Windows 10: Windows 11 file manager dark mode selecting highlighter problem

Discus and support Windows 11 file manager dark mode selecting highlighter problem in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After turning windows 11 into dark mode, In file explorer to select a file or a selected file highlighter look like more bright so that no able to see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Arun Prakash1, Nov 9, 2022.

1. Windows 11 file manager dark mode selecting highlighter problem

After turning windows 11 into dark mode, In file explorer to select a file or a selected file highlighter look like more bright so that no able to see file or folder name correctly. So anyone know to sort-out this problem please reply to my question.

:)

Arun Prakash1, Nov 9, 2022
  2. JackPlatt Win User

Changing Color of Selected Text Highlighter in Windows 11 (Not Cursor or Text Itself)

I am in Dark Mode. Windows 11. I want to make the Selected Text Highlighter black again. (Like older versions of Windows.)

I am not talking about changing the color of the text itself. I am not talking about changing the color of the curser. I am talking about changing the text highlighting tool to black. (For all apps and programs.)

Example:

I want to make the highlighter black (How to change the example text highlighting the world "black" to black.)

(Refer to my attachment)

Notice the word black is highlighted by a different color. How would I go about changing the highlight color of the world black, from blue to black

My Windows Theme is Dark Mode. Will doing this mess up Dark Mode? If this is not simple and will mess up my settings, I don't want to do it. - Jack

(Please see my image example) A WordPad file: )

Windows 11 file manager dark mode selecting highlighter problem 9479444a-a351-414c-8d44-c55ca3688f22?upload=true.jpg

JackPlatt, Nov 9, 2022
  3. I cannot highlight files in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) Does this issue occur with any specific files in the File explorer?

2) Does this issue occur n any specific drive?

3) Does this issue occur on Files on Desktop?

As a work around, I suggest you to highlight the files of the desktop(if any) and check.

I suggest you to check the issue in Safe Mode and see if it’s working slowly.

To enter Safe Mode in Windows 10:

• Restart your PC.

• Press Shift + restart
      before the Windows logo appears.

• Click See Advanced Repair Options.

• Click Troubleshoot.

• Click Advanced Options.

• Click Windows Startup Settings.

• Click Restart.

• You then see a list where you can choose
      Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking (depending on whether you think you’ll need the Internet).

I also suggest you to run system file checker scan and check the issue.

Sfc /scannow will inspect all of the important Windows files on your computer, including Windows DLL files. If System File Checker finds an issue with any of these protected files, it will replace it.

Follow the steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt (Admin).

• At the Command Prompt, type:
      sfc/scannow

Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Nov 9, 2022
  4. Jay_234 Win User

Windows 11 file manager dark mode selecting highlighter problem

File explorer on dark mode illegible bug

Dark mode works beautifully on everything, except File Explorer.

• A highlighted selected item is legible, but becomes stark white with white text once the selected item's window is deselected (still keeping the selected item selected), causing a light grey/white illegible block.
    • When using the details view, the titles 'Name, Date modified, Type and Size' are illegible light grey text on another light grey block. Illegible and not very aesthetic either.
    • The folder's breadcrumb is completely illegible with stark white text on a stark white background.

Windows 11 file manager dark mode selecting highlighter problem 83d51a0f-9a20-46bc-ab36-5d3bc098583d?upload=true.png

As you can imagine, this issue makes using windows 10, very difficult. Everything is a 'mix' between light mode and dark mode:

Windows 11 file manager dark mode selecting highlighter problem eff184cd-f127-40bc-b0b4-ce6cd6b2b78c?upload=true.png

I'm not really sure what to do anymore;

• I have tried turning contrast settings off and on again.
    • I have tried changing the accent colour in Settings > Personalisation (automatic and manual selection).
    • I have done several fresh installs, including a whole new install on a new SSD(CWindows 11 file manager dark mode selecting highlighter problem :) instead of my old HDD(DWindows 11 file manager dark mode selecting highlighter problem :) and this issue persists

Has anyone come across this issue before and know how to solve it? I'm on the verge of just never using Dark mode on Windows.

Jay_234, Nov 9, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 file manager dark mode selecting highlighter problem

1. Windows 11 file manager dark mode selecting highlighter problem - Similar Threads - file manager dark

2. Task Manager Dark Mode not working in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Task Manager Dark Mode not working in Windows 11: [IMG]Some Windows users reported that changing the Task Manager to dark mode has no effect on its appearance. More often than not, the peculiarity is caused after an update. In this post, we will discuss this issue in detail and see what can be done if Task Manager’s Dark...
  3. Dark mode for task manager not working on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dark mode for task manager not working on windows 11: I have dark mode enabled for my windows 11 pc. There are no updates available. Every application is in dark theme and task manager still runs in light theme. I would like my task manager to be in dark mode too. How can I do this? I've already tried every suggestion on this...
  4. Dark mode for task manager not working on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dark mode for task manager not working on windows 11: I have dark mode enabled for my windows 11 pc. There are no updates available. Every application is in dark theme and task manager still runs in light theme. I would like my task manager to be in dark mode too. How can I do this? I've already tried every suggestion on this...
  5. Windows 11 file manager dark mode selecting highlighter problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 file manager dark mode selecting highlighter problem: After turning windows 11 into dark mode, In file explorer to select a file or a selected file highlighter look like more bright so that no able to see file or folder name correctly. So anyone know to sort-out this problem please reply to my question....
  6. Highlighted text in file explorer is un readable in Dark Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Highlighted text in file explorer is un readable in Dark Mode: When I have dark mode enabled the search bar and files that I have clicked on are not legible. Does anyone know a fix for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/highlighted-text-in-file-explorer-is-un-readable/98123493-5346-4575-9406-8d2591943182
  7. Highlighted text in file explorer is un readable in Dark Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Highlighted text in file explorer is un readable in Dark Mode: When I have dark mode enabled the search bar and files that I have clicked on are not legible. Does anyone know a fix for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/highlighted-text-in-file-explorer-is-un-readable/98123493-5346-4575-9406-8d2591943182
  8. Highlighted text in file explorer is un readable in Dark Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Windows 10 selection highlight color is too dark

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 selection highlight color is too dark: How can one change the selection highlight color. I am looking for the old (Win 7) color control panel where the colors were set for various objects like borders, active and inactive etc. Is this panel still available in the Windows 10 control panel? 152145
  10. Windows 10 selection highlight color is too dark

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 selection highlight color is too dark: How can one change the selection highlight color. I am looking for the old (Win 7) color control panel where the colors were set for various objects like borders, active and inactive etc. Is this panel still available in the Windows 10 control panel? 152145