Windows 10: Windows 11 - Hello Sign in not working

Discus and support Windows 11 - Hello Sign in not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Windows 11 stopped accepting my finger-print to sign in probably after a Windows update. Now the Hello sign in options all show "This option is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MartinOssip, Jan 31, 2022.

1. Windows 11 - Hello Sign in not working

My Windows 11 stopped accepting my finger-print to sign in probably after a Windows update. Now the Hello sign in options all show "This option is currently unavailable" - so I cannot change anything. Strangely, it allows me to sign in with my old PIN even though it says the option is currently not available. I wonder what currently means?_I have tried uninstalling the Hello Sign in app and reinstalling. Also uninstalling the finger print reader.Can this be fixed? Has anyone else had this?

:)

MartinOssip, Jan 31, 2022

2. My hello sign in stopped working.

Hi,

This problem that started after installing the last Windows update might be caused by outdated or corrupted device drivers. For us to better assist you, we'll be needing additional information:

• Are you pertaining on Windows Hello sign-in? If yes, does it mean that the facial recognition is not working?
    • Is there an error message displayed when using Windows Hello?

Meanwhile, it is better to check the status of Windows Hello sign-in option in your computer. To check the Windows Hello status, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Accounts from the list.
    • Select Sign-in options in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Windows Hello, kindly check the status of it.

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest keeping the device drivers like camera driver up-to-date. For your reference, check this article on how to
    update drivers in Windows 10.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Jan 31, 2022
  3. Arun B J Win User
    IE 11 not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Explorer.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jan 31, 2022
  4. Windows 11 - Hello Sign in not working

Face sign in is missing in windows hello

Hi Suvajit,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your query, I suggest you to change the Sign In option and check if it helps.

To change Sign In option, follow the below steps.

• Type Setting in the search area on the taskbar and select
      Settings.

• Select Accounts.

• Select Sign In option on the left panel.

Reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 31, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 - Hello Sign in not working

1. Windows 11 - Hello Sign in not working - Similar Threads - Hello Sign working

2. Windows 11 Hello Sign in Features not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Hello Sign in Features not working: My fingerprint sign in and facial sign are not working. The message says that this feature is not available as there is no compatible finger print sensor. I have tried almost all solutions available online. Please someone with exact issue to respond with solution....
  3. Windows 11 Hello Sign in Features not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Hello Sign in Features not working: My fingerprint sign in and facial sign are not working. The message says that this feature is not available as there is no compatible finger print sensor. I have tried almost all solutions available online. Please someone with exact issue to respond with solution....
  4. Windows Hello Sign In not working at all

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Sign In not working at all: Ok so i have fingerprint and a pin set up to log in but i can only use my account password and idk how to change it to use fingerprint or pin. When i try to use fingerprint it plays a fail sound but no prompt on screen....
  5. Windows Hello Sign In not working at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Sign In not working at all: Ok so i have fingerprint and a pin set up to log in but i can only use my account password and idk how to change it to use fingerprint or pin. When i try to use fingerprint it plays a fail sound but no prompt on screen....
  6. Windows Hello Sign In not working at all

7. Windows Hello Fingerprint sign-in not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Fingerprint sign-in not working: I am on a laptop running Windows 11.When I try to sign in to my computer using the Windows Hello fingerprint reader, I get a message saying "Something went wrong on our end" so I must use my PIN instead. I deleted the fingerprint and tried to set it up again through Settings,...
  8. Windows Hello Fingerprint sign-in not working

Windows Hello Fingerprint sign-in not working: I am on a laptop running Windows 11.When I try to sign in to my computer using the Windows Hello fingerprint reader, I get a message saying "Something went wrong on our end" so I must use my PIN instead. I deleted the fingerprint and tried to set it up again through Settings,...
  9. Windows 11 - Hello Sign in not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Hello Sign in not working: My Windows 11 stopped accepting my finger-print to sign in probably after a Windows update. Now the Hello sign in options all show "This option is currently unavailable" - so I cannot change anything. Strangely, it allows me to sign in with my old PIN even though it says the...
  10. windows hello sign in fingerprint is not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows hello sign in fingerprint is not working: im using asus s510unr model, form the past 20days my fingerprint is not working after i updated the windows which has pop-up 20days back. in signin setting it is showing this option is currently unavailable. i have tried 1. updated to the latest version in asus web site...