Windows 10: Windows 11 File Explorer: "Please sign in" dead end

Discus and support Windows 11 File Explorer: "Please sign in" dead end in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; File Explorer on Windows 11 stopped showing my Quick Access "Home" favorites and I noticed a a small "Please sign in" message in top right. However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Geek#For#Life, Nov 17, 2023.

1. Windows 11 File Explorer: "Please sign in" dead end

File Explorer on Windows 11 stopped showing my Quick Access "Home" favorites and I noticed a a small "Please sign in" message in top right. However, when I click on it, I am asked to sign in, which I do with 2FA. It seems to accept my credentials b/c it subsequently asks for 2FA code. When I enter that I get a pop-up saying "Just a moment..." with the circling dots for 4 minutes. The pop-up just closes, no error, and the "Please sign in" message remains&n

:)

Geek#For#Life, Nov 17, 2023
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 17, 2023
  3. wren9x Win User
    Windows 10 file explorer not responding

following ALL of the above steps did nothing. explorer.exe still broken.

additional steps taken:

1x system refresh, explorer still dead

1x clean boot, explorer still dead

3x sfc /scannow, rebooted in between, explorer still dead

1x restore point, all programs uninstalled, explorer worked for 4 hours, then died.

1x reset, explorer still never opened

1x reverted back to 8.1, explorer woked, autoupdated to 10, explorer died

1x COMPLETE WIPE, reinstalled 8.1, autoupdated to 10, explorer died.

wiping again. reeinstalling 8.1. turning off updates for good.

amazing this CRITICAL issue exists at all.

wren9x, Nov 17, 2023
  4. Windows 11 File Explorer: "Please sign in" dead end

Windows 10 File Explorer crashes strangely when resized

Hi,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

This might be a temporary issue on your computer.

I suggest you to sign-in out from the current user account, restart the computer, sign-in and check if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step : Run System Maintenance Troubleshooter

System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

Follow the steps given below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search box from the desktop.

• Select the Troubleshooting option.

• Select View All option and select the
      System Maintenance

• Click on Next to perform the System Maintenance troubleshooter and follow the steps.

Step 2: End the Windows Explorer process and create the new one.

• Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc, under Process
      tab, search for Windows Explorer.
    • Right click on it and click on End task.
    • Click on File in the Task Manager
      at top left corner of the window and select Run new task.
    • Type explorer.exe and click on Ok.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of accessing File Explorer for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 17, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11 File Explorer: "Please sign in" dead end

1. Windows 11 File Explorer: "Please sign in" dead end - Similar Threads - File Explorer Please

2. Windows 11 File Explorer: "Please sign in" dead end

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 File Explorer: "Please sign in" dead end: File Explorer on Windows 11 stopped showing my Quick Access "Home" favorites and I noticed a a small "Please sign in" message in top right. However, when I click on it, I am asked to sign in, which I do with 2FA. It seems to accept my credentials b/c it subsequently asks for...
  3. "Please sign in" on file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Please sign in" on file explorer: On files explorer, I see "Please sign in" and when i click on it, it is my friend's account, not mine account. I wonder if I do click on it, can my friends access my private desktop files, games, research reports, or is it just one drive files? Please respond....
  4. "Please sign in" on file explorer

"Please sign in" on file explorer: On files explorer, I see "Please sign in" and when i click on it, it is my friend's account, not mine account. I wonder if I do click on it, can my friends access my private desktop files, games, research reports, or is it just one drive files? Please respond....
  5. Can't sign into file explorer windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign into file explorer windows 11.: The account which held the license for microsoft office is an old college account which no longer exists, when i attempt to login to file explorer, it wants me to use this email, and does not allow me to use my personal microsoft account. When I try to sign in, I get this...
  6. Can't sign into file explorer windows 11.

Can't sign into file explorer windows 11.: The account which held the license for microsoft office is an old college account which no longer exists, when i attempt to login to file explorer, it wants me to use this email, and does not allow me to use my personal microsoft account. When I try to sign in, I get this...
  7. Accidentally ended file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally ended file explorer: Hey so I accidentally ended file explorer and had shut off my laptop. Once I booted it back up I’m presented by a black screen a loading icon and the HP logo. After 5 seconds the HP icon goes away and so does the loading icon. I don’t know what to do, I’ve followed...
  8. Accidentally ended file explorer

Accidentally ended file explorer: Hey so I accidentally ended file explorer and had shut off my laptop. Once I booted it back up I’m presented by a black screen a loading icon and the HP logo. After 5 seconds the HP icon goes away and so does the loading icon. I don’t know what to do, I’ve followed...
  9. Remove Windows 11 File Explorer "! Please sign in"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Windows 11 File Explorer "! Please sign in": HiI want to remove the "! Please sign in" in file explorer. I can think of no reason why I should sign in.I have uninstalled OneDrive and it still persists.Why does Microsoft need to need to spy on me and how do I prevent it.thanksjc...
  10. Remove Windows 11 File Explorer "! Please sign in"

Remove Windows 11 File Explorer "! Please sign in": HiI want to remove the "! Please sign in" in file explorer. I can think of no reason why I should sign in.I have uninstalled OneDrive and it still persists.Why does Microsoft need to need to spy on me and how do I prevent it.thanksjc...