Windows 10: Windows 11 file explorer is slow and lag

Discus and support Windows 11 file explorer is slow and lag in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows 11 HomeCompilação do SO - 22000.282 Windows 11 file explorer is slow and lag. When using the up and down arrows it goes very slow compared to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by joaocarlospp1997, Oct 27, 2021.

1. Windows 11 file explorer is slow and lag

Windows 11 HomeCompilação do SO - 22000.282 Windows 11 file explorer is slow and lag. When using the up and down arrows it goes very slow compared to windows 10 which is super fast. It is also slow when opening folders as well as selecting either with the mouse or with shift + arrows.

:)

joaocarlospp1997, Oct 27, 2021
  2. Geethu B Win User

unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11

Hi Cristy,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you are unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Internet Explorer settings.

• Some browser add-ons.
    Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to disable add-ons and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/manage-add-ons#ie=ie-11

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to reset Internet Explorer settings and check if it helps.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

Disclaimer: Reset Internet Explorer to its default configuration. This step will also disable any add-ons, plug-ins, or toolbars that are installed. Although this solution is quick, it also means that, if you want to use any of those add-ons
    in the future, they must be reinstalled.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Oct 27, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2021
  4. Windows 11 file explorer is slow and lag

File explorer slow/Never loading solution

I would have never thought of this -
    This DOES stop the lag with explorer, and does not seem to have any adverse effect on anything that I normally use.
    Thank you for solving the problem... AND sharing the solution with us

davidw1957, Oct 27, 2021
Thema:

Windows 11 file explorer is slow and lag

1. Windows 11 file explorer is slow and lag - Similar Threads - file explorer slow

2. Windows 11 file explorer lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 file explorer lag: Hi allHas anyone noticed if Microsoft has sorted out the lag when navigating file explorer in Windows 11? I'm currently using an HP Probook 450 G8 i3 11th gen with SSD, and when I upraded the laptop to Windows 11, I noticed an incredible amount of lag when navigating through...
  3. Windows 11 file explorer lag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 file explorer lag: Hi allHas anyone noticed if Microsoft has sorted out the lag when navigating file explorer in Windows 11? I'm currently using an HP Probook 450 G8 i3 11th gen with SSD, and when I upraded the laptop to Windows 11, I noticed an incredible amount of lag when navigating through...
  4. Initial lagging on File Explorer on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Initial lagging on File Explorer on Windows 11: Ever since I upgraded to Windows 11, the file explorer opens really slow. I fixed the right menu by setting initially opening the file explorer to This PC instead of Quick Access. But the left menu is still laggy. Takes a good couple of seconds to load everything including...
  5. Windows 11 file explorer is slow, lagging, hangs!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 file explorer is slow, lagging, hangs!: Hi,I have a very strong PC with Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe, Intel i7-9700K, 32GB Memory and ASUS ROG Strix Z390-H Gaming.When my PC was on Windows 10 there was no problem with File Explorer but after upgrading to Windows 11 I am facing a problem with file explorer slow,...
  6. Windows 11 file explorer is slow, lagging, hangs!

Windows 11 file explorer is slow, lagging, hangs!: Hi,I have a very strong PC with Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe, Intel i7-9700K, 32GB Memory and ASUS ROG Strix Z390-H Gaming.When my PC was on Windows 10 there was no problem with File Explorer but after upgrading to Windows 11 I am facing a problem with file explorer slow,...
  7. Windows 11 / OneDrive File Explorer Lag

Windows 11 / OneDrive File Explorer Lag: What on earth has Microsoft done with Windows 11 / OneDrive? It is borderline unusable with the amount of lag in basic explorer operations, right clicking, navigating etc. Initially I did an upgrade, so I did a clean install and the problems still persist. According to...
  8. Windows 11 file explorer is slow and lag

Windows 11 file explorer is slow and lag: Windows 11 HomeCompilação do SO - 22000.282 Windows 11 file explorer is slow and lag. When using the up and down arrows it goes very slow compared to windows 10 which is super fast. It is also slow when opening folders as well as selecting either with the mouse or with shift...
  9. Windows 11 - File explorer lags

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - File explorer lags: This has been happening since I installed the beta. Submitted feedback as well. I have tried all the normal troubleshooting for a lagging file explorer. Quick access is disabled and SFC reports no issues.When navigating folders file explorer with lag and there is a brief hang...
  10. Windows 11 - File explorer lags

Windows 11 - File explorer lags: This has been happening since I installed the beta. Submitted feedback as well. I have tried all the normal troubleshooting for a lagging file explorer. Quick access is disabled and SFC reports no issues.When navigating folders file explorer with lag and there is a brief hang...