Windows 10: Windows 11 ethernet keeps disconnecting.

Discus and support Windows 11 ethernet keeps disconnecting. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My ethernet keeps disconnecting randomly, especially after heavy usage on Windows 11 Pro.My components:MSI B550 TomahawkRyzen 7 3700xGTX 1080 TIDA850... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Adam Červenka, May 25, 2023.

1. Windows 11 ethernet keeps disconnecting.

My ethernet keeps disconnecting randomly, especially after heavy usage on Windows 11 Pro.My components:MSI B550 TomahawkRyzen 7 3700xGTX 1080 TIDA850 Gold Silverstone – power supplyPatriot Viper 4 Series DDR4 32GB 2x 16GB 3200MT PV432G320C6KP5 M.2 SSDWhat have I tried:Changed ethernet cable to new one. – I have tried both ethernet ports on MOBOReset modem settings and restart modem.Almost all software tweaks that I have found online – multiple settings reset network….etc..Upgrade network driversCompletely fresh reinstall Windows 11Change power supply and SSD drive.Update BIOS to the late

:)

Adam Červenka, May 25, 2023
  2. Ponce918 Win User

Ethernet keeps disconnecting

I have the same issue on my Dell XPS 15 laptop (which worked normally for many months after I set it up). I've ruled out all hardware culprits (Dell even swapped in a new motherboard). I've done every last suggestion in this post and all other tutorials I've found about Ethernet disconnects and "default gateway not available" errors (including a repair install of Windows 11 Pro). My wi-fi connection is fine, but all of a sudden after six months, my laptop cannot maintain a stable Ethernet connection. It disconnects after a few minutes. Sometimes it spontaneously reconnects for a little while before disconnecting yet again. If I remove the Ethernet cable and reconnect it, that will usually restore the connection for a short time. The problem happens whether IPV4 is enabled, IPV6, or both. The only option I have not tried is the nuclear one: a clean reinstall of W11.

Ponce918, May 26, 2023
  3. Internet Randomly Disconnects: Ethernet Network Adapter Keeps Disconnecting

My internet keeps randomly disconnecting throughout the day. Its a Dell (Windows 10Pro 22H2 - Dell Precision 5770) with Network Adapter: Realtek USB Gbe Family Controller Ethernet. I tried these steps below, no resolution yet:

One thing I noticed, everytime the internet randomly disconnects, I go to Device Manager, and notice the Realtek Network Adapter has totally disappeared from the list (with no option to reenable, even after finding it in Hidden devices).

I have to go through these two steps in this order to bring back internet.

1. Restart Computer
    2. and then Restart Modem Router. ( I do restart modem by unplugging/plugging back in).
    If the ethernet disconnects, Restarting the Modem won't work. Neither will Restarting Computer work. It has two be those two steps above in that specific order. I'm curious if having this resolution path, to understand why ethernet adapter disappears. If you can help target or specify why its occurring?

Already attempted this: and the problem still continues

1. Updated Dell Drivers
    2. Windows Update
    3. Network Adapter Troubleshooter
      Windows 11 ethernet keeps disconnecting. ext?url=https%3a%2f%2fi.stack.imgur.com%2fcawMk.png

4. (a) Network Reset and (b) tried manually uninstalling/reinstalling network drivers separately
      Windows 11 ethernet keeps disconnecting. ext?url=https%3a%2f%2fi.stack.imgur.com%2fK7cfH.png

5. Tried manually downloading the software drivers at Realtek website Downloads - REALTEK
    6. Replace cable just in case, but the other computer in home does not have internet randomly disconnect
    7. Tried:
    1. Disable these three in Device Manager: (a) Energy Efficient Internet (b) Green Ethernet (c) Wake on Magic Packet
    I use the modem with another computer, and no issues whatsoever, until I got a new computer.

Note: this is different from previous question, since its looking at a problem/diagnosis path, rather power management settings.

MarkSmith201, May 26, 2023
  4. Windows 11 ethernet keeps disconnecting.

Constantly disconnecting with ethernet cable

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us posted on the status of the issue.

I suggest you to check if rolling back the Ethernet driver helps to resolve the issue. Follow the below steps.

• First of all, Press Windows logo + R from keyboard. It will open
      RUN.
    • Now type devmgmt.msc and press Enter to open Device Manager.
    • You will see all the device list of your PC. Expand Network Adapters
    Rollback driver

Double click on your Ethernet driver in Device Manager. Then Click on
    Driver tab and select Rollback.

Important: If your drive is performing well and there is no error, Rollback driver button will be grayed out as an option.

If it still does not help, I suggest you to reinstall the drivers for the Ethernet driver and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Note: Once you uninstall the drivers the Ethernet adapter device will be disabled and you won’t be able to connect to internet. So it is advisable to keep all the installer files as a back up in your hard drive.

Write to us with the results for further assistance.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 26, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11 ethernet keeps disconnecting.

1. Windows 11 ethernet keeps disconnecting. - Similar Threads - ethernet keeps disconnecting

2. Ethernet keep disconnecting adter updating to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet keep disconnecting adter updating to windows 11: I just update my windows 10 to 11 and internet keeps disconnecting within minutes i reset the network adapter and it works for 1 more minute and it keeps happening again and again. Tried new cable tried cmd pof reset netsh tried switching wlan to automatic in services....
  3. Ethernet keep disconnecting adter updating to windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet keep disconnecting adter updating to windows 11: I just update my windows 10 to 11 and internet keeps disconnecting within minutes i reset the network adapter and it works for 1 more minute and it keeps happening again and again. Tried new cable tried cmd pof reset netsh tried switching wlan to automatic in services....
  4. Windows 11 ethernet keeps disconnecting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 ethernet keeps disconnecting.: My ethernet keeps disconnecting randomly, especially after heavy usage on Windows 11 Pro.My components:MSI B550 TomahawkRyzen 7 3700xGTX 1080 TIDA850 Gold Silverstone – power supplyPatriot Viper 4 Series DDR4 32GB 2x 16GB 3200MT PV432G320C6KP5 M.2 SSDWhat have I tried:Changed...
  5. Ethernet keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet keeps disconnecting: So I just got a new PC, everything works smoothly, however whenever I try to plug in my ethernet, it'll connect for a random amount of time few hours or few days and then mysteriously it disconnects.I try unplugging and replugging it into my PC but with no results. Only when...
  6. Ethernet keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet keeps disconnecting: So I just got a new PC, everything works smoothly, however whenever I try to plug in my ethernet, it'll connect for a random amount of time few hours or few days and then mysteriously it disconnects.I try unplugging and replugging it into my PC but with no results. Only when...
  7. Ethernet keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Ethernet keeps disconnecting in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Ethernet keeps disconnecting in Windows 10: [IMG]If your Ethernet keeps disconnecting in Windows 10, then the issue could be with the hardware or the operating system. In case the problem is with the Ethernet cable, you can consider replacing it; else this post offered some suggestions to help you fix the problem....
  9. Ethernet keeps disconnecting

Ethernet keeps disconnecting: My pc keeps showing that I have no internet connection and in network adapter setting its showing my ethernet cabble is unplugged but I can temporarily fix it by disabling and enabling the network adapter but the internet again disconnects after a few minutes....
  10. Ethernet keeps disconnecting

Ethernet keeps disconnecting: Since upgrading to Win10 (1903 then 1909) I have had frequent disconnections on my broadband. I use a standard CAT 5 ethernet cable connected to my router, and after about 10 minutes or so of internet connectivity my broadband drops. I can still connect to the router which...