Windows 10: Windows 11, full screen magnifier, perfectly sharp then goes blurry when mouse moves down...

Discus and support Windows 11, full screen magnifier, perfectly sharp then goes blurry when mouse moves down... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I have low vision, so I rely on the Magnifier function built into Windows 11. It is configured to the "full screen" mode; I don't use "lens mode" or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PeteTtime, Jan 28, 2023.

1. PeteTtime Win User

Windows 11, full screen magnifier, perfectly sharp then goes blurry when mouse moves down...

Hi,I have low vision, so I rely on the Magnifier function built into Windows 11. It is configured to the "full screen" mode; I don't use "lens mode" or the other modes. The magnifier is active all the time I use the computer.The magnified screen is pixel-perfect, nice and crisp, and sharp. Even if I magnify up to 500% or more. The screen looks great and everything is easy to see.There is a problem, though. If I happen to move the mouse down towards the bottom of the screen. When the taskbar comes into view suddenly the screen is no longer sharp, and everything becomes blurry. Then, as I

:)

PeteTtime, Jan 28, 2023

2. Why is Magnifier causing mouse lag on Windows 10 ?

Hi Cort,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you facing this issue only with the browser?
    2. What is the make and model number of your computer and the version of your Windows 10 computer? (To check the version of your Windows 10, you can refer
      See which version of Windows 10 you have).
    3. What is the make and model number of the mouse?
    4. Are you facing the same issue when out of Docked Mode?

You can use Magnifier in three different views: full screen,
    lens, or docked. To change views, use the
    Views
    menu on the Magnifier toolbar.

Docked view works on the desktop. In this view, Magnifier is anchored to your screen. As you move around the screen, parts of the screen are magnified in the docking area, even though the main part of the screen is unchanged.

I suggest you to check if you have the Docked view enabled by using the
    Views menu on the Magnifier toolbar.

For reference, you may also Use Magnifier to make things on the screen
    easier to see
    and check the settings for the magnifier.

Meanwhile, try the below methods and check if the issue persists.

Method 1:
    Performing a Clean Boot.

I suggest you to put your computer in a
    Clean Boot State
    and check if the mouse lag is still present while the
    computer is in Clean Boot.

Note: A Clean Boot starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program. Your computer may
    temporarily lose some functionality while in a clean boot environment, however, that functionality will return when you reset the computer to start normally after you have finished your troubleshooting.

If the Clean Boot works, then don't forget to place the computer to normal boot by going to
    Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting section in the Clean Boot link.

To determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot, please refer to the section
    How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot from the above Clean Boot article.

If the issue persists in Clean Boot, then follow Method 2.

Method 2:
    Updating Graphics and Mouse Drivers.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in
    Update drivers in Windows 10
    and update the Graphics Card drivers as well the drivers
    for the mouse as outdated graphics drivers might also cause this issue.

We’ll be waiting for your response.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jan 28, 2023
  3. Anne Fuj Win User
    Need a better screen magnifier

Hi,

To help you resolve this, kindly follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows logo + U
      at the same time.
    • Click on Start Magnifier.

You can click the Start Magnifier from the Control Panel windows to see the options to magnify the screen. Under
    Views, you can set it to Full screen, Lens or
    Docked.

You may also drag to position the Magnifier window anywhere on the desktop/screen.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anne Fuj, Jan 28, 2023
  4. Windows 11, full screen magnifier, perfectly sharp then goes blurry when mouse moves down...

magnifier on Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to turn off the magnifier and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “ease of access”.
    • Then under the “magnifier” option “turn off” it.

Or also you can press the keys “Windows+Esc” and the magnifier will be closed.

For more information regarding magnifier refer to the below article and check if it helps.

Use Magnifier to make things on the screen easier to see - Microsoft Support

Note: Also applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 28, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11, full screen magnifier, perfectly sharp then goes blurry when mouse moves down...

1. Windows 11, full screen magnifier, perfectly sharp then goes blurry when mouse moves down... - Similar Threads - full screen magnifier

2. Windows 11, full screen magnifier, perfectly sharp then goes blurry when mouse moves down...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11, full screen magnifier, perfectly sharp then goes blurry when mouse moves down...: Hi,I have low vision, so I rely on the Magnifier function built into Windows 11. It is configured to the "full screen" mode; I don't use "lens mode" or the other modes. The magnifier is active all the time I use the computer.The magnified screen is pixel-perfect, nice and...
  3. screen flickering when moving mouse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen flickering when moving mouse: Hello! I am currently having an issue where after I close my computerLaptop from using it and wait some time and re-open it; when I use my mousepad or external mouse the screen flickers. Once it flickers if I don't move the mouse from that position then the screen stays...
  4. screen flickering when moving mouse

screen flickering when moving mouse: Hello! I am currently having an issue where after I close my computerLaptop from using it and wait some time and re-open it; when I use my mousepad or external mouse the screen flickers. Once it flickers if I don't move the mouse from that position then the screen stays...
  5. when i move my mouse to the left if goes right and when i move it to right it goes up...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    when i move my mouse to the left if goes right and when i move it to right it goes up...: what should i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-move-my-mouse-to-the-left-if-goes-right-and/1920da3d-7e9c-4f42-ba18-01a29d60f699
  6. when i move my mouse to the left if goes right and when i move it to right it goes up...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i move my mouse to the left if goes right and when i move it to right it goes up...: what should i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-move-my-mouse-to-the-left-if-goes-right-and/1920da3d-7e9c-4f42-ba18-01a29d60f699
  7. when i move my mouse to the left if goes right and when i move it to right it goes up...

8. when in full screen like gaming things pop up when mouse moved to the edge of the screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    when in full screen like gaming things pop up when mouse moved to the edge of the screen: when in full screen like gaming things pop up when mouse moved to the edge of the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-in-full-screen-like-gaming-things-pop-up-when/2d2a1c43-860e-408d-90ba-d5a9dee2aeae
  9. Move mouse pointer to 2nd monitor when in full-screen mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Move mouse pointer to 2nd monitor when in full-screen mode: I have dual monitors. Let's say I'm playing a game in full-screen on monitor 1. Is there a keyboard shortcut that let's me instantly move the mouse to monitor 2, without closing/minimising the game running in full-screen on monitor 1? Or "unlock" the mouse so that dragging...
  10. Screen goes blurry often,

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen goes blurry often,: [img] im not sure what causes it but it happens on alot of windows and it'll flicker between clear and blurry its been doing it for awhile, i've tried reinstalling drivers, activating cleartype, and trying different scaleing options it doesnt help, anyone else got any...