Windows 10: Windows 11 File Explorer in 2023: more Microsoft 365, touch and previews

Discus and support Windows 11 File Explorer in 2023: more Microsoft 365, touch and previews in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft released the first significant File Explorer with the first Moments update for Windows 11. It introduced support for tabs, which allows users... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Jan 25, 2023.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Windows 11 File Explorer in 2023: more Microsoft 365, touch and previews

Microsoft released the first significant File Explorer with the first Moments update for Windows 11. It introduced support for tabs, which allows users to open multiple locations in a single File Explorer instance.

A report by Windows Central suggests that Microsoft is working on additional changes to the default file manager of its Windows 11 operating system. The site claims that it obtained several internal File Explorer mockups that show an updated version of the app.

Windows 11 File Explorer in 2023: more Microsoft 365, touch and previews windows-file-explorer-tabs.png
    Current File Explorer interface

One mockup posted by the site shows a redesigned Home screen of File Explorer. It features thumbnail previews of recommended files in Home, swapped toolbars that place the navigation and search features in the main toolbar and controls like copy and paste in the main pane, and light adjustments to highlights and buttons.

Integration of OneDrive and Microsoft 365 content appears to be one focus of development. Apart from the option to display cloud hosted files under the recommended section in File Explorer's home, it is the details pane that is providing additional integration.

Windows Central notes that Microsoft 365 users may access email threads and comments about files in File Explorer's details pane and when sharing files. It is a collaborative feature that pulls the information from the cloud to display it in File Explorer directly.

The leaked Gallery feature is also integrated in the File Explorer update. It is a special location in File Explorer that improves the handling of images. One of Gallery's main features appears to be a preview option. Hovering the mouse over an image in Gallery displays a larger version of it on the screen.

Touch accessibility is another area that Microsoft wants to improve, according to the report. Tagging support may also be integrated at one point, but everything is still in development.

The new File Explorer could be released before the end of 2023, according to Windows Central. It could launch as part of a Moments update, of which Microsoft plans several in 2023.

Closing words

Development is ongoing, and some features may change or be removed entirely before the final release. It is certain, however, that Microsoft will continue to push its cloud services into the Windows 11 operating system. It may be convenient for users who use these actively, but for Microsoft, it is also a source of revenue.

Windows 11 may already warn users if their cloud storage quota is low, and deeper integration of cloud content pushes the company's cloud offerings even more.

Public previews of the updated File Explorer experience will likely become available later in 2023.

Now You: what would you like to see in File Explorer?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Windows 11 File Explorer in 2023: more Microsoft 365, touch and previews appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Jan 25, 2023

2. Preview in File Explorer with Edge

Hello, Babak38.

To do this follow the steps below.

• Press WINDOWS + i on your keyboard
    • Click on "APPS" then click on Default apps
    • Click on Microsoft Edge browser
    • Then in the "PDF" option you choose which default browser you want to open files in PDF format.

Patrick Henrique., Jan 25, 2023
  3. Brink Win User
    Microsoft Edge update will disable Internet Explorer February 14, 2023

Read more:

Brink, Jan 25, 2023
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

"This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Jan 25, 2023
Thema:

1. Windows 11 File Explorer in 2023: more Microsoft 365, touch and previews - Similar Threads - File Explorer 2023

2. Can't Preview Audio in File Explorer in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Preview Audio in File Explorer in Windows 11: I bought a new Lenovo Laptop - Windows 11 - And finally got it all set up - In ALL OTHER VERSIONS of Windows that I have ever used - And I have Windows 10 on another computer and it works as normal - You were able to preview an audio file - MP3 or what have you on the side...
  3. Can't Preview Audio in File Explorer in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Preview Audio in File Explorer in Windows 11: I bought a new Lenovo Laptop - Windows 11 - And finally got it all set up - In ALL OTHER VERSIONS of Windows that I have ever used - And I have Windows 10 on another computer and it works as normal - You were able to preview an audio file - MP3 or what have you on the side...
  4. Windows 11 Insider Preview - File Explorer Crashes

Windows 11 Insider Preview - File Explorer Crashes: My OSEdition Windows 11 Home Insider Preview Version 22H2 Installed on ‎4/‎23/‎2023 OS build 25346.1001 Serial number MJ0BKA99 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.25346.1001.0 The SymptomFile Explorer Crashes every time I open it.It shows "Working on it" briefly...
  5. Windows 11 file explorer does not preview .csv files

Windows 11 file explorer does not preview .csv files: As mentioned above, I have opened the preview pane but for whatever reason it will not show a preview of .csv files, instead saying just "no preview available"I have searched online and only found solutions for old windows versions or for similar problems in other windows...
  6. Windows 11 file explorer does not preview .csv files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 file explorer does not preview .csv files: As mentioned above, I have opened the preview pane but for whatever reason it will not show a preview of .csv files, instead saying just "no preview available"I have searched online and only found solutions for old windows versions or for similar problems in other windows...
  7. Preview in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Preview in File Explorer: Recently the preview function on File explorer stopped working for my PDF files. I have Bluebeam set up as my Default PDF viewer, I tried changing it to the Microsoft Viewer but that did not allow a Preview either. I need to preview files! Help...
  8. Explorer File Preview

in Windows 10 Customization
    Explorer File Preview: Explorer preview not working. Have searched internet on possible fixes. Windows 10 Pro OS build 19041.450 Explorer->General->Open File Explorer set to this PC Explorer->View->Files and Folders->Show preview handlers in preview pane checked. Registry setting added....
  9. Is it possible to preview a file in file explorer when using Adobe Touch

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it possible to preview a file in file explorer when using Adobe Touch: I have Adobe touch downloaded from the windows app store on my lap top. I have done searches to find a way to be able to preview pdf files in file explorer and I find lots that explain how to do this with DC. Is there anyway to make this function available with the Adobe...
  10. No file preview in the preview pane and file explore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No file preview in the preview pane and file explore: This is an ongoing, intermittent problem. For no apparent reason, my documents well stop being previewed in the previewed pain of file Explorer. Today, Word docs are previewing, but it takes a long time for them to appear. PDF docs are not previewing at all. Yesterday,...