Windows 10: Windows 11 Freezes 1-3 Minutes After Start Up

Discus and support Windows 11 Freezes 1-3 Minutes After Start Up in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This is a two-year-old Asus gaming laptop with Windows 10 installed that suddenly started to exhibit this problem. Basically it stops responding to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jenni D1, Jun 19, 2023.

1. Jenni D1 Win User

Windows 11 Freezes 1-3 Minutes After Start Up

This is a two-year-old Asus gaming laptop with Windows 10 installed that suddenly started to exhibit this problem. Basically it stops responding to input, the hard drive stops accessing, and I have to do a hard reboot. Here is what I have attempted so far:Ran windows repair - no problems foundBoot to safe mode - froze in safe modeMemory Test - no problems foundTemperature check - Temps in normal laptop range, spikes in the low 70C rangePulled drive and ran check disk on a different laptop - no problems foundReinstall of Windows 10 from Asus copy on the drive - same problem occursWipe drive and

:)

Jenni D1, Jun 19, 2023
  2. dawei Win User

Windows 7 freezes for 1 minute

My custom built rig has lately, in the past 2 months or so, been having these spits of freezing. It will freeze for exactly 1 minute: always 1 minute, every time. I can time it down to the second.

The weird thing is that when it freezes, some programs seem to be immune to it. When playing a full screen game, video and audio will freeze (though not always at the same time, sometimes one or the other will lag). Playing a 3D game in windowed mode seems to be immune to it however. Windows explorer and Firefox always seems to freeze, but Windows Messenger (including video call) will work as normal even while everything else is frozen. After a minute has passed, everything is back to normal. It happens at irregular intervals: sometimes it will happen then happen again 30 seconds later, and sometimes I can go hours without the problem.

It's a bit bizarre and I'm not sure what is causing it. The fact that it is always exactly 1 minute makes me think it's some dumb program checking for an update or something, but I can't pin it down.

Any ideas appreciated.

dawei, Jun 19, 2023
  3. Sam______ Win User
    Windows 10 freezes after 11 minutes every time

Hi,

As the title says, my computer freezes after +- 11 minutes. This started since I upgraded to the fall creators update 3 weeks ago. I already formatted my disk and did a clean install, without luck.

When the computer freezes, my C- drive activity time goes to 100%, in resource monitor the list with files in the disk section reduses to zero files.

I also tried:

- sfc scannow

- memory check

- scandisk

- virtual memory reset

- disabling

- Tried starting windows in safe mode.

- turned of superfetch...

Is there anything else I can try?

Sam______, Jun 19, 2023
  4. IDontKnow Win User

Windows 10 Freezes then Restarts every 5-10 minutes of loging on.

I know discussion is old, I am posting to help others since this post is the first result after typing in "Windows 10 Freezing".

Step 1: Click on Start Button, search "uac".
    Step 2: Click on "Change User Account Control Settings"
    Step 3: Slide bar up to the top or second from the top. (This will prevents programs or apps from hurting or changing you computer, like things that are not compatible)

IDontKnow, Jun 19, 2023
Thema:

1. Windows 11 Freezes 1-3 Minutes After Start Up - Similar Threads - Freezes Minutes Start

2. PC will freeze unexpectedly for 1-3 minutes and then "crash" automatically reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC will freeze unexpectedly for 1-3 minutes and then "crash" automatically reboot: For almost a year now my PC has been freezing and then it will automatically reboot crash? on its own. At first I noticed it would happen when I would play video games, but after a while it just began to happen when browsing the web. When looking in "Event Viewer" I am...
  3. PC will freeze unexpectedly for 1-3 minutes and then "crash" automatically reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC will freeze unexpectedly for 1-3 minutes and then "crash" automatically reboot: For almost a year now my PC has been freezing and then it will automatically reboot crash? on its own. At first I noticed it would happen when I would play video games, but after a while it just began to happen when browsing the web. When looking in "Event Viewer" I am...
  4. PC will freeze unexpectedly for 1-3 minutes and then "crash" automatically reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 11 Freezes 1-3 Minutes After Start Up

Windows 11 Freezes 1-3 Minutes After Start Up: This is a two-year-old Asus gaming laptop with Windows 10 installed that suddenly started to exhibit this problem. Basically it stops responding to input, the hard drive stops accessing, and I have to do a hard reboot. Here is what I have attempted so far:Ran windows repair -...
  6. Laptop Freezes after 3 minutes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Freezes after 3 minutes.: Windows freezes after 2-3 mins whether or not I use it. Installed a fresh copy of windows with factory rest still the same issue persist. I need my pc for work, would appreciate your help greatly....
  7. Laptop Freezes after 3 minutes.

Laptop Freezes after 3 minutes.: Windows freezes after 2-3 mins whether or not I use it. Installed a fresh copy of windows with factory rest still the same issue persist. I need my pc for work, would appreciate your help greatly....
  8. Laptop Freezes after 3 minutes.

9. Windows freezing 10 minutes to 3 hours after boot

Windows freezing 10 minutes to 3 hours after boot: Hello, I recently built a computer myself. After booting windows 10, the system works as it should, except for the Wifi being very slow sometimes (100-500 Kbps on a 60 Mbps connection). After 10 minutes to 3 hours of normal use, windows 10 straight up freezes, forcing me to...
  10. Freeze about 1 minute after boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Freeze about 1 minute after boot: Hello, My laptop runs fine in safe mode - W10/0/15063 When I boot in normal mode about 1 minute after booted the PC freezes - I have tried to restore/reset etc - I do not have - this is not possible. I have run sfc/scannow - no errors Help - where should I start...