Windows 10: Windows 11 forgets Hello settings - pin and fingerprint

Discus and support Windows 11 forgets Hello settings - pin and fingerprint in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I have a desktop with external fingerprint sensor. The machine is 4 years old and worked with fingerprint unlock and windows 10 since I got it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Michael.Vogel, Jan 11, 2023.

1. Windows 11 forgets Hello settings - pin and fingerprint

Hi, I have a desktop with external fingerprint sensor. The machine is 4 years old and worked with fingerprint unlock and windows 10 since I got it. After updating to Windows 11 about two months ago it worked as well.Since 3 days ago, it seems to completely forget the entire hello enrollment, sometimes within hours, sometimes overnight.When it fails, waking the screen only shows the password option, not the pin or the fingerprint. If I go to hello settings, it's back to the same state as a clean install with Hello not activated. Some failure results in the complete loss of all Hello settings.I'

:)

Michael.Vogel, Jan 11, 2023
  2. T_Howee Win User

Unable to Set Up Pin or Windows Hello Fingerprint

Hi! Thank you for the quick and comprehensive response. Unfortunately, I tried every suggestion you provided, and none of them worked. I believe that there are no issues with the hardware or drivers for the fingerprint sensor, and that all the issues are
    coming from Windows refusing to accept that I have actually created a PIN. I went down the list, did everything, even did the Repair Install, which didn't work, then tried deleting the Ngc folder and restarting, which didn't help either. It still only says
    "Add" under the options for PIN, and when I go to setup fingerprint sensor, everything works fine up until it tells me that I need to create a PIN to use Hello. I already have created a PIN, and I sign into my computer using it just fine, but it appears that
    the settings application does not see that. Any other suggestions?

T_Howee, Jan 11, 2023
  3. chris_80 Win User
    Windows Hello - PIN and Fingerprint not working anymore

First, this is similar with
    this question
    , but that thread is locked with no solution.

After some months of fingerprint login working fine, after some update few months ago fingerprint stopped working, error message like "windows hello encountered a problem and stopped working".

- noticed that PIN is not set up anymore

- tried to set up PIN or fingerprint - not working (fingerprint sensor was not even recognized by Hello, even though Dell tools verification was ok).

- reinstalled fingerprint sensor driver, managed to determine Hello to find sensor and allowed to set up fingerprint until near the end when it requested for a PIN to be setup. asked for my password but the next screen (to enter PIN twice) never appears

- deleted Ngc folder, recreated, managed to set up PIN individually

- when I try to set up fingerprint click on Get Started, asks for PIN, and after I enter the PIN the popup disappear but does't go to the next step with sensor, stays there with only the Cancel button visible.

To answer obvious questions:

- windows updates done. no change

- new account created and tried to set up. same issues with fingerprint setup, at the end not setting up PIN or I set up PIN separately on fingerprint start does not go further than entering PIN after Get Started.

chris_80, Jan 11, 2023
  4. Billy'M Win User

Windows 11 forgets Hello settings - pin and fingerprint

Windows Hello fingerprint and PIN setup crashes

Thanks for the tip. For clarity if others have this issue steps to resolve were as follows:

1. Remove old PIN and finger print from sign in settings

2. From BIOS change security chip from TPM to Intel PTY

3. From bios erase fingerprint data

4. Setup new pin and fingerprint from wondows hello, it is now working!

Billy'M, Jan 11, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11 forgets Hello settings - pin and fingerprint

1. Windows 11 forgets Hello settings - pin and fingerprint - Similar Threads - forgets Hello settings

2. Windows 11 22h2 : Windows forgets Hello settings - pin and fingerprint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 22h2 : Windows forgets Hello settings - pin and fingerprint: Dears ,every time I try to setup pin and fingerprint , windows remove after an hour or so .is there a solution for that ?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-22h2-windows-forgets-hello-settings-pin/06709d9f-9829-43c7-8257-5438243ce02f
  3. Windows 11 22h2 : Windows forgets Hello settings - pin and fingerprint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 22h2 : Windows forgets Hello settings - pin and fingerprint: Dears ,every time I try to setup pin and fingerprint , windows remove after an hour or so .is there a solution for that ?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-22h2-windows-forgets-hello-settings-pin/06709d9f-9829-43c7-8257-5438243ce02f
  4. Hello Fingerprint and pin

Hello Fingerprint and pin: Is it possible to block only PIN usage for end users? They will be able to continue using fingerprint biometrics. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-fingerprint-and-pin/0b960f18-2133-4be5-bd22-3a8f7d77f3db
  5. Hello Fingerprint and pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hello Fingerprint and pin: Is it possible to block only PIN usage for end users? They will be able to continue using fingerprint biometrics. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-fingerprint-and-pin/0b960f18-2133-4be5-bd22-3a8f7d77f3db
  6. Hello Fingerprint and pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Windows 11 forgets Hello settings - pin and fingerprint

Windows 11 forgets Hello settings - pin and fingerprint: Hi, I have a desktop with external fingerprint sensor. The machine is 4 years old and worked with fingerprint unlock and windows 10 since I got it. After updating to Windows 11 about two months ago it worked as well.Since 3 days ago, it seems to completely forget the entire...
  8. Window Hello - Pin and fingerprint not available in Window 11

Window Hello - Pin and fingerprint not available in Window 11: Hi, I having a problem as when I try to log in, my pin could not enter any letter which I set in my pin to be longer. And when I go to my setting, I realize both fingerprint and pin are not available and it state to try again later, but after so many days it did not changed...
  9. Unable to Set Up Pin or Windows Hello Fingerprint

Unable to Set Up Pin or Windows Hello Fingerprint: I am trying to get my fingerprint sensor back to working on my Dell XPS 15 7590, but Windows will not allow me to do so. I believe the issue comes from the PIN setup not working properly. When I go to settings>sign-in options and click Windows Hello PIN, the only option is...
  10. Cannot set up Hello PIN and Fingerprint

Cannot set up Hello PIN and Fingerprint: Hi anyone has encountered this problem - when you want to set up Hello Pin and Fingerprint sign-in option but u cannot press the button on "set up". It says "this option is currently unavailable - click here to learn more". I have been trying multiple times but it does not...