Windows 10: Windows 11 Home - Surface Laptop 3 - Security

Discus and support Windows 11 Home - Surface Laptop 3 - Security in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm trying to improve security on my Surface Laptop 3. The drives are Bitlockered and I have set a UEFI password.But Windows Hello just won't work.I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ColinStone, Aug 7, 2022.

1. Windows 11 Home - Surface Laptop 3 - Security

I'm trying to improve security on my Surface Laptop 3. The drives are Bitlockered and I have set a UEFI password.But Windows Hello just won't work.I have enabled face recognition and PIN, but machine just starts up quite happily to my desktop wallpaper without me being anywhere near it. No face or PIN required. So it isn't very secure!!So far I have:Set up Windows Hello, removed it and re-set up.Added "AllowDomainPINLogon" to the registry.Deleted the Biometric devices and cameras and reinstalled drivers.TPM is set.All Windows updates are installed.So now at a loss why it won't work. My wif

:)

ColinStone, Aug 7, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Windows 11 Home - Surface Laptop 3 - Security :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Aug 7, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    Surface Laptop 3 with AMD Drivers and Firmware for Windows 10 Feb. 12

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...b-241e28c2236b

Brink, Aug 7, 2022
  4. Brink Win User

Windows 11 Home - Surface Laptop 3 - Security

Surface Laptop 3 AMD drivers and firmware for Windows 10 Windows 11

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/..._AMD_Processor

Manual download: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...aspx?id=100428

Brink, Aug 7, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 Home - Surface Laptop 3 - Security

1. Windows 11 Home - Surface Laptop 3 - Security - Similar Threads - Home Surface Laptop

2. Surface laptop 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface laptop 3: Yo guys I am looking for a portable triple monitor screen extender and i have a Surface laptop 3 so I am looking for advice from someone who has any knowledge on which one should i get i live in Canada and I want the best one can some one give me the top 5 options that would...
  3. Surface laptop 3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface laptop 3: Yo guys I am looking for a portable triple monitor screen extender and i have a Surface laptop 3 so I am looking for advice from someone who has any knowledge on which one should i get i live in Canada and I want the best one can some one give me the top 5 options that would...
  4. Windows 11 Home - Surface Laptop 3 - Security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Home - Surface Laptop 3 - Security: I'm trying to improve security on my Surface Laptop 3. The drives are Bitlockered and I have set a UEFI password.But Windows Hello just won't work.I have enabled face recognition and PIN, but machine just starts up quite happily to my desktop wallpaper without me being...
  5. No Audio on Surface Laptop 3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Audio on Surface Laptop 3: Hi, Not to long ago I opened up my surface laptop 3 to do some work, and after doing so, I noticed that there wasn't any audio coming out through the Laptop's speakers. I verified that the volume wasn't muted, reinstalled drivers, and made sure that there...
  6. Surface Laptop 3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Laptop 3: They say a Surface Laptop 3 battery should last about 11 hours. I know you will not get 11 hours but you should get something near that. If I am lucky I get 2 to 3 hours at the most out of mine I ordered the laptop November 3 2020 so it is still under Microsoft one year...
  7. Surface Laptop 3

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Laptop 3: I bought a Surface Laptop 3 today. After setting up a laptop updated, then I can not launch any setting apps like Settings, Personalisation etc. PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> ms-settings ms-settings : The term 'ms-settings' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function,...
  8. Surface Laptop 3 feet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Laptop 3 feet: Hi, i got my Surface Laptop 3 about 2 weeks ago and i'm wondering if i go into a Microsoft Store and try to get replacement feet as seen in other questions and answers where people say going to a Microsoft store would work, would the person who is trying to get replacement...
  9. Surface Laptop 3 Battery

Surface Laptop 3 Battery: Hi, I've recently bought: Microsoft 13.5 Intel Core i5 Surface Laptop 3 - 256GB - Black Advertised at 11.5 hours battery life, along with an expensive pricetag, I seem to be averaging about 5 hours of normal use litteraly microsoft edge and microsoft word. Any advice?...
  10. Surface Laptop 3

Surface Laptop 3: I recently bought the Surface Laptop 3, and I was wondering how long the battery usually lasts people. I am using it for high school classes, so nothing too serious should be using up the battery. I've been using it for about 4 hours and it went down about 40% already. The...