Windows 10: Windows 11 failed update killed my hard drive - new laptop now useless. Please help!

Discus and support Windows 11 failed update killed my hard drive - new laptop now useless. Please help! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, any help please, here's my problem in brief:In Update, saw I could download Windows 11 update.Followed all instructions, downloaded and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bob Obbs, Dec 27, 2021.

1. Bob Obbs Win User

Windows 11 failed update killed my hard drive - new laptop now useless. Please help!

Hi, any help please, here's my problem in brief:In Update, saw I could download Windows 11 update.Followed all instructions, downloaded and installation began automatically.During a restart, got BIOS screen claiming there was no hard drive.Managed to get in to WinRE but all options failed. Including: Safe mode, Repair tool, etc.. Nothing worked.Downloaded a boot file from Windows onto a USB flash drive and got a little further but it now says it cannot upgrade using Media file.Chose the other other option advanced and again the boot up fails with an error:Error is that there is no hard drive

:)

Bob Obbs, Dec 27, 2021

2. Hard drive killed by Windows update

I just my new Hp computer and the system was on auto update. It had a new Windows 10 update that was updating and this update basically killed my hard drive and I basically need a new one as told by the computer experts.

I am so disappointed with you guys how can you have software that damages ones hard drive.

ImanMatongo, Dec 27, 2021
  3. ShiBDiB Win User
    Hard Drive Failing?

My brother in laws laptop has been acting screwy today. It sounds like the hard drive is making clicking noises and he had his windows crash and go thru a re-configure screen.

My money is on his hard drive is failing, just double checking before I have him backup onto my external and stick a new one in there for him.

ShiBDiB, Dec 27, 2021
  4. phanbuey Win User

Windows 11 failed update killed my hard drive - new laptop now useless. Please help!

Hard Drives= Number 1 Failing Component?

ive killed more motherboards than hard drives, only two drives have failed on me, and one was in a laptop that I launched across the room...

phanbuey, Dec 27, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 11 failed update killed my hard drive - new laptop now useless. Please help! - Similar Threads - failed update killed

2. your latest updates killed my hard drive on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    your latest updates killed my hard drive on my laptop: Your latest update for windows11 home crashed my hard drive and and I cannot open my os now. Only have a loop between the Automatic Repair and bluescreen for Watchdog popup Error...
  3. your latest updates killed my hard drive on my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    your latest updates killed my hard drive on my laptop: Your latest update for windows11 home crashed my hard drive and and I cannot open my os now. Only have a loop between the Automatic Repair and bluescreen for Watchdog popup Error...
  4. Windows Update 21H2 Killing Hard Drives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update 21H2 Killing Hard Drives: Hello there.I have 3 computers that tried to update to 21H2. 2 Dell Desktops with a SATA interface, and 1 HP laptop with an NVME interface.In all 3 cases, once the update was complete, the computer would not boot or reboot immediately after the update.Going into the BIOS...
  5. Windows Update 21H2 Killing Hard Drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update 21H2 Killing Hard Drives: Hello there.I have 3 computers that tried to update to 21H2. 2 Dell Desktops with a SATA interface, and 1 HP laptop with an NVME interface.In all 3 cases, once the update was complete, the computer would not boot or reboot immediately after the update.Going into the BIOS...
  6. Windows 11 failed update killed my hard drive - new laptop now useless. Please help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 failed update killed my hard drive - new laptop now useless. Please help!: Hi, any help please, here's my problem in brief:In Update, saw I could download Windows 11 update.Followed all instructions, downloaded and installation began automatically.During a restart, got BIOS screen claiming there was no hard drive.Managed to get in to WinRE but all...
  7. New partition killed hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New partition killed hard drive: I'm trying to assist a lady via TeamViewer with her Win10 1909.18363.1082. The problem started after I generated a 529MB partition (D:) on her hard drive. It ran and completed as usual but after boot up a BIOS screen popped up (American Megatrends): "GPT header corruption has...
  8. The updated from Microsoft killed my hard drive, I'm Installing a new hard drive into my...

The updated from Microsoft killed my hard drive, I'm Installing a new hard drive into my...: The updated from Microsoft killed my hard drive last year (UGHH), I'm installing a new hard drive into my Samsung notebook 7 I got the Seagate 2TB. So now months later, I finally got a new hard drive. How do I install the factory settings for Samsung Notebook 7 and install...
  9. MY LAPTOP IS NOW USELESS AFTER UPDATE

MY LAPTOP IS NOW USELESS AFTER UPDATE: My laptop updated and today when I turned it on there is no Edge logo down the side and the task bar has gone. I cannot do anything with it. But I can log on to and watch Sky Go so I know there is nothing wrong with the laptop itself. The update has killed my laptop....
  10. Hard drive killed by Windows update

Hard drive killed by Windows update: I just my new Hp computer and the system was on auto update. It had a new Windows 10 update that was updating and this update basically killed my hard drive and I basically need a new one as told by the computer experts. I am so disappointed with you guys how can you have...