Windows 10: windows 11 fresh install - pc or lcd monitor will not sleep, other upgraded partition it...

Discus and support windows 11 fresh install - pc or lcd monitor will not sleep, other upgraded partition it... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have two partitions, one i did an upgrade to win 11, the other is fresh.On the fresh one, the lcd monitor will not shut off.Things i've tried:Setting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by markm75g, Nov 27, 2021.

1. markm75g Win User

windows 11 fresh install - pc or lcd monitor will not sleep, other upgraded partition it...

I have two partitions, one i did an upgrade to win 11, the other is fresh.On the fresh one, the lcd monitor will not shut off.Things i've tried:Setting nic to wake on magic packet only. Setting it to disable wake timers. Disabling hybrid sleep. Ran powercfg /requests and /lastwake nothing shows up as in useAlso did msconfig bare startup, same deal.Nothing changes as far as whats plugged in between testing the upgraded vs fresh.I also pulled every usb from the machine and disabled all usb related dev manager drivers, no go.I'm out of ideas. Anyone else ran into this?

:)

markm75g, Nov 27, 2021
  2. Boyfriend Win User

windows 7 (one partition dissapeared)

It sometimes happens. On my supervisor computer, a partition was made when he was using Windows XP with a third party software. With each fresh install, I have to assign a letter manually to that partition, else it don't show up in explorer even for Windows 7 RTM fresh install. I have seen it, that's why I have suggested the procedure.

Boyfriend, Nov 27, 2021
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Nov 27, 2021
  4. windows 11 fresh install - pc or lcd monitor will not sleep, other upgraded partition it...

using a monitor to extend my screen

Hi Lou,

There are several possible reasons why your LCD monitor suddenly stopped working. It could be that the graphic driver is outdated or could be the cable used is already damaged.

For us to isolate this problem, we would like to ask the following information:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you installed any updates?

In the meantime, please try the following suggestions and see if your laptop will detect the LCD monitor:

• Update the graphic card driver. Check out Update drivers in Windows 10 for the steps.
    • Use another cable. Try using another VGA cable to connect the LCD monitor to the laptop.
    • Connect the LCD monitor to another computer. To help us isolate the issue, try connecting the LCD monitor to a different computer.

Please let us know how it goes. We're looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 27, 2021
Thema:

windows 11 fresh install - pc or lcd monitor will not sleep, other upgraded partition it...

1. windows 11 fresh install - pc or lcd monitor will not sleep, other upgraded partition it... - Similar Threads - fresh install lcd

2. Monitor won't go to sleep, Did a fresh install of windows 11 issue is still there, what to do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor won't go to sleep, Did a fresh install of windows 11 issue is still there, what to do?: So the monitor just never goes to sleep, this issue is super annoying and i tried fixing it before. Being tired of it i decided to do a fresh install of windows 11 BUT THE ISSUE IS STILL FRIKKIN THERE.I've read somewhere that its a bug, but a big like this shouldn't last this...
  3. Monitor won't go to sleep, Did a fresh install of windows 11 issue is still there, what to do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor won't go to sleep, Did a fresh install of windows 11 issue is still there, what to do?: So the monitor just never goes to sleep, this issue is super annoying and i tried fixing it before. Being tired of it i decided to do a fresh install of windows 11 BUT THE ISSUE IS STILL FRIKKIN THERE.I've read somewhere that its a bug, but a big like this shouldn't last this...
  4. Windows 11 upgrade from a fresh Win10 install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 upgrade from a fresh Win10 install: I bought a new laptop, MSI GF76, which does not come with a windows preinstalled only DOS. If I install a licensed windows 10 to it, will I get an upgrade to a licensed windows 11 for it?...
  5. Windows 11 upgrade from a fresh Win10 install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 upgrade from a fresh Win10 install: I bought a new laptop, MSI GF76, which does not come with a windows preinstalled only DOS. If I install a licensed windows 10 to it, will I get an upgrade to a licensed windows 11 for it?...
  6. windows 11 fresh install - pc or lcd monitor will not sleep, other upgraded partition it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 fresh install - pc or lcd monitor will not sleep, other upgraded partition it...: I have two partitions, one i did an upgrade to win 11, the other is fresh.On the fresh one, the lcd monitor will not shut off.Things i've tried:Setting nic to wake on magic packet only. Setting it to disable wake timers. Disabling hybrid sleep. Ran powercfg /requests and...
  7. AOC 2436Pwa LCD Monitor doesnt work after upgrade to Windows10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AOC 2436Pwa LCD Monitor doesnt work after upgrade to Windows10: Hi I've had this good old (personal) HP Envy 1050ea laptop (Product No: WN967EA#ABU and Serial No: CNU0371TZN) for many moons and has been working perfectly fine up until now. I've recently upgraded it from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Home edition and now cannot get the external...
  8. LCD Not Detected on PC HDMI Port after SLEEP mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    LCD Not Detected on PC HDMI Port after SLEEP mode: I have a windows 10 (1809, 17763.316) that the 2nd LCD works at boot time, but as soon as the PC goes into sleep mode the 2nd display never awakes. Only a reboot restores the 2nd display. It is only the HDMI port with this issue. The DisplayPort has no issues. I can reproduce...
  9. Fresh Install Windows 10 - Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh Install Windows 10 - Recovery Partition: Hi, I have an ASUS which came with 8.1 OEM. I upgraded to Win 10 and now am about to do a fresh install of Win 10 (using this tool: Windows 10) on it. It has 2 recovery partitions 20 GB and 500 MB. Q1. During fresh install, do I need to delete both recovery...
  10. Laptop + Windows 10 Fresh Install + Partitions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop + Windows 10 Fresh Install + Partitions: I have suspicions of issues on my daughters ASUS laptop. It has had some viruses recently and tbh I am just not comfortable with her using it now until I can wipe it and start it all afresh. I upgraded (the free update) from windows 8 to windows 10. Just so everything...