Windows 10: Windows 11 - How do I block a specific driver update?

Discus and support Windows 11 - How do I block a specific driver update? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have an ASUS laptop with an AMD CPU, and when some updates for the AMD drivers from ASUS are delivered, its through the Windows Update menu. Now, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by icee1234, Nov 4, 2022.

1. icee1234 Win User

Windows 11 - How do I block a specific driver update?

I have an ASUS laptop with an AMD CPU, and when some updates for the AMD drivers from ASUS are delivered, its through the Windows Update menu. Now, I am not 100% sure, but I am fairly confident this one driver update has been contributing to me have BSODs daily. Every time I reset the laptop and uninstall the AMD driver from ASUS, and then install directly from AMD's website, my laptop works fine, until it then wants to automatically install what I believe is a bad driver. Maybe this issue is related to something, maybe I'm misunderstanding the root cause. All I know is that the one from AMD's

:)

icee1234, Nov 4, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

[Windows 10] hide/prohibit install of specific Windows Update

I have never intentionally used windows to provide my device drivers (except for older printers without Vendor drivers for clients). I only manually update from the vendor websites. Will just have to make a list of things to disable/remove if I finally decide to load it up on a machine.

Ahhzz, Nov 4, 2022
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 4, 2022
  4. Windows 11 - How do I block a specific driver update?

Windows update Installing ELAN drivers insted of synaptics

Hi Anand,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to perform a Driver Roll Back so that the driver goes back to the previous (working) state.

Steps:-

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manager.
    • Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Properties.
    • Go to Driver tab.
    • Select Roll Back Driver.

Later, try the steps provided by Rohit Chettri in the below thread link to block the updates for that specific driver.

Redirecting

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Nov 4, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 - How do I block a specific driver update?

1. Windows 11 - How do I block a specific driver update? - Similar Threads - block specific driver

2. Blocking a Specific Driver with a GPO?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blocking a Specific Driver with a GPO?: Hello,Does anyone know if it is possible to disable a specific driver for an entire organization? My org is trying to make sure all devices have the Intel Smart Sound Technology for USB Audio disabled since it is causing issues with our Logitech Rally System. We are currently...
  3. Blocking a Specific Driver with a GPO?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocking a Specific Driver with a GPO?: Hello,Does anyone know if it is possible to disable a specific driver for an entire organization? My org is trying to make sure all devices have the Intel Smart Sound Technology for USB Audio disabled since it is causing issues with our Logitech Rally System. We are currently...
  4. How can I prevent automatic updating a specific driver in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I prevent automatic updating a specific driver in Windows 11?: amd error when windows update driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-prevent-automatic-updating-a-specific/5dec9048-21cb-43c1-b9ad-ea5fc3485f6b
  5. How can I prevent automatic updating a specific driver in Windows 11?

How can I prevent automatic updating a specific driver in Windows 11?: amd error when windows update driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-prevent-automatic-updating-a-specific/5dec9048-21cb-43c1-b9ad-ea5fc3485f6b
  6. Windows 11 - How do I block a specific driver update?

Windows 11 - How do I block a specific driver update?: I have an ASUS laptop with an AMD CPU, and when some updates for the AMD drivers from ASUS are delivered, its through the Windows Update menu. Now, I am not 100% sure, but I am fairly confident this one driver update has been contributing to me have BSODs daily. Every time I...
  7. How can I block a specific update on Active Directory?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I block a specific update on Active Directory?: On a domain, I'd like to block the update to windows 11 as we don't support it yet.A few of windows 10 computers have updated to 11, and 1 was successfully reverted, but it repeats updating weekly.I applied some global rules and policies on Pulseway but not sure it they would...
  8. How can I block a specific update on Active Directory?

How can I block a specific update on Active Directory?: On a domain, I'd like to block the update to windows 11 as we don't support it yet.A few of windows 10 computers have updated to 11, and 1 was successfully reverted, but it repeats updating weekly.I applied some global rules and policies on Pulseway but not sure it they would...
  9. How to block a specific windows update?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to block a specific windows update?: My PC worked fine. I went away for a few days. I came back and 2 updates applied KB45653351 and KB45653751. My pc now randomly hangs. I get a bing sound, and that's it, everything stops responding. If I try and uninstall either or both of those updates, the re-apply...
  10. How to block a driver update?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to block a driver update?: Hey Guys This new way of forcing updates is poorly thought out. A new touchpad driver keeps installing, which then causes the touchpad to stop working until I plug in an external mouse and roll back the driver! Is there a way to block/ not install a certain update?...