentials cannot be verified" when signing in with PIN: Hi. I have a brand new laptop That doesn't seem to take my PIN that's been working for the past month. When I enter my PIN I get error "Credentials cannot be verified error 0xc000006d Substatus 0x0". When I try "Reset my PIN option, I get a green screen with message "The User...
  10. Credentials cannot be verified-trouble logging in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Credentials cannot be verified-trouble logging in: I have an HP Envy x360 and it is THE WORST purchase of my entire life. This computer SUCKS. It is only three years old and I have had so many problems with it it's truly ridiculous. Now, Microsoft has eliminated their customer support over the phone. WOOPEE. I hope some sees...