Windows 10: Windows 11 Freezing in sleep mode or when kept idle

Discus and support Windows 11 Freezing in sleep mode or when kept idle in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have upgraded my windows genuine OS from Windows10 to Windows11. After that, now I am facing an issue like system is freezing and unable to access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sajeed Pasha Mohammad, Feb 7, 2022.

1. Windows 11 Freezing in sleep mode or when kept idle

I have upgraded my windows genuine OS from Windows10 to Windows11. After that, now I am facing an issue like system is freezing and unable to access any of the applications. Just mouse cursor moves every where on the screen but no click works. After force restart like holding power off or restart button system reboots and it runs. This issue is repeating everyday when my system is kept idle for long time. All the updates like windows, network card, graphic card are up-to-date. I cannot format this system as it has very much sensitive, huge and important data.

:)

Sajeed Pasha Mohammad, Feb 7, 2022

2. system freezes up in sleep mode

system freezes up in sleep mode, one monitor on and the other a sleep. Can not wake up system without hard reboot. Any suggestions?

SteveSchillinger, Feb 7, 2022
  3. Jonas Flo Win User
    Bluetooth still on while idle

Thanks for following the steps. Now, the settings won't take effect if you are only using normal PC idle mode. Normal functionality of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi settings are to stay connected even if PC is idle. With the settings that you have created, we would
    suggest that you set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or
    Hibernate
    once idle. In this way, the settings "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" should take effect.

To set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or Hibernate when idle, please follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel, set view by: Small
      icons.
    • Look for Power Options.
    • Click on Change when the computer sleeps on the left pane.
    • Set a timer.

Please try it out. Hope it helps. If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Jonas Flo, Feb 7, 2022
  4. Windows 11 Freezing in sleep mode or when kept idle

Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Feb 7, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 Freezing in sleep mode or when kept idle

1. Windows 11 Freezing in sleep mode or when kept idle - Similar Threads - Freezing sleep mode

2. Windows 11 Randomly Freezing when left Idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Randomly Freezing when left Idle: My PC has randomly started freezing when left idle overnight. Ive tried doing a clean install of windows and updated the motherboard bios but no success. Im at a loss trying to figure this one out. Here are my specs CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor 24 CPUs, ~3.7GHz...
  3. Windows 11 Randomly Freezing when left Idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Randomly Freezing when left Idle: My PC has randomly started freezing when left idle overnight. Ive tried doing a clean install of windows and updated the motherboard bios but no success. Im at a loss trying to figure this one out. Here are my specs CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor 24 CPUs, ~3.7GHz...
  4. BSOD if PC kept idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD if PC kept idle: My pc just bsod's if kept idle for 5 minutes.No dump files created.Please help me fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-if-pc-kept-idle/3a242ee6-5567-4b0c-976b-d6a00a9e91d2
  5. Windows 11 Freezes - especially when idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Freezes - especially when idle: I Was running windows 10 with the same computer with no problems since forever, never freezed. But since i installed windows 11, it started to randomly freezes, i don't even need to be hard using it, playing or using 3d softwares, sometimes just one internet tab is enought do...
  6. Windows 11 Freezes - especially when idle

Windows 11 Freezes - especially when idle: I Was running windows 10 with the same computer with no problems since forever, never freezed. But since i installed windows 11, it started to randomly freezes, i don't even need to be hard using it, playing or using 3d softwares, sometimes just one internet tab is enought do...
  7. Windows 11 Freeze When Idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Freeze When Idle: PC is set to never sleep. Almost every morning when arriving to my PC it allows me to wake the screens with the mouse but everything is frozen. My clock widget rainmeter appears to have been working right up the the wake moment. All other processes freeze in the state shown....
  8. Windows 11 Freeze When Idle

Windows 11 Freeze When Idle: PC is set to never sleep. Almost every morning when arriving to my PC it allows me to wake the screens with the mouse but everything is frozen. My clock widget rainmeter appears to have been working right up the the wake moment. All other processes freeze in the state shown....
  9. Windows 11 Freezing in sleep mode or when kept idle

Windows 11 Freezing in sleep mode or when kept idle: I have upgraded my windows genuine OS from Windows10 to Windows11. After that, now I am facing an issue like system is freezing and unable to access any of the applications. Just mouse cursor moves every where on the screen but no click works. After force restart like holding...
  10. Windows 10 freezes when entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 freezes when entering sleep mode: Whenever my PC tries to enter sleep mode, the screen goes dark and the PC freezes. It never actually gets to sleep mode and the battery quickly drains if not plugged in. The only way out of this state is a hard reboot by holding the power button for several seconds. This...