Windows 10: Windows 11 Freezing/Slow Performance

Discus and support Windows 11 Freezing/Slow Performance in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Good day,This issue that I have been experiencing could be quite broad in terms of troubleshooting. Long story short, we have been experiencing slow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by OrangeJuiceHL, Mar 4, 2024.

1. Windows 11 Freezing/Slow Performance

Good day,This issue that I have been experiencing could be quite broad in terms of troubleshooting. Long story short, we have been experiencing slow performance, freezing and lagging on our laptops using Windows 11.We took the issue up with Dell as we found the same issue on newly acquired i7 devices which was very unusual, but we were also finding the issue on newly acquired i5 laptops. Dell confirmed that they haven't experienced any global defects issue with the laptops.Dell recommended we then reinstall a clean version of Windows 11, install the apps one by one and leave the security apps

:)

OrangeJuiceHL, Mar 4, 2024
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Mar 4, 2024
  3. Windows 10 Freezes and Slow Performance

Hi Jackie,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you have experienced due to system freeze and slow performance. I will certainly help you.

It would be great if you can answer these questions for a better understanding.

1. What happens exactly when system freezes?

2. Do you get any error message or error code prompt ?

3. Have you made any recent hardware or software changes to the computer prior to the
    issue?

To diagnose the issue, I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article if
    the computer freezes and check if it helps.

Windows hangs or freezes

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2681286

Safety Scanner Disclaimer: There could be a loss of data while performing a scan using Microsoft safety scanner to eliminate viruses if any.

To increase the performance of the system, follow the suggestions in below articles and check if it works.

Performance
    & Maintenance

Improve performance by optimizing your drive

Note: The troubleshooting steps in the above links are meant for windows 8, however, you can use the same for windows 10 as well.

Please reply back with complete information on the issue you are facing for further assistance.

Thank you.

Vinodh Kumar V, Mar 4, 2024
  4. Windows 11 Freezing/Slow Performance

Windows 10 slow and freezes

Hi,

Corrupted hard drive, too many backgrounds programs, outdated drivers, hardware conflicts, etc. are some of the reasons why a Windows computer is running slow and freezing. To isolate the issue, we'd like to know if you have made any recent changes on your
    device (e.g. installation of a software or program) before the issue started.

In the meantime, we suggest performing a clean boot. Refer to this thread and follow
    the steps given by SpiritX MS MVP to perform a clean boot.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Ronalene Mat, Mar 4, 2024
Thema:

Windows 11 Freezing/Slow Performance

1. Windows 11 Freezing/Slow Performance - Similar Threads - Freezing Slow Performance

2. Windows 11 Freezing/Slow Performance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Freezing/Slow Performance: Good day,This issue that I have been experiencing could be quite broad in terms of troubleshooting. Long story short, we have been experiencing slow performance, freezing and lagging on our laptops using Windows 11.We took the issue up with Dell as we found the same issue on...
  3. Slow performance in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow performance in windows 11: Hi, I have recently purchased a new laptop and installed Windows 11 on it, but after a month it became suddenly very slow. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-performance-in-windows-11/26429e91-dd6a-46a4-ac51-c08808f01b36
  4. Slow performance in windows 11

Slow performance in windows 11: Hi, I have recently purchased a new laptop and installed Windows 11 on it, but after a month it became suddenly very slow. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-performance-in-windows-11/26429e91-dd6a-46a4-ac51-c08808f01b36
  5. Windows 11 slow performance!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 slow performance!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,Windows 11 is too buggy. The problem is that folders opens slower in File Explorer too buggy. But Windows 10 was fine. How to fix that problem. It eats overall performance. How to make folder opens faster? Help me!...
  6. Windows 11 slow performance!

Windows 11 slow performance!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,Windows 11 is too buggy. The problem is that folders opens slower in File Explorer too buggy. But Windows 10 was fine. How to fix that problem. It eats overall performance. How to make folder opens faster? Help me!...
  7. Slow Performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow Performance: So about two weeks ago, I updated the drivers on my computer, but had some issues with performance. I restored my computer to its original settings, because that's what the tech support told me to do. However I am still having performance issues. I've tried restarting,...
  8. Windows 10 performance is really slow and it freezes randomly

Windows 10 performance is really slow and it freezes randomly: I'm using windows 10 From the last 10 days my explorer crashes or stops responding, sometimes with the screen going black with only a cursor, after I updated my windows 10 to the latest version 20H2 and removed the third party anti-virus software, explore is working better...
  9. Slow performance of laptop and freezing , not responding.

Slow performance of laptop and freezing , not responding.: I have Lenovo IdeaPad 300 i5 6th gen , 4 gb ram 1 tb hard drive it came with pre-installed windows 10 but now many times when I open chrome it shows not responding and many other programs like vlc paint do same and laptop is very slow what to do?...
  10. windows slow performance

windows slow performance: windows is taking about a minute to boot and load windows and it is again taking 30 seconds to load the taskbar completely.is it any hardware problem or any software or os error?even though i have i5 8 th gen processor with 2gb nvidia graphics,i am feeling a laggy...