Windows 10: Windows 11 Explorer, Recent Items in Quick Access, and InDesign 2024

Discus and support Windows 11 Explorer, Recent Items in Quick Access, and InDesign 2024 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi - The Recent Items folder pinned in Quick Access is a godsend to me as a graphic designer. However, since getting a new Lenovo laptop in April, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sabbydoo, Jun 11, 2024.

1. Sabbydoo Win User

Windows 11 Explorer, Recent Items in Quick Access, and InDesign 2024

Hi - The Recent Items folder pinned in Quick Access is a godsend to me as a graphic designer. However, since getting a new Lenovo laptop in April, it appears I only have access to the Recent Items folder when navigating within certain apps... and InDesign isn't one of them. I can see Recent Items in other Creative Cloud apps like Illustrator and Photoshop, just not InDesign. So, if I want to save an InDesign project, I can no longer see Recent Items in the Quick Access pane as I navigate to the folder I want to save the file to. So... any advice? Thank you in advance!

:)

Sabbydoo, Jun 11, 2024

2. Recent items not showing in quick access or start list

Hi there,

I've only just upgraded to windows 10, so still getting to grips. I have the recent items option enabled in both the quick access panel and jump lists, but they're appearing in neither. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Many thanks

pennywhistle, Jun 11, 2024
  3. Recent items not showing in quick access or start list

OK, so I had misunderstood - I was expecting an actual recent items item on the start menu like we used to have in windows 7 that shows all recent items rather than lists for individual programmes. I guess this is what you get in the in the quick access option, but that means you have to open a file explorer window, then quick access to get to it, whereas previously you could click on start and hover over recent items for a complete list. Also I don't get jump lists for all the programmes I keep on the taskbar, only some of them. It just seems like windows 10 makes a lot of things a click or two further away than it used to be and therefore less easy to use - put me right if I'm mistaken.

pennywhistle, Jun 11, 2024
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Quick Access Crashes Explorer

Hi Bill,

Quick Access is a new feature in Windows 10 File Explorer navigation pane which helps users quickly navigate to locations which are frequently used. However, if you're having issues with Quick Access, you can try to disable and enable it. To disable Quick
    Access, follow these steps:

• Type File Explorer Option in the search box.
    • Click on File Explorer Options.
    • Under General tab, choose This PC in the Open File Explorer to: drop down menu.
    • Uncheck Show recently used files in Quick access and
      Show frequently use folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply an OK.
    • Restart the computer and re-enable Quick access.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Jun 11, 2024
Thema:

1. Windows 11 Explorer, Recent Items in Quick Access, and InDesign 2024 - Similar Threads - Explorer Recent Items

2. Windows 11 Explorer, Recent Items in Quick Access, and InDesign 2024

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Explorer, Recent Items in Quick Access, and InDesign 2024: Hi - The Recent Items folder pinned in Quick Access is a godsend to me as a graphic designer. However, since getting a new Lenovo laptop in April, it appears I only have access to the Recent Items folder when navigating within certain apps... and InDesign isn't one of them. I...
  3. Quick Access Items Disappear in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Access Items Disappear in File Explorer: My Documents Folders keep disappearing and being replaced by another single Document Folder. How do I stop this from happening, it's almost daily now!I found this link, but it doesn't help either:...
  4. Quick Access Items Disappear in File Explorer

Quick Access Items Disappear in File Explorer: My Documents Folders keep disappearing and being replaced by another single Document Folder. How do I stop this from happening, it's almost daily now!I found this link, but it doesn't help either:...
  5. How to reorder items in Quick access File explorer, Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reorder items in Quick access File explorer, Windows 11: I think my File Explorer Windows 11 is possessed by an evil creature that enjoys rattling me. Every once in a while it decides to substitute my pinned folders with some random and mostly useless ones. Today I decided to retry and re-organize that section of File explorer.I am...
  6. How to reorder items in Quick access File explorer, Windows 11

How to reorder items in Quick access File explorer, Windows 11: I think my File Explorer Windows 11 is possessed by an evil creature that enjoys rattling me. Every once in a while it decides to substitute my pinned folders with some random and mostly useless ones. Today I decided to retry and re-organize that section of File explorer.I am...
  7. Quick Access Items Disappear in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Access Items Disappear in File Explorer: In Windows 11 Pro, several times since mid-November, all of my Quick Access items in File Explorer have completely disappeared after reboot, with only the default items remaining ie. Desktop, Downloads, Documents, Pictures.This is maddening. All updates applied. Anyone else...
  8. Quick Access Items Disappear in File Explorer

Quick Access Items Disappear in File Explorer: In Windows 11 Pro, several times since mid-November, all of my Quick Access items in File Explorer have completely disappeared after reboot, with only the default items remaining ie. Desktop, Downloads, Documents, Pictures.This is maddening. All updates applied. Anyone else...
  9. Stop accumulating "Quick Access" items in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop accumulating "Quick Access" items in Windows Explorer: How can I STOP accumulating "Quick Access" items, in both the left and right window segments of Windows Explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-accumulating-quick-access-items-in-windows/10eed269-6819-4495-8efd-84cc917238cc
  10. Recent items not showing in quick access or start list

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent items not showing in quick access or start list: Hi there, I've only just upgraded to windows 10, so still getting to grips. I have the recent items option enabled in both the quick access panel and jump lists, but they're appearing in neither. Does anyone have any suggestions? Many thanks 31689