Windows 10: Windows 11 File Explorer functionality

Discus and support Windows 11 File Explorer functionality in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am very disappointed with the lack of functionality with File Explorer with the new Windows 11. I use File Explorer for the purpose of exploring and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by suecity, Nov 14, 2021.

1. suecity Win User

Windows 11 File Explorer functionality

I am very disappointed with the lack of functionality with File Explorer with the new Windows 11. I use File Explorer for the purpose of exploring and sorting of files and folders and this is now no where as functional as for Window10 or earlier versions. I hope you reconsider your removal of the essential features. For this reason alone I will not be upgrading my desktop - I upgraded my laptop to 'test' and so far, not so good.

:)

suecity, Nov 14, 2021
  2. Geethu B Win User

unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11

Hi Cristy,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you are unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Internet Explorer settings.

• Some browser add-ons.
    Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to disable add-ons and check if it helps.

Manage add-ons in Internet Explorer 11

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to reset Internet Explorer settings and check if it helps.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

Disclaimer: Reset Internet Explorer to its default configuration. This step will also disable any add-ons, plug-ins, or toolbars that are installed. Although this solution is quick, it also means that, if you want to use any of those add-ons
    in the future, they must be reinstalled.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Nov 14, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 14, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

Internet Explorer 11 not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Explorer.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

Internet Explorer help

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arul_D, Nov 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 11 File Explorer functionality - Similar Threads - File Explorer functionality

2. File Explorer function change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer function change: I frequently copy items from one folder by dragging into the folder address window. If I want to move something to the previous level of folder, I don't have to open another folder but just drag and drop from the folder I'm currently in. This action now gives me a "stop sign"...
  3. File Explorer function change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer function change: I frequently copy items from one folder by dragging into the folder address window. If I want to move something to the previous level of folder, I don't have to open another folder but just drag and drop from the folder I'm currently in. This action now gives me a "stop sign"...
  4. Ctrl-N function not working on File Explorer - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl-N function not working on File Explorer - Windows 11: One of the function key shortcuts I use the most is the Ctrl-N while File Explorer is open. That would open a new instance and easily allow me to drag files from one location to another between windows. Since using Windows 11 this Ctrl function works sporadically. Some times...
  5. Ctrl-N function not working on File Explorer - Windows 11

Ctrl-N function not working on File Explorer - Windows 11: One of the function key shortcuts I use the most is the Ctrl-N while File Explorer is open. That would open a new instance and easily allow me to drag files from one location to another between windows. Since using Windows 11 this Ctrl function works sporadically. Some times...
  6. "Search again in" function missing in File Explorer in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Search again in" function missing in File Explorer in Windows 11: Where is the "Search again in" function in File Explorer in Windows 11? It's there in Windows 10 when I want to run the same search again in a different folder. Thanks....
  7. "Search again in" function missing in File Explorer in Windows 11

"Search again in" function missing in File Explorer in Windows 11: Where is the "Search again in" function in File Explorer in Windows 11? It's there in Windows 10 when I want to run the same search again in a different folder. Thanks....
  8. Windows 11 File Explorer functionality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 File Explorer functionality: I am very disappointed with the lack of functionality with File Explorer with the new Windows 11. I use File Explorer for the purpose of exploring and sorting of files and folders and this is now no where as functional as for Window10 or earlier versions. I hope you...
  9. File explorer function not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer function not working: Customer called today about not being able to save attachments from Outlook 2016. Pop up on save saying cannot save. So updated OS to latest build 20h2, updated office 365 and checked updated drivers etc. Still issue. Tried saveas function in word and excel, browse does not...
  10. Windows Explorer not functioning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer not functioning: How can I repair my windows explorer? I recently installed latest version of Windows but not the windows explorer file explorer does not work. When i open it and click on a file, it just shows the little sand timer thingy and that goes on forever, until i have to close...