Windows 10: Windows 11 file moving after renaming

Discus and support Windows 11 file moving after renaming in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In previous version of Windows, I would rename a file, and click on the next file, to stay in the same position in the list. However, I've found with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TomO'D1, Apr 9, 2022.

1. TomO'D1 Win User

Windows 11 file moving after renaming

In previous version of Windows, I would rename a file, and click on the next file, to stay in the same position in the list. However, I've found with Windows 11, when I rename a file, and click on the next file, it follows the renamed file to the new position in the list. This is very annoying when renaming a batch of files.

:)

TomO'D1, Apr 9, 2022

2. Renaming or moving files

No am trying to move or rename a Word or Excel file. It is on my computer. I have rebooted and sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. I rename and move files often so I do not want to have to reboot every time I do so.

CharlesCSmith, Apr 9, 2022
  3. Renaming group of files

Hi Richard,

There is a possibility that you are experiencing an issue with renaming the group of files because of a software conflict or damages within the files you are trying to rename. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following
    questions:

• Which build and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • Why are you using the Windows PowerShell instead of File Explorer to rename the files?
    • Is your device connected to a domain network?

PowerShell is usually used by advanced users to troubleshoot problems with Windows. You can visit this
    link as a reference on how to use PowerShell to rename files in bulk.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Apr 9, 2022
  4. Windows 11 file moving after renaming

Renaming or moving files

Using Windows Explorer I cannot rename a file or move it. I get message "The action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program"

CharlesCSmith, Apr 9, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 file moving after renaming

1. Windows 11 file moving after renaming - Similar Threads - file moving renaming

2. Can't delete, move or rename .ogg files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete, move or rename .ogg files.: Trying to rename results in file explorer crashing whilst moving or deleting is just perma stuck at 0%. File Explorer is stuck at "Cancelling" on move operations. I have tried everything that has been posted about this issue before and nothing works. I tried:- Uninstalling...
  3. can not delete or move or rename pdf file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can not delete or move or rename pdf file: I have a pdf file on my desktop with a very long name that I cannot delete, rename, or move. Every attempt fails. I get no error message telling me that the file is in use by another program...it simply won't disappear or allow me to change its name. I have tried running...
  4. PDF files slow to delete, move or rename after upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF files slow to delete, move or rename after upgrading to Windows 11: Hi,After upgrading to Windows 11 some months back, all PDF's have been very slow to move, delete or rename. The status window pops up and it takes 1-2 mins. This issue is not happening on any other file type. I have tryed to delete Adobe Acrobat and install it again. It...
  5. PDF files slow to delete, move or rename after upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF files slow to delete, move or rename after upgrading to Windows 11: Hi,After upgrading to Windows 11 some months back, all PDF's have been very slow to move, delete or rename. The status window pops up and it takes 1-2 mins. This issue is not happening on any other file type. I have tryed to delete Adobe Acrobat and install it again. It...
  6. File explorer crashing on windows 11 when renaming, moving or deleting PDF files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer crashing on windows 11 when renaming, moving or deleting PDF files: I have windows 11 and everytime I want to rename, delete or move a pdf file, my file explorer crashes. What is the cause and how can I fix? The only way i found around moving and renaming is by opening the pdf in microsoft edge and saving as a new file, which creates...
  7. File explorer crashing on windows 11 when renaming, moving or deleting PDF files

File explorer crashing on windows 11 when renaming, moving or deleting PDF files: I have windows 11 and everytime I want to rename, delete or move a pdf file, my file explorer crashes. What is the cause and how can I fix? The only way i found around moving and renaming is by opening the pdf in microsoft edge and saving as a new file, which creates...
  8. cannot delete, move or rename pdf file

cannot delete, move or rename pdf file: I have tried SFC, DISM, safe mode and disabling Enhanced security in Adobe Reader to remove the PDF file, but to no avail. The file is in Downloads folder of Windows 10, Lenovo laptop Any suggestions please?...
  9. Windows 11 file moving after renaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 file moving after renaming: In previous version of Windows, I would rename a file, and click on the next file, to stay in the same position in the list. However, I've found with Windows 11, when I rename a file, and click on the next file, it follows the renamed file to the new position in the list....
  10. Unable to move, copy, delete, or rename a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to move, copy, delete, or rename a file: A user screenshotted a twitter feed and did not rename the file. The file name is now exceedingly long, causing issues with our backup service due to the filepath length. I have tried moving, copying, renaming, and deleting the file, but nothing happens, not even an error. I...