Windows 10: Windows 11 freezes, goes to black screen, then restarts

Discus and support Windows 11 freezes, goes to black screen, then restarts in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I installed Windows 11 about 3 weeks ago and since, I have had the computer unexpectedly shut off on me multiple times. It seems targeted. For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Arthur Mendonca, Oct 6, 2022.

1. Windows 11 freezes, goes to black screen, then restarts

Hi,I installed Windows 11 about 3 weeks ago and since, I have had the computer unexpectedly shut off on me multiple times. It seems targeted. For example, if I'm playing a new game like Fifa 23, it is far more frequent than if I'm browsing the web. But it has now happened in multiple games and while editing a project in Adobe Premiere Pro lost an hour's worth of work. But it is mainly happening in video games repeatedly. More in some games like Fifa 23 than others such as rocket league or fall guys. The specific behavior is my screen freezes whatever image it's on, then after 15 seconds or s

:)

Arthur Mendonca, Oct 6, 2022
  2. Chugsum Win User

Restart screen then black screen

No, it doesn't restart. It just freezes on the restart screen and then goes black if I click the screen.

Yes, I reinstalled Windows 10 Pro using the MCT, doesn't change anything.

Can't enter Clean Boot, because it freezes on the Restart screen.

Can enter Safe Mode after power button shut down (since it FREEZES ON THE RESTART SCREEN).

Already listed info about DISM and SFC.

Video drivers are up to date. Onboard graphics.

Checked Registry and set properly.

I'll try a new account and see if that works. Will replay back either way.

Chugsum, Oct 6, 2022
  3. Maria Fab Win User
    Screen goes black

Hi,

To isolate your concern, we would like to ask a few questions:

• Were there any changes made on your laptop prior to this?
    • Does it only happen when you use Internet Explorer, or have you tried using a different browser?
    • Are there any external devices plugged into your laptop?

If your laptop experiences a black screen after upgrading to Windows 10, you may refer to this
    link on how to troubleshoot black screen errors. Follow the steps provided. For additional help with
    Internet Explorer, click here.

Let us know how it goes.

Maria Fab, Oct 6, 2022
  4. Windows 11 freezes, goes to black screen, then restarts

Screen goes black if the power cord is connected

Hi Tony,

As the screen goes black I suggest you to refer the Microsoft article on
    Troubleshoot black screen problems and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

I also see that you are facing issues with the keyboard this might be due to the corruption of keyboard drivers. I suggest you to run the
    hardware and devices troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps for the same.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    • Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please get back to us with the information required, if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Oct 6, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 freezes, goes to black screen, then restarts

1. Windows 11 freezes, goes to black screen, then restarts - Similar Threads - freezes goes black

2. Screen goes black and all input freezes Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black and all input freezes Windows 11: Hello! I'm having a weird issue with my pc.Everything is up to date, all my drivers are updated, all my software is updated but this issue happens at random.This first started about a year ago, my screens went black and all input was frozen pressing caps lock on the keyboard...
  3. Screen goes black and all input freezes Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen goes black and all input freezes Windows 11: Hello! I'm having a weird issue with my pc.Everything is up to date, all my drivers are updated, all my software is updated but this issue happens at random.This first started about a year ago, my screens went black and all input was frozen pressing caps lock on the keyboard...
  4. PC freezes, goes into black screen, then restart while gaming.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes, goes into black screen, then restart while gaming.: I reinstalled windows yesterday and started to notice this kind of issue.When I'm gaming, my pc would freeze for a second or two, then goes in to black screen when all the LEDs in the cases were still on, and then restart. This happened multiple times within a day. I zipped...
  5. PC freezes, goes into black screen, then restart while gaming.

PC freezes, goes into black screen, then restart while gaming.: I reinstalled windows yesterday and started to notice this kind of issue.When I'm gaming, my pc would freeze for a second or two, then goes in to black screen when all the LEDs in the cases were still on, and then restart. This happened multiple times within a day. I zipped...
  6. PC freezes, goes into black screen, then restart while gaming.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows 11 Freezes, goes to black screen, then restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Freezes, goes to black screen, then restarts: Hi,I installed Windows 11 about a month ago and since, I have had the computer unexpectedly shut off on me multiple times. It seems targeted. For example, if I'm playing a new game like Fifa 23, it is far more frequent than if I'm browsing the web. But it has now happened in...
  8. Windows 11 Freezes, goes to black screen, then restarts

Windows 11 Freezes, goes to black screen, then restarts: Hi,I installed Windows 11 about a month ago and since, I have had the computer unexpectedly shut off on me multiple times. It seems targeted. For example, if I'm playing a new game like Fifa 23, it is far more frequent than if I'm browsing the web. But it has now happened in...
  9. Windows 11 freezes, goes to black screen, then restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 freezes, goes to black screen, then restarts: Hi,I installed Windows 11 about 3 weeks ago and since, I have had the computer unexpectedly shut off on me multiple times. It seems targeted. For example, if I'm playing a new game like Fifa 23, it is far more frequent than if I'm browsing the web. But it has now happened in...
  10. Screen freezes then goes black.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen freezes then goes black.: Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: 141 Parameter 1: ffffdc07ca624050 Parameter 2: fffff8034d082298 Parameter 3: 0 Parameter 4: 0 OS version: 10_0_19042 Service Pack:...