Windows 10: WINDOWS 11 FIREWALL KEEPS ASKING FOR PERMISSION EVERYTIME I TURN ON MY PC

Discus and support WINDOWS 11 FIREWALL KEEPS ASKING FOR PERMISSION EVERYTIME I TURN ON MY PC in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I left my computer on its own for an hour and when I came back a game valorant and some websites weren't working on my end even when some websites such... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by FiloboyHE, Apr 7, 2022.

1. FiloboyHE Win User

WINDOWS 11 FIREWALL KEEPS ASKING FOR PERMISSION EVERYTIME I TURN ON MY PC

I left my computer on its own for an hour and when I came back a game valorant and some websites weren't working on my end even when some websites such as youtube or google meet work perfectly fine with no issues. I resolved the issue by changing my DNS server, but everytime I restart or shut down my computer and turn it back on I get notifications from windows firewall asking for permission to allow apps through the firewall and this has never happened to me before. Please help me fix it keep in mind I have no VPN services installed it just happened randomly when I got home yesterday.

:)

FiloboyHE, Apr 7, 2022
  2. DemFzz3 Win User

Windows Firewall keeps asking for permission to allow applications

Hello!

My Windows Firewall doesn't ask permission once anymore. It keeps asking after every reboot. Its kinda annoying.. Any help? Its not only with chrome, every application.

Thanks!

WINDOWS 11 FIREWALL KEEPS ASKING FOR PERMISSION EVERYTIME I TURN ON MY PC 6ce57839-75de-436d-8475-42d19fe02130.png

DemFzz3, Apr 7, 2022
  3. Unable to turn on Firewall on PC

Hi Speedy1zn,

Thank you posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with turning on firewall on your Windows 10 computer and we understand the concern in keeping your computer safe. We will certainly help you with this issue.

In order to have clarity, please let us know:

1. Are you aware of any changes after which the firewall (AVG/Windows) turned itself off?
    2. Do you see any error messages when trying to activate the firewall?

As you have mentioned that you have installed AVG antivirus, usually, the Windows Firewall turns off automatically when an alternate antivirus program is installed. This is by design. However, in this case, it could be a concern, as you are not able
    to activate the AVG firewall as well.

Method 1:

Try re-installing AVG program. Refer the article by AVG
    Uninstalling AVG software using AVG Clear or AVG Remover

Once you uninstall AVG,
    download the latest version of AVG antivirus
    that you are using from the AVG website and install it on the PC. Before re-installing, check if it turns on Windows Firewall.

Method 2:

You can try and running the Windows Firewall Troubleshooter.

Please refer to
    Automatically diagnose and fix problems with Windows Firewall
    to perform the steps.

We would also suggest that you keep your Windows up to date with the latest updates. Refer the article

Keep your PC up to date

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 7, 2022
  4. xubidoo Win User

Windows Firewall turns itself off - help

On my 2nd rig (see sig) "everytime" i startup or reboot ,win xp firewall is turned off and the balloon comes up asking if i want to enable it.

i thought it might be malware/virus but so far cannot find a trace of 1.
    ive scanned the pc using the following

AVG Free
    Bit Defender online scan
    Housecall online scan
    Panda activescan online scan

Adaware free
    Spybot S&D
    Spywareblaster

and the pc came up clean with every 1 of them ,except for a few tracking cookies.

have also used ccleaner/diskcleaner.

in Administrative tools/services ,the Firewall is set to "automatic" so it should start?

im really at a loss why it wont auto start anymore *Frown WINDOWS 11 FIREWALL KEEPS ASKING FOR PERMISSION EVERYTIME I TURN ON MY PC :(

any suggestions ?

xubidoo, Apr 7, 2022
Thema:

1. WINDOWS 11 FIREWALL KEEPS ASKING FOR PERMISSION EVERYTIME I TURN ON MY PC - Similar Threads - FIREWALL KEEPS ASKING

2. Permanent keys activates everytime that I turn on the PC Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permanent keys activates everytime that I turn on the PC Windows 11: Hello :DI'm going crazy because every time I turn on my PC, the 2 settings concerning the sticky keys activates by itself and some annoying problems like having to press the windows key 2 times to open start, during some game sessions, keys like shift stop working work...
  3. Permanent keys activates everytime that I turn on the PC Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permanent keys activates everytime that I turn on the PC Windows 11: Hello :DI'm going crazy because every time I turn on my PC, the 2 settings concerning the sticky keys activates by itself and some annoying problems like having to press the windows key 2 times to open start, during some game sessions, keys like shift stop working work...
  4. System32/CoinMiner.I keeps appearing everytime I turn on my PC, Windows command processor...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System32/CoinMiner.I keeps appearing everytime I turn on my PC, Windows command processor...: CoinMiner Malware https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system32coinmineri-keeps-appearing-everytime-i/ac759320-ebe7-4216-9374-7e6d9cca174a
  5. System32/CoinMiner.I keeps appearing everytime I turn on my PC, Windows command processor...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    System32/CoinMiner.I keeps appearing everytime I turn on my PC, Windows command processor...: CoinMiner Malware https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system32coinmineri-keeps-appearing-everytime-i/ac759320-ebe7-4216-9374-7e6d9cca174a
  6. Behavior:Win32/CoinMiner.I keeps appearing everytime i turn on my PC

Behavior:Win32/CoinMiner.I keeps appearing everytime i turn on my PC: I'm really not sure what to do about this, but its annoying and starting to make my PC overheat. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/behaviorwin32coinmineri-keeps-appearing-everytime/2303addb-b587-41b7-8472-c13f0e3d8f4f
  7. WINDOWS 11 FIREWALL KEEPS ASKING FOR PERMISSION EVERYTIME I TURN ON MY PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS 11 FIREWALL KEEPS ASKING FOR PERMISSION EVERYTIME I TURN ON MY PC: I left my computer on its own for an hour and when I came back a game valorant and some websites weren't working on my end even when some websites such as youtube or google meet work perfectly fine with no issues. I resolved the issue by changing my DNS server...
  8. Firewall notification on everytime I boot up my PC

Firewall notification on everytime I boot up my PC: Every time I start up my PC, the Windows Defender sends me a notification to turn it on, while I DO NOT want that, and it pops up randomly while I use the PC aswell......
  9. Wifi disconnects everytime I turn on my pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi disconnects everytime I turn on my pc: Hi, So my situation is when I turn on my pc every device connected gets disconnected including the pc too. Eventually it does reconnect to the internet after 30 mins delay or so and I can't have this since I'm working and also I might disrupt everyone else's business while...
  10. Windows firewall not asking for permissions for server services.

Windows firewall not asking for permissions for server services.: Hello. I have been a windows user ever since I remember and whenever I wanted to host a server, I always got a firewall prompt asking me whether I want allow the application to access the internet. I always clicked yes and everything worked, until recently. I am not sure...