Windows 10: Windows 11 File Explorer Search function does not display any results

Discus and support Windows 11 File Explorer Search function does not display any results in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am using a Windows 11 Pro OS on a new Dell XPS 13 laptop. The Windows 11 Search function in File Explorer does not work. I enter a search term and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Erin1616, Apr 4, 2022.

1. Erin1616 Win User

Windows 11 File Explorer Search function does not display any results

I am using a Windows 11 Pro OS on a new Dell XPS 13 laptop. The Windows 11 Search function in File Explorer does not work. I enter a search term and it ALWAYS returns a 'no file found' response. I can literally cut and paste a file that is visible in the folder and enter that into the Search bar function on the upper right and will ALWAYS get back a 'no file found' result. Windows 11 has had its problems for me and this one is - so far - the worst as far as functionality. Don't send complex responses that involve reloading the entire system please. If that's what this is going to requir

:)

Erin1616, Apr 4, 2022

2. No Instant Search Result in File Explorer

When searching in file explore search results are displayed right below the search bar in a list, but only when you hit Enter, the complete result is displayed.

How do i restore it so i have Instant Search Results.

Verson: 1909

OS Build: 18363.535

NigelsNutInLaw, Apr 4, 2022
  3. windows explorer search won't show any results

Windows explorer search won't show any results. I've tried the 10 step method listed in the web search. no luck.

Jim Ampulski, Apr 4, 2022
  4. Windows 11 File Explorer Search function does not display any results

Search Function on File Explorer is not Working

Hi,

In response to your questions:

1. Did you make any changes to your PC prior to this issue?

Not that I am aware of.

2. Can you type in the search bar when you do not click on the Start button?

The search button on the task bar works - it is the search box on file explorer that is not functioning

Windows 11 File Explorer Search function does not display any results c2c1fe5f-5306-4cb2-9dc7-b2a07fe3713b.png

3. What troubleshooting steps have to tried to fix the issue?

Confirmed file explorer options are set to default

Indexing Options - the only exclusion is against OS(CWindows 11 File Explorer Search function does not display any results :) and that is Data; AppData; AppData

4. Does the issue occur when you are performing or running certain specific in the background?

The issue occurs even when only 1 File Explorer Window is open and task manager is not showing other programs running.

Re Method One - the search box in the control panel does not work. I opened via viewing as icons

and used both the default Files don't appear in search results and Search Function on File Explorer is not working as both a user and an administrator which led to explore additonal information which led to this website.

Re Method Two - response was

• Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

Windows Updates show the device is up to date.

Previously, as I typed into the search box, it would start searching at the first keystroke and now nothing.

Any more help will be appreciated.

Dragonfly171, Apr 4, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 File Explorer Search function does not display any results

1. Windows 11 File Explorer Search function does not display any results - Similar Threads - File Explorer Search

2. "Search again in" function missing in File Explorer in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Search again in" function missing in File Explorer in Windows 11: Where is the "Search again in" function in File Explorer in Windows 11? It's there in Windows 10 when I want to run the same search again in a different folder. Thanks....
  3. "Search again in" function missing in File Explorer in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Search again in" function missing in File Explorer in Windows 11: Where is the "Search again in" function in File Explorer in Windows 11? It's there in Windows 10 when I want to run the same search again in a different folder. Thanks....
  4. Windows 11 File Explorer Search function does not display any results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 File Explorer Search function does not display any results: I am using a Windows 11 Pro OS on a new Dell XPS 13 laptop. The Windows 11 Search function in File Explorer does not work. I enter a search term and it ALWAYS returns a 'no file found' response. I can literally cut and paste a file that is visible in the folder and enter that...
  5. Search Function in Windows 10 File Explorer Does Not Work

in Cortana
    Search Function in Windows 10 File Explorer Does Not Work: I get zero results from any search done directly in the search box in Windows file explorer. If instead I use the search box on the task bar to search for documents, that action copies the search into the search box in file explorer. The search then begins, but because it is...
  6. File explorer search results in a dropdown window

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer search results in a dropdown window: Hello, I am encountering problems with the file search feature after the latest update, from the update it changed the file search from showing me the results in picture form into a dropdown box by the search bar. (https://imgur.com/a/NpMSCB1 This is the dropdown box) Its...
  7. windows explorer search won't show any results

in Cortana
    windows explorer search won't show any results: Windows explorer search won't show any results. I've tried the 10 step method listed in the web search. no luck. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-search-wont-show-any-results/efa2a09c-efbd-48bb-a0d7-df4f30f000f4
  8. No Instant Search Result in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Instant Search Result in File Explorer: When searching in file explore search results are displayed right below the search bar in a list, but only when you hit Enter, the complete result is displayed. How do i restore it so i have Instant Search Results. Verson: 1909 OS Build: 18363.535...
  9. Search does not display any results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search does not display any results: The title says everything. I rebuilt the index, moved it to another disk, rebuilt again without any result: no results in the search window. Cortana is off and web searching is off. Even if web searching is on, there are no search results in the window. This has never...
  10. File Explorer Search: Results not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Search: Results not opening: When I use File Explorer Search in my user folders, the results appear to have lost their association and do not open when I click them. Before search: [img] After search for "Get" [img] Note the icons have gone, the folder is not listed. Clicking the file does...