Windows 10: Windows 11, HP Pavilion laptop. Occasionally when I boot up from shutdown not sleep the...

Discus and support Windows 11, HP Pavilion laptop. Occasionally when I boot up from shutdown not sleep the... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hopefully the images attach properlyOccasionally when I start up, all of my desktop icons seem to reposition, almost as if I have a different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Joshua Melton, Jan 19, 2024.

1. Windows 11, HP Pavilion laptop. Occasionally when I boot up from shutdown not sleep the...

Hopefully the images attach properlyOccasionally when I start up, all of my desktop icons seem to reposition, almost as if I have a different resolution setting. They don't reposition as if I turned on Auto Arrange, they just spread out more and have a different spacing between them, but in the same arrangement. I always update graphics drivers Nvidia 1060ti, and the built in Intel, I update Windows every night in fact, but this has been going on for at least a year and I'm wondering if there is any insight out there. I'm happy to provide any useful info.For clarification, the first image is

:)

Joshua Melton, Jan 19, 2024
  2. Phillmont Win User

Hibernating laptop changes to sleep behaviour after Windows 10 May 2019 update

Hi Aditya,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried the two steps (turning of Hybrid sleep and Fast startup) you suggested but to no avail. Okay, for your two questions:

1. My laptop is a HP Pavilion 14-bf101tx, and currently running Windows 10 1903 (upgrading from 1809).
    2. Nope. No error messages. I suppose the boot process was successful, however, my battery was reduced. That's why I suggest the post title as "Hibernating changes to sleep behaviour" because the battery level reduction looks like sleep behaviour.

Please inform me of any diagnostics information you might need. Thank you for your kind assistance.

Phillmont, Jan 19, 2024
  3. Xjoejoex Win User
    Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

Windows 11, HP Pavilion laptop. Occasionally when I boot up from shutdown not sleep the... 197350d1532709992t-hp-laptop-screen-won-t-display-except-occasionally-img_3770.jpg

Windows 11, HP Pavilion laptop. Occasionally when I boot up from shutdown not sleep the... 197351d1532709992t-hp-laptop-screen-won-t-display-except-occasionally-img_3771.jpg

Windows 11, HP Pavilion laptop. Occasionally when I boot up from shutdown not sleep the... 197352d1532709992t-hp-laptop-screen-won-t-display-except-occasionally-img_3772.jpg

Windows 11, HP Pavilion laptop. Occasionally when I boot up from shutdown not sleep the... 197353d1532709992t-hp-laptop-screen-won-t-display-except-occasionally-img_3773.jpg

I would like to note that step 20 comes up with no files. Perhaps this could be the source of the issues?

Xjoejoex, Jan 19, 2024
  4. asuaual Win User

Windows 11, HP Pavilion laptop. Occasionally when I boot up from shutdown not sleep the...

HP Laptop Boot Loop

I am encountering a boot loop problem with my HP laptop. Upon startup, it shows the HP logo and loading dots for about 11 seconds, then goes to a blank screen for approximately a minute before automatically restarting. The power button does not turn off during this cycle.

Troubleshooting Steps Taken:

• Tried hard reset and accessing BIOS/UEFI settings.
    • Unable to boot into Safe Mode or recovery environment.
    please see here the recorded video demonstrating the boot loop behavior for reference.

Any advice, troubleshooting steps, or insights into what might be causing this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help and suggestions.

asuaual, Jan 19, 2024
Thema:

Windows 11, HP Pavilion laptop. Occasionally when I boot up from shutdown not sleep the...

1. Windows 11, HP Pavilion laptop. Occasionally when I boot up from shutdown not sleep the... - Similar Threads - Pavilion laptop Occasionally

2. Windows 11, HP Pavilion laptop. Occasionally when I boot up from shutdown not sleep the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11, HP Pavilion laptop. Occasionally when I boot up from shutdown not sleep the...: Hopefully the images attach properlyOccasionally when I start up, all of my desktop icons seem to reposition, almost as if I have a different resolution setting. They don't reposition as if I turned on Auto Arrange, they just spread out more and have a different spacing...
  3. Shutdown and sleep probelm in hp laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shutdown and sleep probelm in hp laptop: My laptop doesn't go into sleep, hibernate ,or even shut down properly.when ever I shut down my laptop the screen goes black but the backlight of keyboard is still on indicating that the laptop hasn't shutdown so I should force shutdown my laptop by long pressing the power...
  4. Shutdown and sleep probelm in hp laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shutdown and sleep probelm in hp laptop: My laptop doesn't go into sleep, hibernate ,or even shut down properly.when ever I shut down my laptop the screen goes black but the backlight of keyboard is still on indicating that the laptop hasn't shutdown so I should force shutdown my laptop by long pressing the power...
  5. Shutdown and sleep probelm in hp laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. HP Pavilion 15 will not boot up.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Pavilion 15 will not boot up.: I have tried the recommended method of hard shut down repeated after the logo and spinning wheel appear and it reaches the 'preparing automatic repair' stage. That is where it stays. I have left it on that screen for up to 15 hours at one stage, and nothing happens, therefore...
  7. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when boot up from shutdown.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when boot up from shutdown.: I just brought the laptop Asus TUF Gaming F15 and it come with preinstalled Windows 10 1909. Everything was fine until Windows Update it update the os version to 2004 and 20H2. After update to 2004 or 20H2, the windows always BSOD when I startup the laptop from shutdown...
  8. Boot up problems - HP Pavilion dv5

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot up problems - HP Pavilion dv5: Greetings, I have a HP dv5 thats experiencing many boot-up problems. It started with the computer throwing the “no bootable disk” every so often and after a few boots it would turn on normally. i took it to a tech guy and he said that these laptops have a flaw in which...
  9. HP Laptop not waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HP Laptop not waking up from sleep: My HP laptop model is 15g-br106tx. My laptop goes to sleep but does not wake up from sleep. I've searched various articles and tried few solutions. But the problem still persists. The first solution is to enable the device keyboard or touchpad to enable it to wake the...
  10. Laptop occasionally not waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop occasionally not waking from sleep: Hi there. I first apologise as this doesn't apply to my current computer specs but to my friend's laptop. His laptop however is also a Toshiba Satellite and also has Windows 10 Home 64bit. What seems to happen is when he closes the lid on his laptop his laptop sleeps...