Windows 10: Windows 11 goes to blue screen when installing Video Driver for NVIDIA

Discus and support Windows 11 goes to blue screen when installing Video Driver for NVIDIA in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have recently updated to windows 11, and it all worked fine until I tried connecting an external screen, the HDMI did not recognize the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Gilvan123456, Nov 22, 2022.

1. Windows 11 goes to blue screen when installing Video Driver for NVIDIA

Hi, I have recently updated to windows 11, and it all worked fine until I tried connecting an external screen, the HDMI did not recognize the projector, nor any other screen/projector. I looked at the device manager and found out the graphics adapter was not correctly installed, I have a Lenovo Legion, with an NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050, so I downloaded the drivers from the manufacturer's site, it started installing fine, finished and prompted for restart, however upon restart as soon as I logged on, the screen went blue reporting error and restarting, and after a restart, it was not able to acce

:)

Gilvan123456, Nov 22, 2022

2. PC goes into black screen and froze

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's not a software related issue which is why I was suggesting that you remove the video card to start with since it's such an easy process of elimination step.

I'm not familiar with AMD CPUs, I did see that you had listed in your system specs but I had no idea whether or not it has an iGPU

Is there any possibility of you being able to get your hands on any compatible video card at all?it would be the easiest step to try to troubleshoot or at least one of the easier ones. You should be able to get into the bios without anything but A display cable hooked up to the motherboard

jboydgolfer, Nov 22, 2022
  3. Fox34 Win User
    I cant get drivers to install

Read my guide, goes step buy step for nvidia driver install. Though I use a different driver cause I got 8 series, same method of installation

Fox34, Nov 22, 2022
  4. Roan T Win User

Windows 11 goes to blue screen when installing Video Driver for NVIDIA

Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Nov 22, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 goes to blue screen when installing Video Driver for NVIDIA

1. Windows 11 goes to blue screen when installing Video Driver for NVIDIA - Similar Threads - goes blue screen

2. Blue Screen of Death - Possibly NVIDIA Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen of Death - Possibly NVIDIA Driver: Hi all,I have been having some BSOD errors on my computer. They started out as KERNEL MODE HEAP CORRUPTION and BAD POOL CALLER. I tried working through the typical steps scan with SFC, Scan with dism.exe, and check RAM. I would have the BSOD come up a few times within an hour...
  3. Blue Screen of Death - Possibly NVIDIA Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen of Death - Possibly NVIDIA Driver: Hi all,I have been having some BSOD errors on my computer. They started out as KERNEL MODE HEAP CORRUPTION and BAD POOL CALLER. I tried working through the typical steps scan with SFC, Scan with dism.exe, and check RAM. I would have the BSOD come up a few times within an hour...
  4. Blue Screen of Death - Possibly NVIDIA Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Blue screen when installing amd driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen when installing amd driver: Hello! I am a amd GPU and processor user. I use msi bravo 15 b5dd with mx 5500 gpu. My Windows 11 keeps replacing my gpu driver is my first problem. I tried fix it from device manager etc and it didn't work. And now, when I re installing my gpu driver, it crashed and blue...
  6. Blue screen when installing amd driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen when installing amd driver: Hello! I am a amd GPU and processor user. I use msi bravo 15 b5dd with mx 5500 gpu. My Windows 11 keeps replacing my gpu driver is my first problem. I tried fix it from device manager etc and it didn't work. And now, when I re installing my gpu driver, it crashed and blue...
  7. Windows 11 goes to blue screen when installing Video Driver for NVIDIA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 goes to blue screen when installing Video Driver for NVIDIA: Hi, I have recently updated to windows 11, and it all worked fine until I tried connecting an external screen, the HDMI did not recognize the projector, nor any other screen/projector. I looked at the device manager and found out the graphics adapter was not correctly...
  8. BSOD when installing nvidia drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD when installing nvidia drivers: Earlier I was trying to update to Nvidia's new driver when the installation was almost at its end my pc crashed and kept giving me BSOD. After trying everything from system recovery I had to install clean windows but now I can't seem to install my GPU driver even the old ones...
  9. Screen Goes Black When Installing AMD Display Driver

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen Goes Black When Installing AMD Display Driver: When installing the AMD display diver my screen becomes black. My computer does do anything and I have to manually turn it off and turn it on again. When this happens and my computer boots up again the driver is not installed. I ran DDU before I tried installing the driver....
  10. Clean install and automatic video card driver install (nvidia)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install and automatic video card driver install (nvidia): Sorry if this has been addressed already (a search didn't yield exactly what I was looking for). I'm planning on doing a clean install of Win10 next weekend after upgrading from 7 x64 Pro. I'm wondering if anybody has a detailed account on what happens after the first load of...