Windows 10: Windows 11 HP laptop's search menu low res font and icons everything else is fine

Discus and support Windows 11 HP laptop's search menu low res font and icons everything else is fine in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; the search menu on my laptop display only seems to be really low res on everything while everything else is fine. However, on my monitor hooked up to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by o.burrows, Jun 27, 2022.

1. o.burrows Win User

Windows 11 HP laptop's search menu low res font and icons everything else is fine

the search menu on my laptop display only seems to be really low res on everything while everything else is fine. However, on my monitor hooked up to the laptop has no issue with this. Is there any fix?

:)

o.burrows, Jun 27, 2022
  2. Ian Ser Win User

Internet Explorer 11 Menu font size

Hi Larry,

Follow these steps to change the font size in IE11:

• Click Start menu or press Windows key on your keyboard.
    • Type and click Control Panel.
    • Click Appearance and Personalization and under Display, click
      Make text other items larger or smaller.
    • Under Change only the text size, choose the Title bars
      in the drop-down menu and the desired font size on the drop-down menu beside it.

Let us know if the suggested steps helped.

Ian Ser, Jun 27, 2022
  3. NeoSOS Win User
    Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Jun 27, 2022
  4. Naki Win User

Windows 11 HP laptop's search menu low res font and icons everything else is fine

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Thema:

1. Windows 11 HP laptop's search menu low res font and icons everything else is fine - Similar Threads - laptop's search menu

2. Windows freezes but everything else is fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows freezes but everything else is fine: I had a crash recently with the game hearthstone, not a very resource intensive game, and with my pc specs it should and usually runs fine. While the crash is unusual, the more concerning problem lies after. So the game is not responding and the windows popup asking me to...
  3. Windows freezes but everything else is fine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows freezes but everything else is fine: I had a crash recently with the game hearthstone, not a very resource intensive game, and with my pc specs it should and usually runs fine. While the crash is unusual, the more concerning problem lies after. So the game is not responding and the windows popup asking me to...
  4. Windows 11 HP laptop's search menu low res font and icons everything else is fine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 HP laptop's search menu low res font and icons everything else is fine: the search menu on my laptop display only seems to be really low res on everything while everything else is fine. However, on my monitor hooked up to the laptop has no issue with this. Is there any fix?...
  5. Taskbar, multimedia/volume controls and start menu really slow but everything else is fine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar, multimedia/volume controls and start menu really slow but everything else is fine: Hello. I got a brand new MSI laptop about 2 or 3 months back and I installed translucent TB to make the taskbar invisible. I decided to fully unnistall it a bit later, however sometimes my taskbar gets really slow after an hour or so of being on the computer. Changing the...
  6. Low res installers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Low res installers: All installers are super low res . And orange app is also super low res . My monitor is a 1080 p one submitted by /u/Gooierwheat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l9t12g/low_res_installers/
  7. Low res/Pixelated icon in windows search Top Apps list

in Cortana
    Low res/Pixelated icon in windows search Top Apps list: the title says it all, my top apps icon in windows search looks so low res and some kind of pixelated does someone have that problem too, cause ive searched on internet and find no solution or how to fix that [ATTACH] thank you...
  8. Stuck in low -res in W10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stuck in low -res in W10: I cannot get W10 to display anything other than low-res. Screen resolution is greyed out in display, so cannot change. Monitor works fine with another W10 machine and with other PCs and laptops. What is the fix? Monitor comes up as Generic, so cannot load the correct...
  9. Steam Running in low res

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam Running in low res: Hi all I just installed Windows 10 Pro from the official updater in what was Windows 7. Since the upgrade to Windows 10 there are a few bits I am tweaking to get them how I like them but one I cannot find a fix for. 1. When I open Steam it opens in ultra low...
  10. Low res on some app icons?

in Windows 10 Support
    Low res on some app icons?: Just installed 10122 and noticed when I tried the Windows Key, some of the app icons appear in low res. I included the two top ones that look ok for comparison. 6239