Windows 10: windows 11, how and should i change my DHCP address in router?

Discus and support windows 11, how and should i change my DHCP address in router? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, as you can probably figure, i am no whiz with computers. i am thrying to set up yawcam which uses my built in camera on laptop} as a monitor i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Wayne1889, Aug 19, 2022.

1. Wayne1889 Win User

windows 11, how and should i change my DHCP address in router?

Hello, as you can probably figure, i am no whiz with computers. i am thrying to set up yawcam which uses my built in camera on laptop} as a monitor i can access from my phone when i am away. problem i am currently having is in the setup screen for yawcam it automatically gets an ip address from DHCP which in my case the DHCP address starts with a 35. and not a 192. i know yawcam needs a 192. ip address because right below the field to add ip address it gives what the url is to view yawcam on internet and it starts with a 192. I've tried manually changing ip address in field in yawcam setting

:)

Wayne1889, Aug 19, 2022
  2. Mr Morgan Win User

DHCP renewal of IP address with ISP denied

Hello

I wonder if anyone can advise concerning a series of messages appearing in the logs of my two networked computers?

Examples of the messages:

• ON ALPHA: The IP address lease 192.168.0.3 for the Network Card with network address 0x0024E8F1F44F has been denied by the DHCP server 192.168.0.1 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).
    • On BETA: The IP address lease 192.168.0.2 for the Network Card with network address 0x7071BCA36DBF has been denied by the DHCP server 192.168.0.1 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).

The advent of either appears to kill my internet connection requiring a router restart. I should add that sometimes both PCs are on, but often only one is. In the latter case, the issue still occurs on the active PC, normally BETA because it is the more powerful of the two.

To describe this network, ALPHA is a Windows 7 32bit laptop, and BETA is a 64bit Windows 10 desktop. Both PCs are connected to the internet via a Netgear DC834GV3 router connected to my ISP.

ALPHA has LAN network address 192.168.0.3, and BETA is 192.168.0.2. The router is 192.168.0.1. A simple network map is displayed below:

windows 11, how and should i change my DHCP address in router? [​IMG]

Both PCs are getting on a bit but are still fully working. The PCs and router are powered off usually and the cables disconnected from the mains, but the messages still occur with the router left on but the PCs switched off.

Thanks

Mr Morgan, Aug 19, 2022
  3. Router & Modem WAN IP address questions

When you say "that router" not running DHCP, are you meaning my Router or theirs at the HE?

The initial problem was, that address was not passed along to the Router, not until I rebooted the Modem. I don't/didn't want to change the address, I wanted the Router to get it again preferably w/o rebooting the Modem.

If I did nothing, would the Router eventually get recognized again? And how long?
    Also, in that state, I could not access the Modem.

videobruce, Aug 19, 2022
  4. windows 11, how and should i change my DHCP address in router?

Finding IP address

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to find printer’s IP address:

1. Type Devices and Printers in the Windows search bar.
    2. Select on the printer and click on
      Manage.
    3. Click on the Ports tab.
      You will be able to find printer’s IP address under the ‘Ports’ tab.

Few printers also have a “Test print” option on the printer. When you print a test page from network printer, the page shows the IP address along with other details.

Note: If it is set on DHCP mode the IP address will constantly change.
    The IP address is assigned automatically by your router using a protocol called DHCP.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Aug 19, 2022
Thema:

windows 11, how and should i change my DHCP address in router?

1. windows 11, how and should i change my DHCP address in router? - Similar Threads - should change DHCP

2. problem to request new DHCP address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem to request new DHCP address: Hi,I have 14 different locations/offices in my company.Before each location was apart from each other. I had a fortigate firewall at each location, with dhcp server in the firewall.Now we changed the network and each location connect to the same firewall and DHCP server in...
  3. windows 11, how and should i change my DHCP address in router?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11, how and should i change my DHCP address in router?: Hello, as you can probably figure, i am no whiz with computers. i am thrying to set up yawcam which uses my built in camera on laptop} as a monitor i can access from my phone when i am away. problem i am currently having is in the setup screen for yawcam it automatically gets...
  4. How should I configure my DHCP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How should I configure my DHCP: There is a router with two interfaces, e0/1 – 192.168.50.1. e0/2 – 192.168.40.1, each of the interfaces are connected to two virtual local area networks which are e0/1 – vlan 5, e0/2 – vlan 4. There is one 24 port switch that has these two vlans. Port 1 to 12 : vlan 5, Port...
  5. How should I configure my DHCP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How should I configure my DHCP: There is a router with two interfaces, e0/1 – 192.168.50.1. e0/2 – 192.168.40.1, each of the interfaces are connected to two virtual local area networks which are e0/1 – vlan 5, e0/2 – vlan 4. There is one 24 port switch that has these two vlans. Port 1 to 12 : vlan 5, Port...
  6. How do I set up a laptop with a static address no DHCP for work WiFi network but DHCP for...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I set up a laptop with a static address no DHCP for work WiFi network but DHCP for...: I have a Windows 10 20H2 laptop that I use on several WiFi networks getting address settings by DHCP, but I also use it on a work network without DHCP, which uses static address settings. I have tried various ways of setting it up, and it seems that I have to manually create...
  7. Should I Replace My Router

Should I Replace My Router: Hi I am looking for advice regarding our router, not that there is anything wrong with it, far from it. No, what I am after is advice as to whether I should replace it for an up-to-date router. I have not had any security updates since about 2013 and also have reason to...
  8. How long should I expect my router to last?

How long should I expect my router to last?: I know it's a bit of a 'how long is a piece of string' question but what is a realistic router lifespan? I've had my netgear router for about 5 years now ... and I love it, it's so reliable, the dual band wifi is very decent, the firmware is rock solid, it never needs...
  9. Change Wifi Router Mac Address

Change Wifi Router Mac Address: How can I change my Cisco Cable Modem's Mac Address>*Biggrin 42984
  10. Will Switching to New Router Change IP Address?

Will Switching to New Router Change IP Address?: If I switch my current modem router for a new one, would my PC's IP address change or stay the same? Is this my public IP address my cable company assigns me? Would this public address change when switching to a new router? 80099