Windows 10: Windows 11 - File Explorer - Problems with Naming/Renaming Folders

Discus and support Windows 11 - File Explorer - Problems with Naming/Renaming Folders in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have recently moved to Windows 11 on "multiple" PCs/Laptops including a brand new Dell Desktop which I just setup a day ago. I am having a common... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LAH_SE, May 15, 2022.

1. LAH_SE Win User

Windows 11 - File Explorer - Problems with Naming/Renaming Folders

I have recently moved to Windows 11 on "multiple" PCs/Laptops including a brand new Dell Desktop which I just setup a day ago. I am having a common problem across all these PCs/Laptops which are different brands including Lenovo & Dell, are of different ages, and some are upgrades from Windows 10 and some NEW Windows 11 installations. The problem: When I go to "Name" a new folder or "Rename" an existing folder, during the process of my typing the new name or rename and before I complete the typing, the folder name closes and reverts back to the "New Folder" name or it closes replaci

:)

LAH_SE, May 15, 2022
  2. kevvyb Win User

Errors on creating, renaming, deleting folders in explorer

Thanks for that will get on it.

In meantime, the folder name, rename, delete issues and related error messages in part is just because windows explorer has suddenly started requiring a refresh for each step to show the new folder for renaming, then again after it has been renamed etc. So I have to keep hitting F5 for every step in the process including the moving of files from one folder to another. Is there a solution to that? That would be part of the probelm solved and I can then see if there are any remaining problems.

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Tha bit has been solved by a restart of explorer. I will watch for any remaining issues and folow dalchina's advice should they still be present.

kevvyb, May 15, 2022
  3. Win10 File Explorer will not allow naming a new folder

Just downloaded Windows 10. In File Explorer I tried to create a new folder, but could not enter a name. The box closed and reverted to New Folder. Tried Rename, but box closed after entering first letter. Also in list of folders, keeps auto scrolling to
    top.

Edit:

Link:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...t-rename/3d93fe8a-6041-4d2b-97a0-8fd7cc4f1a2d

Title:

File Explorer will not rename

Just downloaded Windows 10. In File Explorer I tried to create a new folder, but could not enter a name. The box closed and reverted to New Folder. Tried Rename, but box closed after entering first letter.
    Also in list of folders, keeps auto scrolling to top.

No color problems, so do not understand first reply.

AngusScully, May 15, 2022
  4. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Windows 11 - File Explorer - Problems with Naming/Renaming Folders wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

Thema:

1. Windows 11 - File Explorer - Problems with Naming/Renaming Folders - Similar Threads - File Explorer Problems

2. renaming a folder in the file explorer folder list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    renaming a folder in the file explorer folder list: I have the same issue as one shown beforeIn W11 File explorer, when I select a folder in the list on the left and right click and select the More Options and click on Rename, the highlighted folder to be renamed, does one of two things, it either 1 - jumps to another folder,...
  3. Problem renaming folders in Windows Explorer

Problem renaming folders in Windows Explorer: I am using Windows File Explorer, Windows 10 Pro on a PC. I am trying to add a new sub-folder to an existing folder. As I type the sub-folder name it exits, leaving only one or 2 characters of the name. If I try to rename, the legacy text flashes blue so I can't overtype it....
  4. Problem renaming folders in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem renaming folders in Windows Explorer: I am using Windows File Explorer, Windows 10 Pro on a PC. I am trying to add a new sub-folder to an existing folder. As I type the sub-folder name it exits, leaving only one or 2 characters of the name. If I try to rename, the legacy text flashes blue so I can't overtype it....
  5. Problem renaming folders in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. cant name or rename folders or files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant name or rename folders or files: hi ,whenever i create a new folder it just creates as "new folder" then when i try to rename it ,i press rename and it doesn't do noting not even a error message also when i try SHIFT = LEFT CLICK on it ,it doesnt do noting. also i cant rename all my other files please...
  7. cant name or rename folders or files

cant name or rename folders or files: hi ,whenever i create a new folder it just creates as "new folder" then when i try to rename it ,i press rename and it doesn't do noting not even a error message also when i try SHIFT = LEFT CLICK on it ,it doesnt do noting. also i cant rename all my other files please...
  8. Windows 11 - File Explorer - Problems with Naming/Renaming Folders

Windows 11 - File Explorer - Problems with Naming/Renaming Folders: I have recently moved to Windows 11 on "multiple" PCs/Laptops including a brand new Dell Desktop which I just setup a day ago. I am having a common problem across all these PCs/Laptops which are different brands including Lenovo & Dell, are of different ages, and some are...
  9. Windows 11 - File Explorer - Problems with Naming/Renaming Folders

Windows 11 - File Explorer - Problems with Naming/Renaming Folders: I have recently moved to Windows 11 on "multiple" PCs/Laptops including a brand new Dell Desktop which I just setup a day ago. I am having a common problem across all these PCs/Laptops which are different brands including Lenovo & Dell, are of different ages, and some are...
  10. Can't name or rename folders in File Explorer Windows 10

Can't name or rename folders in File Explorer Windows 10: I can create new folders but I can't name them. Pls help. Using Microsoft 365 and One Drive. However same issue occurs in File Explorer outside of OneDrive. Have reviewed past discussion on the topic, what is the latest advice. Thanks Andrew...