Windows 10: windows 11 file explorer does not search pdf content searches PDF titles and doc content

Discus and support windows 11 file explorer does not search pdf content searches PDF titles and doc content in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Computer is a few weeks old, recently upgraded from Windows 10 to 11. The file explorer search was working properly with Windows 10, and initially with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TimothyHuson, Feb 27, 2022.

1. windows 11 file explorer does not search pdf content searches PDF titles and doc content

Computer is a few weeks old, recently upgraded from Windows 10 to 11. The file explorer search was working properly with Windows 10, and initially with Windows 11.I have another computer with Windows 11 initially installed that does not have this problem.I have deleted and rebuilt the index many times. I have checked the appropriate file types and set the search for file content, both in the advanced options and in the search options of the file explorer. I created a local user, and that had no effect on the search. I am at a loss, and while there are threads on a similar topic, I don't find

:)

TimothyHuson, Feb 27, 2022

2. Searching in PDF?

Hey guys, I need to look up a large list of data from a PDF file, basically just to check if each entry of the list is in the pdf. Is there some way to do this without having to check one by one?

ebolamonkey3, Feb 27, 2022
  3. Tryx3 Win User
    Cannot search contents of pdf files using File explorer

The indexer is set up to search pdf file contents. There are no other apparent indexing or searching problems.

This looks just like the problem that existed in previous versions of Windows. Attempts at using new Adobe iFilters / jFilters or by running registry hacks were claimed by some to have fixed things but others reported no change.

The only wholely reliable solution at the time was running two searches

1 using Windows explorer in case the content was in a non-pdf file &

2 using Adobe Reader Advanced search function in case the content was in a pdf file.

Is this limitation affecting all Windows 10 installations or just mine?

Is there a well-tested solution other than just installing Adobe Reader & using its Advanced search function again?

Tryx3, Feb 27, 2022
  4. sam9 Win User

windows 11 file explorer does not search pdf content searches PDF titles and doc content

windows search not able to search content of pdf when search more

Windows search is not able to search the content of pdf files when searching more than 4 digit number. I have pdf files in a folder when I try to search a content eg 7349, it shows the files which are having this number but if I increase the digits to one more e.g 73495, the result is blank. I have already indexed these files. There is no problem if text files are searched. Please advise.

I am not searching in open files. I am searching the folder of pdf files.

Add_ It is a domain pc. Is it possible that it could be some policy.

Thema:

windows 11 file explorer does not search pdf content searches PDF titles and doc content

1. windows 11 file explorer does not search pdf content searches PDF titles and doc content - Similar Threads - file explorer does

2. File Explorer search does not work to search file contents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer search does not work to search file contents: File Explorer search does not work to search file contents.The folder is indexed and indexing completed successfully and shows the expected number of indexed files.I've got "Allow files in theis folder to have contents indexed in addition to file properties" checked in...
  3. File Explorer search does not work to search file contents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer search does not work to search file contents: File Explorer search does not work to search file contents.The folder is indexed and indexing completed successfully and shows the expected number of indexed files.I've got "Allow files in theis folder to have contents indexed in addition to file properties" checked in...
  4. File Explorer search does not work to search file contents

in Cortana
  5. windows 11 file explorer does not search pdf content searches PDF titles and doc content

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 file explorer does not search pdf content searches PDF titles and doc content: Computer is a few weeks old, recently upgraded from Windows 10 to 11. The file explorer search was working properly with Windows 10, and initially with Windows 11.I have another computer with Windows 11 initially installed that does not have this problem.I have deleted and...
  6. Search only searching contents in PDF files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search only searching contents in PDF files: Hello, lately when I use File Explorer to search the contents of my Word documents, the search is not yielding any results apart from PDF files. I have tried every fix and update I have seen in the community and it has not fixed the problem. I'm running Windows 10 and this...
  7. Windows Explorer - search file contents?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Explorer - search file contents?: I hate to point out something Mac does better, but... when I do a regular system search for a string, like "Events data updates every 2 mintues.\nSeconds since last" OS X will pull up every file with that exact string in its contents. When I try to search something like that...
  8. What happened to searching pdf contents in Windows Explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What happened to searching pdf contents in Windows Explorer?: For my job, I often have to search a folder full of large pdf files for a specific name. I used to just be able to type the name in the upper right search bar, and it would search the contents of the pdf's for that name/word, and show the pdf's that contained it. Now, when...
  9. How is it possible that Windows 10 will not search the contents of PDF files?

in Cortana
    How is it possible that Windows 10 will not search the contents of PDF files?: Hey Microsoft, there is a file format called PDF. You may have heard of it. They say it may actually catch on. Why does a File Explorer search not search the contents of those files by default? No, really, I can handle it. I use Foxit PDF, and it has an iFilter. It was all...
  10. windows search not able to search content of pdf when search more

in Windows 10 Support
    windows search not able to search content of pdf when search more: Windows search is not able to search the content of pdf files when searching more than 4 digit number. I have pdf files in a folder when I try to search a content eg 7349, it shows the files which are having this number but if I increase the digits to one more e.g 73495, the...