Windows 10: Windows 11 File manager

Discus and support Windows 11 File manager in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, is it possible to open any file with the extension called "Files"? I recently downloaded it from Microsoft Store.This is the app -But, when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Lightning_125, Oct 7, 2021.

1. Windows 11 File manager

Hello, is it possible to open any file with the extension called "Files"? I recently downloaded it from Microsoft Store.This is the app -But, when opening any file from start-it opens from File explorer.So what can I do?is it possible to open the files from the extension only? and one more question- Can I change the keyboard shortcut-key for file explorer which is "Windows + E"and assign it to the new extension?Thanks

:)

Lightning_125, Oct 7, 2021
  2. Karla Alm Win User

Adobe Flash message in IE 11

Hi Sandra,

To help you out with your concern, we suggest that you disable the add-ons in Internet Explorer 11. For step by step instructions, go to this

link
    , then look for the title Turning off and removing add-ons.

We also suggest that you reset Internet Explorer 11 through these steps:

• Go to Internet Explorer then click the Gear icon.
    • Choose Internet options > Advanced.
    • Click Reset.

(Note: If you have added Favorites, back up them first before resetting the browser. )

Should you need further assistance, let us know.

Regards.

Karla Alm, Oct 7, 2021
  3. Geethu B Win User
    unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11

Hi Cristy,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you are unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Internet Explorer settings.

• Some browser add-ons.
    Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to disable add-ons and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/manage-add-ons#ie=ie-11

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to reset Internet Explorer settings and check if it helps.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Disclaimer: Reset Internet Explorer to its default configuration. This step will also disable any add-ons, plug-ins, or toolbars that are installed. Although this solution is quick, it also means that, if you want to use any of those add-ons
    in the future, they must be reinstalled.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Oct 7, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 11 File manager

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 7, 2021
Thema:

Windows 11 File manager

1. Windows 11 File manager - Similar Threads - File manager

2. USB hard drive shows up in device manager and partition manager but not file explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB hard drive shows up in device manager and partition manager but not file explorer.: I have a 2tb USB hard drive which is full of data that I cannot access any more. The device does not show up in file explorer but I can see it in the disk format tool, there is no drive letter assigned to it. Right clicking on the main partition and trying to assign a drive...
  3. USB hard drive shows up in device manager and partition manager but not file explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB hard drive shows up in device manager and partition manager but not file explorer.: I have a 2tb USB hard drive which is full of data that I cannot access any more. The device does not show up in file explorer but I can see it in the disk format tool, there is no drive letter assigned to it. Right clicking on the main partition and trying to assign a drive...
  4. USB hard drive shows up in device manager and partition manager but not file explorer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Deleting, moving or renaming certain files either takes way too long or crashes file manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting, moving or renaming certain files either takes way too long or crashes file manager: I've been having this issue for months now, and I still don't know how to fix it. Sometimes I have to even use aps like FileASSASSIN to remove some files, due to it crashing all the time.Sometimes it just doesn't show or do anything when I do something with my files, or the...
  6. Deleting, moving or renaming certain files either takes way too long or crashes file manager

Deleting, moving or renaming certain files either takes way too long or crashes file manager: I've been having this issue for months now, and I still don't know how to fix it. Sometimes I have to even use aps like FileASSASSIN to remove some files, due to it crashing all the time.Sometimes it just doesn't show or do anything when I do something with my files, or the...
  7. Deleting, moving or renaming certain files either takes way too long or crashes file manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. RAM isn't showing in Disk Management and File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAM isn't showing in Disk Management and File Explorer: I have not made any changes to this PC for about 2 years. All of a sudden it is not showing my RAM in Disk Management and File Explorer. Please help I am unable to use my PC for gaming because it's saying drives are missing or I don't have storage....
  9. RAM isn't showing in Disk Management and File Explorer

RAM isn't showing in Disk Management and File Explorer: I have not made any changes to this PC for about 2 years. All of a sudden it is not showing my RAM in Disk Management and File Explorer. Please help I am unable to use my PC for gaming because it's saying drives are missing or I don't have storage....
  10. RAM isn't showing in Disk Management and File Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware