Windows 10: Windows 11 File Explorer Takes Forever to Load

Discus and support Windows 11 File Explorer Takes Forever to Load in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Ever since I updated to Windows 11, file explorer takes FOREVER to load and when it does right click doesn't work at all inside of it. Everything else... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by HairyLegend, Oct 15, 2021.

1. Windows 11 File Explorer Takes Forever to Load

Ever since I updated to Windows 11, file explorer takes FOREVER to load and when it does right click doesn't work at all inside of it. Everything else in Windows 11 is completely fine except the file explorer. Any suggestions?

:)

HairyLegend, Oct 15, 2021
  2. Jan Del Win User

Internet Explorer 11 & Edge - flash player will not load

If you already tried the steps provided by Jomel_Santos, we suggest to reset the Internet Explorer 11 by following the steps on this
    link to make sure you do have the default settings of the browser.

For Microsoft Edge, please follow the steps below:

• Click on the More actions (...) icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies andsaved website data, and
      Cached data and files then click Clear.

Looking forward to your reply.

Jan Del, Oct 15, 2021
  3. Smizack Win User
    Windows Update loading forever

So I ran both the commands and got this:

Windows 11 File Explorer Takes Forever to Load [​IMG]

The log file is also attached.

Smizack, Oct 15, 2021
  4. Geethu B Win User

Windows 11 File Explorer Takes Forever to Load

unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11

Hi Cristy,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you are unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Internet Explorer settings.

• Some browser add-ons.
    Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to disable add-ons and check if it helps.

Manage add-ons in Internet Explorer 11

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to reset Internet Explorer settings and check if it helps.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Disclaimer: Reset Internet Explorer to its default configuration. This step will also disable any add-ons, plug-ins, or toolbars that are installed. Although this solution is quick, it also means that, if you want to use any of those add-ons
    in the future, they must be reinstalled.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Oct 15, 2021
Thema:

Windows 11 File Explorer Takes Forever to Load

1. Windows 11 File Explorer Takes Forever to Load - Similar Threads - File Explorer Takes

2. File Explorer takes forever to load - "working on it"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer takes forever to load - "working on it": I have researched this forum and Google and I've done all that has been suggested to try to fix this very annoying issue but nothing worked - Nov 2023It continues to take a very long time to load - "working on it"Windows bug that never got fixedWindows is also up.to.date....
  3. File Explorer takes forever to load - "working on it"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer takes forever to load - "working on it": I have researched this forum and Google and I've done all that has been suggested to try to fix this very annoying issue but nothing worked - Nov 2023It continues to take a very long time to load - "working on it"Windows bug that never got fixedWindows is also up.to.date....
  4. File Explorer takes forever to load - "working on it"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File Explore loads forever

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explore loads forever: We are currently suffering from an issue that 3 windows 11 users fail to open any directory or files with file explore.When user clicks on a file/dir, the cursor turns to the load icon and loads forever.Even if we kill and restart File Explorer/ restart the PC, the issue...
  6. File Explore loads forever

File Explore loads forever: We are currently suffering from an issue that 3 windows 11 users fail to open any directory or files with file explore.When user clicks on a file/dir, the cursor turns to the load icon and loads forever.Even if we kill and restart File Explorer/ restart the PC, the issue...
  7. Windows 11 File Explorer Takes Forever to Load

Windows 11 File Explorer Takes Forever to Load: Ever since I updated to Windows 11, file explorer takes FOREVER to load and when it does right click doesn't work at all inside of it. Everything else in Windows 11 is completely fine except the file explorer. Any suggestions?...
  8. file explorer Take forever to load

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explorer Take forever to load: Hi! It is a little bit difficult to explain my problem but I will try my best. When I try to open any folder on my Desktop it takes almost 2 minutes to do so, but when I got that open I can search and "drive" around with no lag or something like this, If I go to word for...
  9. File Explorer takes forever to open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer takes forever to open: Idk if it's something I've done, but right after updating Windows today the File Explorer takes 20-30s to open when I click it on the taskbar. However if I click a folder on the Desktop it opens immediately. Anyone else having the same problem or knows how to solve it?...
  10. File Explorer - takes forever to open

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer - takes forever to open: File Explorer has always opened immediately (for 20 odd years). Suddenly it (Quick Access) takes so long that it's just not worth trying to use it (but of course one must). Anyone have any ideas about how Explorer could be affected by a recent update or other event? Or...