Windows 10: Windows 11- how do I delete selected default libraries

Discus and support Windows 11- how do I delete selected default libraries in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I installed a new hard drive to add space to my Hades Nuc and after figuring out how to set it up and successfully redirecting the documents and videos... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Marlene Coral, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Windows 11- how do I delete selected default libraries

I installed a new hard drive to add space to my Hades Nuc and after figuring out how to set it up and successfully redirecting the documents and videos library, the rest some how got linked to each other. Now if I change the name of one it changes the name of the others. It also automatically changes the location to be the same for all of them. I watched countless youtube videos and countless articles for which I found limited information to do on windows 11 and I tried those but it's as if updates have changed the options. The best help I saw was to hide the library but now my windows 11 onl

:)

Marlene Coral, Aug 15, 2022

2. Delete a Library in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I would suggest you to restore the Libraries and then try deleting the Library folder.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + E keys from the Keyboard to open the
      File Explorer.
    • Locate Libraries from the left pane.
    • Right click on Libraries and select Restore default libraries option from the list.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Aug 15, 2022
  3. Deleteing Windows 10 Default Libraries

Yes, I do understand that. However I like to create my own libraries, which I do use and having default libraries clutters the list and negates the usefulness. In prior version of windows you when you deleted the default libraries they stayed deleted.
    I'd like to do that here as well.

stephen84catx, Aug 15, 2022
  4. Rhen Pal Win User

Windows 11- how do I delete selected default libraries

RIP CDs

Hi,

We suggest that you perform these steps and check if the issue persists:

• Press "Windows" + "E" button on the keyboard.
    • Go to "View > Navigation pane" and select "Show libraries".
    • Now in the navigation pane, right-click on the "Music" library under "Libraries" and select "Delete".
    • Now right-click on the "Libraries" and select "Restore default libraries".
    • Now try to rip.

We also suggest that you refer to this link. Burn and rip CDs.

Regards.

Rhen Pal, Aug 15, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11- how do I delete selected default libraries

1. Windows 11- how do I delete selected default libraries - Similar Threads - delete selected default

2. i have games in my library i want to delete how do i do it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have games in my library i want to delete how do i do it: I have lots of games that i have downloaded from microsoft store and are in the library , some of these i wish to uninstall /delete from the system how do i do it please can you help keith...
  3. How do I delete songs from my Library in Windows Media Player 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete songs from my Library in Windows Media Player 11?: Hello!I'm having a little problem with the new Windows Media Player 11 I believe it's called. I've been trying to find the "delete" button so I can delete songs from my Music Library in the app, but there isn't one? Or at least I cannot find it. I feel that I've looked...
  4. How do I delete songs from my Library in Windows Media Player 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I delete songs from my Library in Windows Media Player 11?: Hello!I'm having a little problem with the new Windows Media Player 11 I believe it's called. I've been trying to find the "delete" button so I can delete songs from my Music Library in the app, but there isn't one? Or at least I cannot find it. I feel that I've looked...
  5. Windows 11- how do I delete selected default libraries or unmerge folders

Windows 11- how do I delete selected default libraries or unmerge folders: Windows 11- how do I delete selected default librariesI installed a new hard drive to add space to my Hades Nuc and after figuring out how to set it up and successfully redirecting the documents and videos library, the rest some how got linked to each other. Now if I change...
  6. Windows 11- how do I delete selected default libraries or unmerge folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11- how do I delete selected default libraries or unmerge folders: Windows 11- how do I delete selected default librariesI installed a new hard drive to add space to my Hades Nuc and after figuring out how to set it up and successfully redirecting the documents and videos library, the rest some how got linked to each other. Now if I change...
  7. Windows 11- how do I delete selected default libraries

Windows 11- how do I delete selected default libraries: I installed a new hard drive to add space to my Hades Nuc and after figuring out how to set it up and successfully redirecting the documents and videos library, the rest some how got linked to each other. Now if I change the name of one it changes the name of the others. It...
  8. HOW DO I SELECT THE DEFAULT ACCOUNT IN WINDOWS MAIL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW DO I SELECT THE DEFAULT ACCOUNT IN WINDOWS MAIL: I have four different email accounts,How do I change the defualt account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-select-the-default-account-in-windows/28bcc2c3-4a22-4086-a501-d2292e0a5e42
  9. HOW DO I SELECT THE DEFAULT ACCOUNT IN WINDOWS MAIL

HOW DO I SELECT THE DEFAULT ACCOUNT IN WINDOWS MAIL: I have four different email accounts,How do I change the defualt account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-select-the-default-account-in-windows/28bcc2c3-4a22-4086-a501-d2292e0a5e42
  10. How do I delete libraries? (re: Assistive Technology)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I delete libraries? (re: Assistive Technology): I understand that libraries are virtual and do not take up much space, but the visual aspect of folders of the same name in different places confuses me immeasurably. There is no way around the confusion for me. I need to be able to go back to the old structure...