Windows 10: Windows 11: How to remove Edit With Clipchamp from File Explorer's context menu

Discus and support Windows 11: How to remove Edit With Clipchamp from File Explorer's context menu in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Clipchamp is a new default application of Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system. Microsoft purchased the web-based video editor in 2021 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Nov 22, 2022.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Windows 11: How to remove Edit With Clipchamp from File Explorer's context menu

Clipchamp is a new default application of Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system. Microsoft purchased the web-based video editor in 2021 and integrated it into development builds of Windows 11 in early 2022.

Windows 11: How to remove Edit With Clipchamp from File Explorer's context menu edit-with-clipchamp.png

The free version of Clipchamp was not really usable back then, as it had too many restrictions. It watermarked all videos and limited exports to 480p. Microsoft lifted some of the restrictions and changed the available plans. Exports support 1080p now and watermarks are no longer added in free version exports.

Microsoft made Clipchamp a default app in the Windows 11 2022 Update.

Windows 11 users may come into contact with Clipchamp in various places. One of them is File Explorer, more precisely, in the right-click context menu of media file types.

The Edit with Clipchamp option is placed prominently in the context menu. Windows 11 users who don't use the media editor have two main options to remove the context menu listing in File Explorer:

1. Uninstall Clipchamp entirely on the system.
    2. Edit the Windows Registry to remove only the Clipchamp context menu entry.

The first option is straightforward and better suited for most users, as it is simpler to execute.

Uninstall Clipchamp on Windows 11

Windows 11: How to remove Edit With Clipchamp from File Explorer's context menu clipchamp-uninstall.png

1. Select Start > Settings.
    2. Switch to Apps > Installed Apps.
    3. Type clipchamp in the search field at the top to locate the app quickly.
    4. Activate the three-dots menu next to Clipchamp's entry and select the uninstall command.
    5. Confirm the uninstall command.

Clipchamp is removed from the system, including the application's context menu entry.

Remove Clipchamp's context menu entry

Windows 11: How to remove Edit With Clipchamp from File Explorer's context menu clipchamp-blocked.png

Windows 11 users who use Clipchamp, but do not need the context menu entry, may remove just the entry from the operating system. This method may also be useful if Clipchamp was removed through other means, which did not remove the context menu entry.

Note: The Registry is a core system of Windows and it is recommended to create a backup before proceeding. If you don't use a backup program yet, try the free Paragon Backup & Recovery.

1. Open the Start interface.
    2. Type Registry Editor and select the result.
    3. Confirm the security prompt that is displayed.
    4. Paste the path Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions into the address field at the top.
    5. If the subkey Blocked does not exist, right-click on Shell Extensions and select New > Key. Name it Blocked.
    6. Right-click on Blocked and select New > String value.
    7. Name it {8AB635F8-9A67-4698-AB99-784AD929F3B4}. The string is the Clipchamp GUID.
    8. Exit the Registry Editor.
    9. Restart the system.

Tip: you can reinstall Clipchamp at any time from the Microsoft Store.

Closing Words

Windows 11 users who don't use the Clipchamp media editor may remove it from the system without ill-effects. It is the easier option and there is an option to install Clipchamp again from the Microsoft Store if it is needed in the future.

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Windows 11: How to remove Edit With Clipchamp from File Explorer's context menu appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Nov 22, 2022

2. File Explorer Context Menu

Hi Mark, my name is Neil and I'm a Windows 11 user like you.

I too wasn't thrilled by the new context menu options in Windows 11. However, since using it, my New > option appears on the first context menu, where you simply hover and then select New Folder just like Windows 10.

Now I can't be sure if this changed by itself (adapted because I have used the New option a few times) or if this came from an update? So you might want to try using the New option a few times and see if it moves to the first context menu.

However, to answer your question, yes! There is a way to restore a full context menu back to Windows 11.

It involves editing the registry but is a fairly simple thing to do and it is also easy to remove too by deleting the key you create if you ever needed to.

There are many websites with the steps that show you what to do, but I think this one is the best as a step-by-step guide: https://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-to-res...

After following the instructions and rebooting, you will have a full context menu when you right click.

I hope this helps!

Kindest regards,

Neil

Smug Puppy, Nov 22, 2022
  3. MarkC123 Win User
    File Explorer Context Menu

Changes to the File Explorer context menu in Windows 11 have made it more inconvenient for me to use compared with Windows 10. I use "New Folder" frequently and this is now 2-clicks away, in favour of a list of commands I never use. Is there a way to change way this context menu displays?

MarkC123, Nov 22, 2022
  4. dalchina Win User

Edit on Context menu and Python

Hi, suggest you try Default Programs Editor - free.

Search the list for your extension:

Windows 11: How to remove Edit With Clipchamp from File Explorer's context menu [​IMG]

Example of Edit on the context menu

Windows 11: How to remove Edit With Clipchamp from File Explorer's context menu [​IMG]

Add the command you want (Edit):

]

dalchina, Nov 22, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 11: How to remove Edit With Clipchamp from File Explorer's context menu - Similar Threads - remove Edit Clipchamp

2. Unable to regedit away Dragon and Clipchamp from the right click context menu in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to regedit away Dragon and Clipchamp from the right click context menu in file explorer: My right click context menu is now reverted to the Windows 10 style. However, now I would like to remove multiple irrelevant entries including two "share" folders with the dropbox icon, and something called "clipchamp". I have tried deleting "share" from multple places within...
  3. Unable to regedit away Dragon and Clipchamp from the right click context menu in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to regedit away Dragon and Clipchamp from the right click context menu in file explorer: My right click context menu is now reverted to the Windows 10 style. However, now I would like to remove multiple irrelevant entries including two "share" folders with the dropbox icon, and something called "clipchamp". I have tried deleting "share" from multple places within...
  4. How to Remove Menu bar from Windows 11 File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Remove Menu bar from Windows 11 File Explorer?: This menu bar appeared suddenly out of nowhere. Can anyone help me out to get rid of it. TIA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-menu-bar-from-windows-11-file/c16dceeb-7691-45a8-a5ee-7ff5db159162
  5. How to remove Edit with Photos and Edit with Paint 3D from Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to remove Edit with Photos and Edit with Paint 3D from Context Menu in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you want to remove Edit with Photos and Edit with Paint 3D options from the right-click context […] This article How to remove Edit with Photos and Edit with Paint 3D from Context Menu in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Remove 'Print' and 'Edit' From The Context Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove 'Print' and 'Edit' From The Context Menu: I am looking for a way to remove the Print and Edit commands from the context menu when I right click on photos. I never use either and I already have a lot of items in the menu. Hopefully the screenshot is attached right. It shows you the top of my context menu with the two...
  7. Remove 'Print' and 'Edit' From The Context Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove 'Print' and 'Edit' From The Context Menu: I am looking for a way to remove the Print and Edit commands from the context menu when I right click on photos. I never use either and I already have a lot of items in the menu. Hopefully the screenshot is attached right. It shows you the top of my context menu with the two...
  8. How to remove 'edit' option from context menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove 'edit' option from context menu?: I find the edit option really annoying and useless. Is there any way to remove it? Running Windows 10 Pro 149245
  9. How to remove 'Edit' and 'Print' from the context menu for images?

How to remove 'Edit' and 'Print' from the context menu for images?: How to remove 'Edit' and 'Print' from the context menu for images? 26662
  10. How to edit context menu?

How to edit context menu?: My context menus are already bloated by various software I installed. How do I remove items from there? 12169