Windows 10: Windows 11 - How to use OneDrive Folder subfolders as screensaver pics

Discus and support Windows 11 - How to use OneDrive Folder subfolders as screensaver pics in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently purchased a new PC with Windows 11. I am attempting to use the screensaver without much luck. I have it pointed to the main OneDrive folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by andreah1166, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Windows 11 - How to use OneDrive Folder subfolders as screensaver pics

I recently purchased a new PC with Windows 11. I am attempting to use the screensaver without much luck. I have it pointed to the main OneDrive folder in hopes it would pick up the dozens of subfolders I have within it with all my pictures. 85% of them are not saved locally, only in the cloud. For some reason, the screensaver has chosen only one picture and does not shuffle, etc. Is there a way to have all my OneDrive pics available on screensaver? I would prefer not to move them all locally as they take up a lot of space, I'm assuming it won't grab them because they are online in the cl

:)

andreah1166, Aug 15, 2022
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Windows 11 - How to use OneDrive Folder subfolders as screensaver pics :)

terrace, Aug 15, 2022
  3. onedrive duplicating my folders...

Hi.

Again, onedrive is going crazy and is duplicating my main folder, full of subfolders. It's locking me out of all my files. I have windows 10, Office 365 home. I paused synch at the moment before I have 1000 copy of my folder, which I can't open anyway!
    Please don't ask me any question that will further delay the repair. Simply give me a step by step solution and then improve onedrive so this won't happen again to so many of us. I suggest you also add "onedrive" in the list of "Windows Topics" below since
    thousands of users have issues with it.

Thanks

Michel

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Michel Chiangmai, Aug 15, 2022
  4. KeithM Win User

Windows 11 - How to use OneDrive Folder subfolders as screensaver pics

OneDrive is subfolder of Desktop in the Registry.

You don't specify the key you found that entry under, but I'm guessing it's:
    • HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

Then you say:
    • " I have found the GUID of OneDrive is a different hex number."
    But you don't tell us how you "found" this or the value of the GUID, but I'm guessing it's:
    • {018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}

Both are related to OneDrive. {A52BBA46-E9E1-435f-B3D9-28DAA648C0F6} is the KnownFolderID of the OneDrive folder. The ID/Path value is only found under HKCU\...\UserShellFolders if the file sytem location of the OneDrive folder has been changed from its default of %UserProfile%\OneDrive, which can only be done on setup or when re-linking your PC after un-linking.

{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6} is the CLSID of the virtual folder that is inserted into the Virtual Desktop namespace via:
    • HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace

This is what allows OneDrive to appear in the Navigation Pane and on the Desktop. That is why it's the GUID you find most frequently in internet searches --- people frequently want to remove it from the Navigation Pane.

Before I make any suggestions, would like more info:
    1. In the Explreor Address bar or a Run dialog, type shell:OneDriveEnter. Does a folder open, eror occur, or nothing happen?
    2. Does the folder D:\Desktop\OneDrvie exist? Amy content?
    3. Does the %UserProfile%\OneDrive folder still exist? Any content?
    4. If you access OneDrive online via your MS account, and it contains folders/files, can you locate the corresponding items anywhere on your PC?

The one thing you might try is deleting the {A52BBA46-E9E1-435f-B3D9-28DAA648C0F6} value under HKCU\...\UserShellFolders, creating (if it doesn't exist) a folder named OneDrive in your user profile folder (the default location), restarting your PC, and then seeing if your can start OneDrive.

KeithM, Aug 15, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 - How to use OneDrive Folder subfolders as screensaver pics

1. Windows 11 - How to use OneDrive Folder subfolders as screensaver pics - Similar Threads - OneDrive Folder subfolders

2. Use subfolders for background in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use subfolders for background in Windows 11: I would suggest that every Windows user with more than 100 stored images organizes their images in subfolders. Why is it so difficult to support subfolders for background images? This requirement has existed for several years, see among others...
  3. Use subfolders for background in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Use subfolders for background in Windows 11: I would suggest that every Windows user with more than 100 stored images organizes their images in subfolders. Why is it so difficult to support subfolders for background images? This requirement has existed for several years, see among others...
  4. Windows 11 - How to use OneDrive Folder subfolders as screensaver pics

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - How to use OneDrive Folder subfolders as screensaver pics: I recently purchased a new PC with Windows 11. I am attempting to use the screensaver without much luck. I have it pointed to the main OneDrive folder in hopes it would pick up the dozens of subfolders I have within it with all my pictures. 85% of them are not saved locally,...
  5. How to split Onedrive Photo folder into subfolders?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to split Onedrive Photo folder into subfolders?: Hi there,I have a folder with years worth of images. It's so big and difficult to navigate slow that I can't really work with it.Is there a way to split it automatically into subfolders by year so it's easier to manage?Thanks in advance, Gunnar...
  6. How to split Onedrive Photo folder into subfolders?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to split Onedrive Photo folder into subfolders?: Hi there,I have a folder with years worth of images. It's so big and difficult to navigate slow that I can't really work with it.Is there a way to split it automatically into subfolders by year so it's easier to manage?Thanks in advance, Gunnar...
  7. How to split Onedrive Photo folder into subfolders?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Folders and Subfolders

in Windows 10 Support
    Folders and Subfolders: Using windows explorer to organize photos by year and then subfolders for activities during that year I want to be able to see all folders and subfolders on the main windows explorer screen without having to click on the year folder to see what that year contains. Is that...
  9. OneDrive subfolders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive subfolders: I found in OneDrive a folder named "Attachments". I hadn't created it and it was empty so I deleted it but the next day it was back again but still empty. What is it for?...
  10. Can't get rid of the screensaver pics

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't get rid of the screensaver pics: I want to get rid of the screensaver with all the scenery pics where it asks if you like this picture, etc., which I have to click numerous times in just the right spot to get rid of. I just want to power on to the password prompt. (Better yet, no password prompt at all--just...