Windows 10: Windows 11 fails to impress Steam users

Discus and support Windows 11 fails to impress Steam users in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Yesterday we took a look at some comparative benchmarking tests on identical PCs with one running Windows 10 and the other running Windows 11. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Jan 3, 2023.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Windows 11 fails to impress Steam users

Yesterday we took a look at some comparative benchmarking tests on identical PCs with one running Windows 10 and the other running Windows 11. The results showed that there was not a significant performance upgrade attached to the newer operating system. Today, we are reporting on some more bad news for Windows 11, this time relating to gaming, although in the context of the results from yesterday’s benchmarking, it might not come as too much of a surprise.

Windows 11 fails to impress Steam users Windows-11-fails-to-impress-Steam-users.jpg

Windows 11 has failed to impress Steam users, according to the latest data from Valve's voluntary survey on the PC configurations of its customers. However, in fairness to Microsoft’s newest flagship operating system, the survey, which helps developers optimize their games and make informed decisions on technology investments, is optional and therefore does not represent all Steam users.

According to the data, in December 2022, Windows 11 had a market share of 28.42%, which marks an increase of 0.44% compared to November 2022. While this may seem like a positive growth, it is worth noting that Windows 10 64-bit remains the most dominant operating system used by gamers on Steam, with a market share of 65.42%, down just 0.18% from last month.

There are still Steam users gaming on older Windows operating systems too. Windows 7 64-bit, which is the third most popular Windows version on Steam, also saw a decline, with a market share of 1.66%, a decrease of 0.22%. Windows 8 64-bit and Windows 7 32-bit had market shares of 0.41% and 0.11% respectively.

Overall, Microsoft's family of Windows operating systems continues to dominate the Steam gaming market, with a market share of 96.15%, an increase of 0.04%. Apple's operating systems came in second place with a market share of 2.48%, an increase of 0.03%. Linux came in third with a market share of 1.38%, marking a decrease of 0.06% from the previous month.

It is clear that while Windows 11 may be seeing some growth in terms of market share, it is not impressing Steam users as much as its predecessor, Windows 10. This is reflected in the fact that Windows 10 remains the most dominant operating system on the platform, despite experiencing a slight decline, maintaining market domination numbers similar to those enjoyed by Google Chrome in the web browser market.

It will be interesting to see how Windows 11 performs in future surveys and whether it is able to close the gap on Windows 10. Until then, it seems that Steam users are sticking with what they know and trust, particularly when they are not likely to see any real type of improved performance if they make the switch to Windows 11.

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Windows 11 fails to impress Steam users appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Jan 3, 2023

2. are all steam games available on windows 11

okay so I am two steps away from upgrading to Windows 11 and I just want to make sure that all steam games run on windows 11. so is it a good idea to play steam games in windows 11 or should I wait for a few more weeks/months?

cookiscript, Jan 3, 2023
  3. Unwanted search bar on Microsoft Edge and Steam Browser

Hi Noah,

Thank you for posting in Community, we understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve the issue.

I would suggest that you clear the data of Edge and check if the issue persist. To do so follow the steps below:

• Navigate to the location:
    C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbw

• Delete everything in this folder.
    • Restart Microsoft Edge and check.
    With respect to issue that you are facing with Steam I would suggest that you contact the developer as we do not support third part application.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jan 3, 2023
  4. Windows 11 fails to impress Steam users

steam problem

Hi,

There are a lot of possible reasons why your steam game is not opening. One of which is having a corrupted game file. To resolve this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. This can help remove problems with an app from Windows Store. To do this, you may refer to the link below:

Click here

Step 2: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps and features.
    • Find the game and click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Step 3: Try to uninstall and reinstall the game.

If the issue persist, we highly recommend that you contact Steam support for additional troubleshooting steps.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Jan 3, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11 fails to impress Steam users

1. Windows 11 fails to impress Steam users - Similar Threads - fails impress Steam

2. Co-pilot Impresses

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Co-pilot Impresses: I decided to try a wee experiment with Co-pilot. The result honestly was quite impressive... Even 'sounds' as I actually would.Selecting "Compose", I submitted the following:Why it is so rewarding taking my Therapy Dog to visit at facilities or work at special events?This was...
  3. how do i install steam on a new laptop with win 11 so far i am not impressed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i install steam on a new laptop with win 11 so far i am not impressed: purchased a new laptop and so far i am not impressed with win11 I am trying to install steam on it and it will not even open the file to install...
  4. how do i install steam on a new laptop with win 11 so far i am not impressed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i install steam on a new laptop with win 11 so far i am not impressed: purchased a new laptop and so far i am not impressed with win11 I am trying to install steam on it and it will not even open the file to install...
  5. How to search for users on Steam

in Windows 10 News
    How to search for users on Steam: [ATTACH]Steam is a fantastic platform for both gaming and connecting with friends. In this guide, we show you how you can search for users on Steam. Steam has gained a lot of popularity among the gamers’ community not only for its gaming features but the features to add...
  6. Steam dll failed to load

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Steam dll failed to load: Hi, I have a problem with Steam that says after "extracting package" fatal error, failed to steamui.dll. I have tried many solutions, like updating all my drivers, system restoring, all commands for command prompt admin, deleting other files, contacting steam, restarting my...
  7. Windows 10 First Impressions?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 First Impressions?: Post your likes and dislikes here, you may include screenshots and post any troubles you've had with setting up. My experience so far, only problem I have had is installing my graphics driver (Nvidia 560GTX), I downloaded w8.1 driver and initiated the installation, it...
  8. impressed! but questions

in Windows 10 Support
    impressed! but questions: just downloaded the free upgrade from win 8.1 to 10, from install of losing the desktop to getting it back in win 10 only took 22 mins! I like edge browser but how do I get extensions? I read somewhere that they where compatible with chrome extensions however when I go...
  9. Windows 10 Impressions

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Impressions: FYI: I write long posts. If you want short posts, hang out over in Twitter Land. I am also using a touchscreen laptop and own a smartphone. I don't have a need for a tablet, personally. All in all I'm pleased with the direction of Windows 10. We have more optimization for...
  10. My First Impression

in Windows 10 Support
    My First Impression: NNOOOOO!!!!!!! Okay, that's the short answer. I get that a lot of people wanted a "start menu", but why take away the Start Screen and replace it with the box next to the menu ?? Granted, it didn't take me long to sort out how to add / remove tiles from it, but now I'm...