Windows 10: Windows 11 HOME - PIN Issue

Discus and support Windows 11 HOME - PIN Issue in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 11 HOME - Can't use PIN to sign in and when I try to set a new one, I get the something went wrong error code. Need way to fix this. Thank you.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BrettJones3, Apr 11, 2024.

1. Windows 11 HOME - PIN Issue

Windows 11 HOME - Can't use PIN to sign in and when I try to set a new one, I get the something went wrong error code. Need way to fix this. Thank you.

:)

BrettJones3, Apr 11, 2024

2. Windows 11 - Windows hello PIN and Camera face recognition do not work

Hi,

Windows 11 - Windows hello PIN and Camera face recognition do not work, for both of them, when reaching the final step, the window closes before saying completed, and nothing happens

Steps to replicate on my PC - WIN 11:

1. Situation 1 - Trying to change PIN:
      1. Settings - Accounts - Pin(Windows Hello)
      2. Although i'm currently using a PIN to log into my user, I only get 1 button: Setup
      3. Press Setup - Create a PIN - Next
      4. Making sure it's you - I add my PIN - Just a moment - the window closes, nothign happens
    2. Situation 2 - Trying to add Face recognition:
      1. Settings - Accounts - Facial recognition (Windows Hello) - Setup
      2. Welcome to Windows hello - Get started
      3. My face is scanned, i get a blue loading square, and dots on my things
      4. A couple more things
      5. Improbve recognition - if i skip this steps it does not make a difference
      6. A couple more things - Set up PIN
      7. Microsoft Account - Create a PIN - Next
      8. Making sure it's you - I add my PIN - Just a moment - the window closes, nothign happens
    I initially thought my webcam was the issue, but then chaging the PIN does not work either, and it has nothing to do with the camera

I talked with someone from support (support request number is 1056162110), and we tried different things until 3:30 AM my time, about 1:30 h.

On my laptop (win 10) with the same account, face recognition and PIN works, I have not tried to change them.

Is there any way to reset PIN on an account level? Or repair windows?

What else should i try?

DanielDumitru, Apr 11, 2024
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 11, 2024
  4. Windows 11 HOME - PIN Issue

Windows 11: PIN entry issue

Good Evening:

Quick and crazy question...

I have a new DELL XPS computer (Windows 11; Intel I7, 12th gen; 16 GB RAM; new Microsoft wireless keyboard/mouse). The computer has updated Windows 11 installed. The only issue I notice is this: When Windows 11 starts, I am asked to enter my PIN. When entering my PIN using my keyboard, there is quite a delay after hitting the keyboard key and the entry showing up in the PIN bar. I then have to clear the "partial PIN" entry, and re-enter the 4-digit PIN.

By the way, the delay is only observed during PIN entry. All other applications show no delay when using the keyboard.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

John

John M. L., Apr 11, 2024
Thema:

Windows 11 HOME - PIN Issue

1. Windows 11 HOME - PIN Issue - Similar Threads - HOME PIN Issue

2. Windows 11 home Activation issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 home Activation issue: I bought a gaming PC over a year ago from a retailer Currys - MSI MPG Infinite X2Recently the watermark to Activate windows has appeared.I have an OEM key which I got from ShowKeyPlus and another third party Software 'Belarc Advisor' confirms the same key.I thought simple...
  3. Windows 11 home Activation issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 home Activation issue: I bought a gaming PC over a year ago from a retailer Currys - MSI MPG Infinite X2Recently the watermark to Activate windows has appeared.I have an OEM key which I got from ShowKeyPlus and another third party Software 'Belarc Advisor' confirms the same key.I thought simple...
  4. Windows 11 HOME - PIN Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 HOME - PIN Issue: Windows 11 HOME - Can't use PIN to sign in and when I try to set a new one, I get the something went wrong error code. Need way to fix this. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-home-pin-issue/1c9602de-93e2-4635-8313-9287c7e9bc18
  5. PIN Sign in issues Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN Sign in issues Windows 11: My Windows Hello PIN isn't working, and I have no alternative password options. Every time I try to reset it, it shows me a window with the text below.Microsoft account×Something went wrongWe weren't able to set up your PIN. You can try again, or skip this step and set up a...
  6. PIN Sign in issues Windows 11

PIN Sign in issues Windows 11: My Windows Hello PIN isn't working, and I have no alternative password options. Every time I try to reset it, it shows me a window with the text below.Microsoft account×Something went wrongWe weren't able to set up your PIN. You can try again, or skip this step and set up a...
  7. Windows 11 home upgrade issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 home upgrade issue: I try to upgrade the Asus Vivo book S from Windows 11 home to windows 11 Pro.Current Windows version is Windows 11 Home 22H2So I bought upgrade key from amazon Microsoft store.But it's not upgrade into Pro versionIt shows the 0x80072EE2 error.So I googled and found hundreds...
  8. Windows 11 home upgrade issue

Windows 11 home upgrade issue: I try to upgrade the Asus Vivo book S from Windows 11 home to windows 11 Pro.Current Windows version is Windows 11 Home 22H2So I bought upgrade key from amazon Microsoft store.But it's not upgrade into Pro versionIt shows the 0x80072EE2 error.So I googled and found hundreds...
  9. Windows 11: PIN entry issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: PIN entry issue: Good Evening:Quick and crazy question...I have a new DELL XPS computer Windows 11; Intel I7, 12th gen; 16 GB RAM; new Microsoft wireless keyboard/mouse. The computer has updated Windows 11 installed. The only issue I notice is this: When Windows 11 starts, I am asked to enter...
  10. Windows 11: PIN entry issue

Windows 11: PIN entry issue: Good Evening:Quick and crazy question...I have a new DELL XPS computer Windows 11; Intel I7, 12th gen; 16 GB RAM; new Microsoft wireless keyboard/mouse. The computer has updated Windows 11 installed. The only issue I notice is this: When Windows 11 starts, I am asked to enter...