Windows 10: Windows 11 Home won't activate - thinks my new PC is just new hardware on my old PC

Discus and support Windows 11 Home won't activate - thinks my new PC is just new hardware on my old PC in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've built a new PC from scratch and installed Win11 Home via USB. I'm trying to activate it with a new genuine key. When I installed Win11, I allowed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Gareth Oakey, Jun 23, 2024.

1. Windows 11 Home won't activate - thinks my new PC is just new hardware on my old PC

I've built a new PC from scratch and installed Win11 Home via USB. I'm trying to activate it with a new genuine key. When I installed Win11, I allowed the process to carry across my OneDrive info from my account. Now when I go to activate Win11, I get an error: 'Windows reported that the hardware of your device has changed Error code 0x11C004F211. When I try to enter the new key, I get a similar error. When I try to go to the Store which is the only other option it says I can't upgrade from Win10 to Win 11 and offers an upgrade to Pro which I don't want.

:)

Gareth Oakey, Jun 23, 2024

2. Activating Windows on pc with new hardware

Im trying to activate windows on my pc with new hardware but I think I copied the product key wrong so it wont activate. I got windows 10 from a free update from 8.1. I cant seem to find my product key on my Microsoft account though my account does see
    both the old pc and this new one. is there anyway to get it activated on this pc and deactivated on the old since I no longer have that hardware?

JarretFerro, Jun 23, 2024
  3. A_Poplas Win User
    Issues with activating a new PC with digital licence tied to an account (Windows 11)

I've recently built a new PC without an OS and installed Windows 11 on it. Upon setting it up, I signed in with the same account as I was signed in with my old PC, which was also running Windows 11 Pro. Windows on the new PC, however, doesn't seem to be activated - I already tried running Activation Troubleshooter many times, and I also Reseted my old PC. When I use Activation Troubleshooter and use "I recently changed hardware on this device" my new PC is not on the list - I see my old PC and laptop, but the new device doesn't appear on the list.

I was also considering contacting Microsoft Support, but unfortunately they only offer phone calls and the moment.

Thanks for your assistance!

A_Poplas, Jun 23, 2024
  4. Windows 11 Home won't activate - thinks my new PC is just new hardware on my old PC

New PC, old drive. Will Win 11 activate ?

My old OEM branded PC died just out of Warranty and I replaced it with an exact model with exact specs.. Rather than go through setup I want to simply install my old drive into the new PC. Will Windows 11 activate if I do this. The replacement PC is brand new retail, not used, never activated.

ReverendWard, Jun 23, 2024
Thema:

Windows 11 Home won't activate - thinks my new PC is just new hardware on my old PC

1. Windows 11 Home won't activate - thinks my new PC is just new hardware on my old PC - Similar Threads - Home won't activate

2. Windows 11 Home won't activate - thinks my new PC is just new hardware on my old PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Home won't activate - thinks my new PC is just new hardware on my old PC: I've built a new PC from scratch and installed Win11 Home via USB. I'm trying to activate it with a new genuine key. When I installed Win11, I allowed the process to carry across my OneDrive info from my account. Now when I go to activate Win11, I get an error: 'Windows...
  3. My Windows Product Key Won't Activate on My New PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows Product Key Won't Activate on My New PC: Hi, I bought a Windows 7 CD that comes with the product key and have been using it without problem for 10+ years.I just built a new PC and connected my SSD with the Windows installed Windows 10 - free upgrade from the product key I own with Win 7 purchase. Now it says to...
  4. My Windows Product Key Won't Activate on My New PC

My Windows Product Key Won't Activate on My New PC: Hi, I bought a Windows 7 CD that comes with the product key and have been using it without problem for 10+ years.I just built a new PC and connected my SSD with the Windows installed Windows 10 - free upgrade from the product key I own with Win 7 purchase. Now it says to...
  5. My Windows Product Key Won't Activate on My New PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  6. Windows won't activate with new hardware

Windows won't activate with new hardware: Recently I have built a new PC and have installed a new copy of Windows 10 Home onto my new m.2 NVME SSD by USB drive I was having critical issues with running Windows on my original SSD following this new build, as it was constantly blue-screening with a...
  7. Activating Win 10 on an old PC with new hardware

Activating Win 10 on an old PC with new hardware: Hi Folks I have updated my 12 yr old PC with a faster processor and an SSD in the hope of being able to get Win 10 to boot in minutes rather than hours. Now the machine is back on my desk I have happily booted it with the old HDD albeit pretty slowly. Win 10 asked for an...
  8. Activating Windows on pc with new hardware

Activating Windows on pc with new hardware: Im trying to activate windows on my pc with new hardware but I think I copied the product key wrong so it wont activate. I got windows 10 from a free update from 8.1. I cant seem to find my product key on my Microsoft account though my account does see both the old pc and...
  9. WIndows won't activate on new pc

WIndows won't activate on new pc: So I built a new pc because I needed something new. On my old laptop, windows says it is activated with a digital license linked to a Microsoft account. I interpreted this as meaning that I can just login to the account on my new pc and the license would be transferred...
  10. Windows 10 won't activate on my new PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 won't activate on my new PC: Hey all, So, I recently built a new PC. After looking online, it seemed that all I had to do to move my Windows 10 Pro license across, was to link it to my Microsoft account on my old PC, then sign in with the same account on the new PC, and viola. Well, I tried that....