Windows 10: Windows 11 file explorer is simply unusable

Discus and support Windows 11 file explorer is simply unusable in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just tried to move files in win 11 . After some unsuccessful efforts I gave up .As long as they want to change things for no reason I will not buy it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RAC4433, May 15, 2022.

1. RAC4433 Win User

Windows 11 file explorer is simply unusable

Just tried to move files in win 11 . After some unsuccessful efforts I gave up .As long as they want to change things for no reason I will not buy it .This file explorer is simply horrible and unusable . Everything buried and hidden , no way will I even try to use such a thing . It’s worthless !

:)

RAC4433, May 15, 2022
  2. denmarfl Win User

Internet Explorer 11; Windows 10....Stopped Working

IE11; Windows 10. For the past 2 weeks when I open IE11 I get Internet Explorer has Stopped working POPUP message rendering IE 11 unusable.

I have followed suggested Fixes by "Resetting" IE11; Use Software Rendering...is NOT checked. I have tried to use "System Restore" and go back to a Restore Point prior to 2 weeks but, I get unable to restore to xx/xx/xxxx because the process cannot file iexplorer.exe.

I have tried several Restore Points...get this same result.

I cannot fine the Internet 11 Install Update to delete it as it is not in the list History\Installed Updates.

Surely there must be away to fix IE 11...I have run out of things to do...suggestions with steps will be appreciated.

denmarfl, May 15, 2022
  3. Geethu B Win User
    unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11

Hi Cristy,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you are unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Internet Explorer settings.

• Some browser add-ons.
    Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to disable add-ons and check if it helps.

Manage add-ons in Internet Explorer 11

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to reset Internet Explorer settings and check if it helps.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

Disclaimer: Reset Internet Explorer to its default configuration. This step will also disable any add-ons, plug-ins, or toolbars that are installed. Although this solution is quick, it also means that, if you want to use any of those add-ons
    in the future, they must be reinstalled.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, May 15, 2022
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 15, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 11 file explorer is simply unusable - Similar Threads - file explorer simply

2. Windows 11 simply won't install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 simply won't install: Hello, all.I tried looking up the solution to this in as many sources as possible but wasn't successful. The thing is, I've been trying to upgrade my laptop to Windows 11 from Windows 10 I got the alert the laptop was Windows 11 ready almost a year ago and every time I try to...
  3. Windows 11 simply won't install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 simply won't install: Hello, all.I tried looking up the solution to this in as many sources as possible but wasn't successful. The thing is, I've been trying to upgrade my laptop to Windows 11 from Windows 10 I got the alert the laptop was Windows 11 ready almost a year ago and every time I try to...
  4. Windows 11 file explorer is simply unusable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 file explorer is simply unusable: Just tried to move files in win 11 . After some unsuccessful efforts I gave up .As long as they want to change things for no reason I will not buy it .This file explorer is simply horrible and unusable . Everything buried and hidden , no way will I even try to use such a...
  5. Windows Explorer is extremely slow and unusable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Explorer is extremely slow and unusable: I've been having this issue on my work PC for the last day. My windows explorer suddenly started to run slow and be completely unusable . I have tried numerous things that I have found online and still no luck. I even restored my PC using a restore point of yesterday morning...
  6. Windows 10 File Explorer Unusable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 File Explorer Unusable: With the last few Windows 10 updates the file explorer has gone from irritating to use to now almost unusable. It is severely broken. There are so many issues it would be hard to list them all....
  7. Changing the size of the font in Windows 10 File Explorer-SOLVED! Elegantly, Simply

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing the size of the font in Windows 10 File Explorer-SOLVED! Elegantly, Simply: FINALLY! I found the simplest and most elegant way to actually change the size of the font in Windows File Explorer in Windows 10. Use the following ( you may need to copy and paste the link into your browser) Click here, and then scroll down to the bottom to see the...
  8. How to change the size of Windows File Explorer in Windows 10-SOLVED, simply, elegantly

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change the size of Windows File Explorer in Windows 10-SOLVED, simply, elegantly: FINALLY! I found the simplest and most elegant way to actually change the size of the font in Windows File Explorer in Windows 10. Use the following ( you may need to copy and paste the link into your browser) Click here, and then scroll down to the bottom to see the...
  9. Windows Explorer has become unusable.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer has become unusable.: I am almost unable to make any use of Windows Explorer, because the size of its text and icons has shrunk to such minute proportions it cannot be read, even when using a magnifier. It is not about text size in Settings, text is unreadable however large it is 'set.' I do...
  10. Unused File Extension

in Windows 10 Support
    Unused File Extension: Once in a while I run CCleaner. When running Registry cleaner I encounter several "Unused File Extensions" entries. What app create these entries and why? thanks for any answer. 98230