Windows 10: Windows 11 Fresh Install Surface Pro 8

Discus and support Windows 11 Fresh Install Surface Pro 8 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Okay this is frustrating.Side Note: I tried to upgrade a new Surface Pro 8 preinstalled with Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Professional through the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Carl-Camera, Nov 29, 2021.

1. Windows 11 Fresh Install Surface Pro 8

Okay this is frustrating.Side Note: I tried to upgrade a new Surface Pro 8 preinstalled with Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Professional through the Windows Store and it failed with a message like "this failed." I reboot the Surface Pro 8 and now it is Enterprise Edition -- and cannot be downgraded back to Home Edition -- I must reinstall from media. But that's just the backstory of how I got here.I'm trying to install Windows 11 from a bootable USB Drive on a Surface Pro 8Surface Pro 8 only has USB-C ports and my thumb drives, mouse, and keyboard are all USB-AI purchased a $24 Surface USB Ada

:)

Carl-Camera, Nov 29, 2021
  2. Ravenas Win User

Microsoft Surface with Windows 8 Pro Gets Priced

All of this doesn't matter what so ever. The fact is Windows 8 tablets are priced way too high. People are going to by the iPad long before they ever buy these simply because of price point. Microsoft had a great idea to have the same UI across all of their devices, but they are dead in the water due to price.

Ravenas, Nov 29, 2021
  3. Octavean Win User

The Asus Eee Slate EP121 Core i5 based Windows 7 tablet and Samsung Series 7 Windows 7 (Core i5) tablet series pricing were slightly more expensive then the Microsoft Surface Pro and other Windows 8 Pro tablets. So a price break is already there.

People suggesting The Microsoft Surface Pro and other Windows 8 Pro tablets should be cheaper seem to think or suggest that products like this never existed before or are unprecedented when they are in fact only the latest generation.

Or perhaps you are confusing them with cheaper less powerful ARM based tablets,…

This statement isn’t completely accurate or possibly outright wrong. You are likely confusing the Windows RT based Microsoft Surface tablet with the as of yet unreleased Surface Pro Windows 8 Pro tablet.

The average Windows 8 Pro 64bit install footprint is likely greater then 16GB. The Windows 8 Pro 32bit install footprint may fit into a 16GB envelope but I don’t think OEMs will choose to go that route. However, if the Microsoft Surface Pro is anything like the Asus Eee Slate EP121 Core i5 based tablet PC then the installed mSATA SSD is user upgradeable. I can upgrade the default OEM 64GB mSATA SSD on my Asus model to ~240GB / ~256GB or greater. I can also upgrade the Bluetooth / WiFi module to support IEEE 802.11ac,….

Octavean, Nov 29, 2021
  4. Octavean Win User

Windows 11 Fresh Install Surface Pro 8

With all due respect, I think you intended to say:
    However I can only guess you didn’t understand my post because I was only suggesting that people who take the time to read and post in tech forums will likely be able to tell the difference and that general consumers probably wouldn’t.

Microsoft may have released full specs on the Surface Pro but I don’t recall seeing a full spec sheet. For example, “Intel Core i5 Ivy Bridge CPU” doesn’t specify a model and CPU model would be a factor in overall price. This wouldn’t matter if there is only one Core i5 Ivy Bridge mobile CPU though (i5-3360M, i5-3320M, i5-3427U).

Furthermore your suggesting that OEM’s will release Windows 8 Pro tablets and laptops and undercut the pricing suggests that you are unaware that OEM’s have already released products. For what its worth there is a range (Atom, i3, i5 and for laptops i7) but the pricing is similar to Microsoft’s offering in the Surface Pro for similar OEM hardware in the same form-factor. An example of this is Acer Iconia Tab W700 series, Acer Iconia Tab W500 series, Samsung ATIV SmartPC Pro XE500xx, Samsung ATIV SmartPC Pro XE700xx,….

As I stated before though, when you shrink the product you often pay more money with respect to processing power. So comparing a general 17”, 15” or 13” laptop to a sub 11” screen PC touch tablet isn’t the same thing.

Octavean, Nov 29, 2021
Thema:

Windows 11 Fresh Install Surface Pro 8

1. Windows 11 Fresh Install Surface Pro 8 - Similar Threads - Fresh Install Surface

2. Installing Windows 10 Pro on Surface Pro 8 that came with Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing Windows 10 Pro on Surface Pro 8 that came with Windows 11: I have five Surface Pro 8s that have Win11 on them and I need to downgrade to Win10 Pro. The problem I am having is when I boot from the installation media, the keyboard and the touch screen do not work to proceed through the installation media. Is there any other way to...
  3. Installing Windows 10 Pro on Surface Pro 8 that came with Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing Windows 10 Pro on Surface Pro 8 that came with Windows 11: I have five Surface Pro 8s that have Win11 on them and I need to downgrade to Win10 Pro. The problem I am having is when I boot from the installation media, the keyboard and the touch screen do not work to proceed through the installation media. Is there any other way to...
  4. Installing Windows 10 Pro on Surface Pro 8 that came with Windows 11

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 11 in Surface Pro 8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 in Surface Pro 8: I have major problems with my new Surface Pro 8 and Windows 11. I have updated everything what MS offer for updating.Escpecially the world wide commonly used Apps "Press Reader" and "Duolingo" crash from time to time.Earlier I had a Surface Pro 4 with windows 10, we also have...
  6. Windows 11 in Surface Pro 8

Windows 11 in Surface Pro 8: I have major problems with my new Surface Pro 8 and Windows 11. I have updated everything what MS offer for updating.Escpecially the world wide commonly used Apps "Press Reader" and "Duolingo" crash from time to time.Earlier I had a Surface Pro 4 with windows 10, we also have...
  7. BSOD on Windows 11 on Surface Pro 8 0x0000001a

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on Windows 11 on Surface Pro 8 0x0000001a: Hi everyoneI got a new Surface Pro 8 with windows 11 preinstalled and I use mostly Office 365, Teams, Firefox and Citrix Workspaceapp on it to do my daily work. When I have all these Applications open, I randomly get e systemfreeze or a bsod mostly 0x0000000a, but last time...
  8. Windows 11 Fresh Install Surface Pro 8

Windows 11 Fresh Install Surface Pro 8: Okay this is frustrating.Side Note: I tried to upgrade a new Surface Pro 8 preinstalled with Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Professional through the Windows Store and it failed with a message like "this failed." I reboot the Surface Pro 8 and now it is Enterprise Edition --...
  9. MS Surface Pro 8 Windows 11 Pro Activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Surface Pro 8 Windows 11 Pro Activation: I purchased a new Surface Pro 8 and it comes with Windows 11 Home. I use it for work that uses Microsoft 365 and AD and home does not support work accounts. I logged in using a personal account, went through the steps to purchase Windows 11 Pro through the MS store through...
  10. MS Surface Pro 8 Windows 11 Pro Activation

MS Surface Pro 8 Windows 11 Pro Activation: I purchased a new Surface Pro 8 and it comes with Windows 11 Home. I use it for work that uses Microsoft 365 and AD and home does not support work accounts. I logged in using a personal account, went through the steps to purchase Windows 11 Pro through the MS store through...