Windows 10: Windows 11 hangs/bluescreens on boot

Discus and support Windows 11 hangs/bluescreens on boot in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Out of nowhere, the Win11 partition on my laptop has started hanging on boot. It just sits on the spinning dots indefinitely. Hard powering and trying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by jakint0sh, May 23, 2024.

1. jakint0sh Win User

Windows 11 hangs/bluescreens on boot

Out of nowhere, the Win11 partition on my laptop has started hanging on boot. It just sits on the spinning dots indefinitely. Hard powering and trying to boot again gets it to show "Preparing Automatic Repair", load for a few seconds, then bluescreen and throw "DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION". And then it reboots and the vicious cycle repeats until the end of time.So, instead of being content with my eternal suffering, I downloaded Win11_23H2_English_x64v2.iso, wrote it out to a USB stick and booted that. I was greeted by the familiar Win7-styled indigo-background installer, however without

:)

jakint0sh, May 23, 2024
  2. subandi Win User

HD 6870 Bluescreen, cannot boot to Windows

Hello, I'm confused about what happened to my graphics card

It suddenly crashed while I was playing game, and then it cannot boot to Windows. Encountered bluescreen which says something about atikmpag.sys error.

I can still boot to safe mode, and tried to uninstall the driver. Only then I can boot to Windows.

But I can't seem to get the driver installed correctly again. I've used driver sweeper, and CCleaner to kinda make sure nothing left in the registry.

Everytime I installed the driver and restart the computer, the bluescreen returns. Forcing me to uninstall it to make it working (able to boot to windows) again.

It's working if I put another graphics card (I have a spare HD5750) so I just assumed that my HD6870 died because of a hardware issue.

But really, what happened to my HD6870? Is there any chance to fix the problem?

Thanks

subandi, May 23, 2024
  3. Joe1VX Win User
    Windows11 suggested update to Windows11 cause bluescreen. Can someone help?

Did a windows 11 update to my windows 11 laptop and it has bluescreeed. Recovery and restore both fail. All laptop checks pass. Boot from recommended HP Cloud recovery and windows recovery usbs tried both fail. Stuck with a 1 yr old bluescreens laptop that will not boot to Windows. Can someone suggest next steps or share experience?

Joe1VX, May 23, 2024
  4. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, May 23, 2024
Thema:

1. Windows 11 hangs/bluescreens on boot - Similar Threads - hangs bluescreens boot

2. Windows 11 hangs/bluescreens on boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 hangs/bluescreens on boot: Out of nowhere, the Win11 partition on my laptop has started hanging on boot. It just sits on the spinning dots indefinitely. Hard powering and trying to boot again gets it to show "Preparing Automatic Repair", load for a few seconds, then bluescreen and throw...
  3. Why my windows 11 boots slow and hangs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my windows 11 boots slow and hangs?: My HP 15q-bu105tx model laptop hangs repeatedly. I updated drivers and also reset pc but still, facing same problem. My laptop takes 13 minutes to boot. I also tried defragmentation of c drive. I disabled all background apps at start up. I also made every possible update to...
  4. Why my windows 11 boots slow and hangs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my windows 11 boots slow and hangs?: My HP 15q-bu105tx model laptop hangs repeatedly. I updated drivers and also reset pc but still, facing same problem. My laptop takes 13 minutes to boot. I also tried defragmentation of c drive. I disabled all background apps at start up. I also made every possible update to...
  5. Windows Hanging during boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Hanging during boot: Hello,I have an embedded Dell 3000 running Win 10 21H2 that just hangs occasionally while booting right after POST. I have tried a number of things to get this corrected but I am running out of luck and options. Does anyone have any other ideas?Here are the things I have...
  6. Windows Hanging during boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hanging during boot: Hello,I have an embedded Dell 3000 running Win 10 21H2 that just hangs occasionally while booting right after POST. I have tried a number of things to get this corrected but I am running out of luck and options. Does anyone have any other ideas?Here are the things I have...
  7. Windows 10 hangs on boot

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 hangs on boot: My toshiba satellite this morning displayed a diognosing message that continues to run, am guessing I’m locked up. How do I return my laptop to normal operation? Step by step please, startin with how to power up in safe mode, assuming that is a starting point to remedy....
  8. Windows 10 hangs on boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 hangs on boot: My Windows 10 hangs up if I boot up after a shutdown. I have to reboot at least 3 times before I can enter my password. My interim solution to avoid this annoyance has been to NEVER let the machine go to sleep. However if I get a Windows update or experience a power outage, I...
  9. Windows 10 Boot Hang

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Boot Hang: I start the computer, I see the Asus Splash screen, it goes to the new Windows 10 Load screen with the new flag and the spinning dots..... It freezes. I hit my reset button and it boots fine.... Everytime... why? *Smile 31403
  10. Windows 10 Boot Hang

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Boot Hang: I have a brand new Dell laptop which had Windows 10 installed. After 2 weeks of use, it started hanging on startup. The 5 dots spin in a circle and then freeze. This happens during regular startup, and it also hangs the same way while loading System Maintenance (the automatic...