Windows 10: Windows 11 has destroyed my laptop

Discus and support Windows 11 has destroyed my laptop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Surface Book 2 and I did the auto update from Windows 10 to Windows 11. My laptop no longer boots. I downloaded the Surface book 2 rescue from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by las911, May 9, 2023.

1. las911 Win User

Windows 11 has destroyed my laptop

I have a Surface Book 2 and I did the auto update from Windows 10 to Windows 11. My laptop no longer boots. I downloaded the Surface book 2 rescue from the Microsoft website. I got the laptop to boot with the rescue disk burned to bootable USB. I get the menus for the recovery but not one mode of the rescue disk works. What do I do now?

:)

las911, May 9, 2023
  2. nkomp18 Win User

Windows 10 Installation completely destroyed my laptop

Hi there,

Maybe you didn't read? I had followed DELLs steps and the installation was successful.

Windows 10 destroyed my laptop randomly the next day, for no reason. It was working fine for a while. No driver issues or anything like that.

The most frustrating this is that the only solution now is to find Windows 8, install, run all available updates and then install Windows 10. Something which will take many many hours and after it is done might, again, destroy my laptop again for no reason.

nkomp18, May 9, 2023
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, May 9, 2023
  4. Windows 11 has destroyed my laptop

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 9, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11 has destroyed my laptop

1. Windows 11 has destroyed my laptop - Similar Threads - has destroyed laptop

2. windows 11 destroyed my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 destroyed my laptop: Here we go again.Hello I am currently having a problem with my display on my laptop, there is a white light/ smear of white light at the edge of my display, I don't know what it is or what caused it. I down know if it will get worse or not.it looks like its getting worst...It...
  3. windows 11 destroyed my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 destroyed my laptop: Here we go again.Hello I am currently having a problem with my display on my laptop, there is a white light/ smear of white light at the edge of my display, I don't know what it is or what caused it. I down know if it will get worse or not.it looks like its getting worst...It...
  4. Windows 11 has destroyed my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 has destroyed my laptop: I have a Surface Book 2 and I did the auto update from Windows 10 to Windows 11. My laptop no longer boots. I downloaded the Surface book 2 rescue from the Microsoft website. I got the laptop to boot with the rescue disk burned to bootable USB. I get the menus for the...
  5. Why has Microsoft destroyed Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has Microsoft destroyed Windows 11?: I was a big fan of Windows 10. I liked being able to use some of the leftover windows 7 programs but Windows 11 changed that. Several of my older programs no longer exist on my computer. I still prefer the Windows 7 version of photo viewer. Everything Microsoft created since...
  6. Why has Microsoft destroyed Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why has Microsoft destroyed Windows 11?: I was a big fan of Windows 10. I liked being able to use some of the leftover windows 7 programs but Windows 11 changed that. Several of my older programs no longer exist on my computer. I still prefer the Windows 7 version of photo viewer. Everything Microsoft created since...
  7. Windows 10 destroyed my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 destroyed my laptop: I downloaded a windows update. I now get a blue/blank screen. Nothing I do corrects it. One perfectly good computer now unuseable. Thanks for nothing Microsoft....
  8. Destroyed my laptop...

Destroyed my laptop...: I am disabled and accidently fell on my Dell laptop cracking the screen and bending the casing out of whack. The hard drive is still good. I just ordered a new laptop and want to install my old SSD drive into the new machine. It is a 2TB drive. I am sure the new machine...
  9. Windows update destroyed my laptop.

Windows update destroyed my laptop.: So last night I got a message that I needed to update. I clicked to update and the whole screen went black. Nothing works. If I turn it on there are 8 beeps. I'm afraid that as far as I'm concerned, if company's product breaks something, I expect them to fix or replace....
  10. windows has destroyed my computer

windows has destroyed my computer: I downloaded my free upgrade and now my computer is stuck in a loop - blue screen/black screen. Tech support was useless. Why is Windows allowed to put out a product that does not work and we have to pay to repair? It would be so nice if someone started a class-action lawsuit...