Windows 10: Windows 11: File Explorer cannot find my external DVD player no matter what USB port I use.

Discus and support Windows 11: File Explorer cannot find my external DVD player no matter what USB port I use. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have uninstalled and reinstalled in disk manager. Nothing shows up in File Explorer. Hidden items are selected to show in View. This is ridiculous. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LaurenR09, May 26, 2022.

1. LaurenR09 Win User

Windows 11: File Explorer cannot find my external DVD player no matter what USB port I use.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled in disk manager. Nothing shows up in File Explorer. Hidden items are selected to show in View. This is ridiculous. I can pub a regular thumb drive in the same USB port and it shows up immediately. The External DVD player does not. This just started happening all of the sudden. It worked just fine before today. Absolutely every single update has been applied and all software is up to date.

:)

LaurenR09, May 26, 2022

2. connecting an external CD and DVD player to a PC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

The things you need to have is: Audio and video cables, Sound- and video-capture drivers compatible with the laptop.

How to Connect a DVD Player to a Laptop

• Download and install DVD player software compatible with Windows laptops.
    • Connect a DVD player to an older laptop by installing a PC memory card with a connection port or a video-capture card with USB. Video cards with a USB cable merely plug into the USB port on a laptop (no special wiring or programming is required).
    • Improve audio and video quality by connecting an older laptop to an external DVD-ROM drive via a USB port on the computer as an alternative to connecting a full-size DVD player. External DVD drives are almost universally plug-and-play, meaning the drive
      only needs to be connected to the laptop to start working automatically.
    Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, May 26, 2022
  3. external dvd player

my external drive for a dvd player isn't working, why would Microsoft block a usb port..

darrylhicks1, May 26, 2022
  4. Windows 11: File Explorer cannot find my external DVD player no matter what USB port I use.

external dvd player not recognized by windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to external DVD player not being recognized by the PC. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below:

1. How are you connecting the external DVD player?
    2. What is the error message that you receive when you connect the DVD player?
    3. Have you tried connecting it to a different port?
    4. What is the make and model of the PC?
    5. Were you able to connect the DVD player previously to the PC?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try re-installing the Chipset drivers and see if that helps.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for ‘Run
    2. In Run dialog box, type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    3. Expand Universal Serial Bus Controller.
    4. Right click on the USB Root Hub and click on Uninstall.
    5. Now check the box Delete the driver software for this device.
    6. Click on Uninstall
    7. Restart the PC.

In addition, you can try downloading the chipset drivers from the manufacturer of the PC and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 26, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11: File Explorer cannot find my external DVD player no matter what USB port I use.

1. Windows 11: File Explorer cannot find my external DVD player no matter what USB port I use. - Similar Threads - File Explorer cannot

2. Windows 11: File Explorer cannot find my external DVD player no matter what USB port I use.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: File Explorer cannot find my external DVD player no matter what USB port I use.: I have uninstalled and reinstalled in disk manager. Nothing shows up in File Explorer. Hidden items are selected to show in View. This is ridiculous. I can pub a regular thumb drive in the same USB port and it shows up immediately. The External DVD player does not. This just...
  3. Cannot open ports no matter what.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot open ports no matter what.: I am simply trying to open port 21, or any port for that matter on COX cable. I was told by cox that since its business internet, they don't block any ports at all on their end. I set up a simple FTP server, set port 21 in the firewall and forwarded the ports on my linksys...
  4. Cannot open ports no matter what.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open ports no matter what.: I am simply trying to open port 21, or any port for that matter on COX cable. I was told by cox that since its business internet, they don't block any ports at all on their end. I set up a simple FTP server, set port 21 in the firewall and forwarded the ports on my linksys...
  5. Cannot open ports no matter what.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. MS Surface Book 3.0 USB port not recognizing my Rooful External DVD Player

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MS Surface Book 3.0 USB port not recognizing my Rooful External DVD Player: The DVD player was working but not after a Windows 10 update, Build is 20H2. I tried the Rooful suggested fixes but the instruction may be out of date. The response from the SB3 is "Unknown USB device description request failed Properties. WIndows has stopped this device...
  7. Using an external DVD player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Using an external DVD player: Can someone explain how to get this to show up when I connect it so I can watch dvds? Very simple terms please, I'm old and not techy! I have watched before, but can't figure it out today! Thanks!!...
  8. external dvd player

external dvd player: I want to watch dvd's by plugging in my dvd player into my windows 10 laptop. there is a hdmi cable coming from the dvd player-does it need to have a USB end to plug into my laptop? I have tried plugging in the existing cable that has an hdmi end but nothing happens...
  9. external dvd player

external dvd player: I have a Samsung blu ray dvd player iv'e hooked up to my laptop via HDMI and I cant find it on the comp and it wont play https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-dvd-player/a1ec73ac-4594-4faa-8f33-b94daeae1893
  10. external dvd player

external dvd player: my external drive for a dvd player isn't working, why would Microsoft block a usb port.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-dvd-player/00de94a9-ad51-4a91-8597-8cf18e2c7242