Windows 10: Windows 11 Hibernate Issues.

Discus and support Windows 11 Hibernate Issues. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I upgraded my laptop to Windows 11 3 days ago and I am having a lot of issues with hibernating my laptop. Every time I now hibernate my laptop,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by lexis_700, Jan 28, 2022.

1. lexis_700 Win User

Windows 11 Hibernate Issues.

Hello, I upgraded my laptop to Windows 11 3 days ago and I am having a lot of issues with hibernating my laptop. Every time I now hibernate my laptop, when I resume it I find that all my programs have been closed, which beats the purpose of hibernation. Ever since I bought my laptop in 2020 with Windows 10, I have always hibernated it when leaving my job so that I can continue working when I get home. I have never had issues with hibernation in Windows 10. After the upgrade it is just closing all my programs, including my virtual machines which I have lots of work in them. In addition to that,

:)

lexis_700, Jan 28, 2022

2. Windows 10 Hibernate problems

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if for any power components change status.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View All from the left side panel of the window.
    • Select Power from the options, click on Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.
    • Check for the missing/corrupted power component status of the troubleshooter, close the window and check if the issue is resolved.
    You can follow the step by step guide to
    enable hibernate option in windows 10

Swapnil Kharche, Jan 28, 2022
  3. Missing hibernate button

Hi Yusak,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. Will you be able to provide the exact error message that you recieved?

We suggest that you try to enable hibernation on your device using the Command Prompt.

To make hibernation available, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
    • In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate on, and then press Enter.
    • Type exit, and then press Enter to close the Command Prompt window.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Jan 28, 2022
  4. Windows 11 Hibernate Issues.

hibernating windows 10

Hi Henry,

We appreciate your time and effort to get back to us.

I suggest you to enable the Hibernate option from power settings and check if you are able to access the Hibernate in power options. Follow the below steps.

Please try the steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.

• Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.

• Click on the Choose what power buttons do on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable (Enter the admin credentials if prompted)

• Check the Hibernate box.

• Click on Save changes.

• Restart the computer.

• Check if you are able to see the Hibernate option in power options
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jan 28, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 Hibernate Issues.

1. Windows 11 Hibernate Issues. - Similar Threads - Hibernate Issues

2. Sleep / Hibernate Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep / Hibernate Issues: Hi all - I have a new HP Spectre laptop and am having a strange issue. I have seen several others post on similar things but not exactly this one.I noticed that when I close the lid of my laptop it will not go into Sleep or Hibernate regardless of which setting I choose. Yes...
  3. Sleep / Hibernate Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep / Hibernate Issues: Hi all - I have a new HP Spectre laptop and am having a strange issue. I have seen several others post on similar things but not exactly this one.I noticed that when I close the lid of my laptop it will not go into Sleep or Hibernate regardless of which setting I choose. Yes...
  4. Flow x16 with Windows 11 - Hibernate & Shutdown issue - PC won't wake up from hibernate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flow x16 with Windows 11 - Hibernate & Shutdown issue - PC won't wake up from hibernate: Hello everyone,recently I have been experiencing an issue with the hibernate & shutdown states of my Flow X16 laptop. I will try to explain my issue in as much detail as possible, but if I forget to address something please point it out so I can provide anyone with more info....
  5. Flow x16 with Windows 11 - Hibernate & Shutdown issue - PC won't wake up from hibernate

Flow x16 with Windows 11 - Hibernate & Shutdown issue - PC won't wake up from hibernate: Hello everyone,recently I have been experiencing an issue with the hibernate & shutdown states of my Flow X16 laptop. I will try to explain my issue in as much detail as possible, but if I forget to address something please point it out so I can provide anyone with more info....
  6. Troubleshooting hibernation issue: long time to power off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubleshooting hibernation issue: long time to power off: Hi.Whenever my PC is sent into hibernation, it normally takes few seconds. System drive is an SSD NVMe M.2, 16 GB RAM. But sometimes, it takes extraordinary much longer, e.g . 1-3 minutes without an obvious reason. That means, memory usage is low to average.I've used WPR to...
  7. Troubleshooting hibernation issue: long time to power off

Troubleshooting hibernation issue: long time to power off: Hi.Whenever my PC is sent into hibernation, it normally takes few seconds. System drive is an SSD NVMe M.2, 16 GB RAM. But sometimes, it takes extraordinary much longer, e.g . 1-3 minutes without an obvious reason. That means, memory usage is low to average.I've used WPR to...
  8. Troubleshooting hibernation issue: long time to power off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Waking and Hibernate issues with new Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Waking and Hibernate issues with new Laptop: Hello I recently purchased a new laptop running windows 11 and found that If I select the external mouse NOT to wake the PC in Power Management tab in properties, it continues to wake it. I tried different brands both wired and wireless and all showed the same issue.If I...
  10. Waking and Hibernate issues with new Laptop

Waking and Hibernate issues with new Laptop: Hello I recently purchased a new laptop running windows 11 and found that If I select the external mouse NOT to wake the PC in Power Management tab in properties, it continues to wake it. I tried different brands both wired and wireless and all showed the same issue.If I...